1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Preferred Rates Gone Mlife?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BarelyHangingOn, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using Mirage for example.

I was getting my x of comp'd nights which floats between 3 - 4.

I was also getting $49 a night for a regular room. I checked today and the rates are now normal rates ranging from $100 to quite ridiculous.

Is this one of the new changes?

2. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates were you checking for, any big events occuring?

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, might be the dates you are looking at??

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, has your play stayed the same the last trip or two? The changes proposed or implemented did not specifically state anything about taking comp room nights away from customers. These are usually "play" driven metrics.........

5. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My play during my August trip did go down from previous trips as we hung around the pool more.

The strange part is the number of Free Nights is the same. You would think they would go down or change.

The change is instead of $49 a night for all other nights (including weekends) it's now all over the map.

6. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, they've gotten rid of the tier discounts. You either get a comp offer, "exclusive rates" offer, or a flat 10% off rack.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very strange marketing plan.

If I have 3 Comp'd nights and the 4th night is $250 instead of $49 what are the odds I am making that trip? Not good.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I'm following. So you see 3 comp nights on the calendar in a row and then the 4th night is $49? But when you try to book the 4th night is $250?

If that's what you are saying, then you are getting 3 nights. You can pick 3 comp nights on the nights in the calendar that show comp or pick the 2 comp nights and pay $49 for that 3rd night. Once you book the 3 comps nights you will get the 4th at rack rate - 10%, not at the $49. The previous tier discount would have gotten you that 4th night cheaper than $250 but not down to $49.

9. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my room at The Mirage was not Comp'd such as a Saturday or over and above the 3 - 4 nights my rate was actually $45 since 2017 and rose to $49 on my past trip. I cancelled the $49 night in August as my wife used a MyVegas night for the 4th.

2018/12/08 was a Saturday night during Rodeo and you can see I paid $45 plus $20 for the Tower upgrade.

My Gaming Offer as always Comp'd NIghts plus VIP Rates (or something like that).

[​IMG]

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to tell what you're really asking or looking at. You still haven't said what dates you're looking at.

This is how I've see the MLife pricing work the last few months:

You log in and go to a hotel's website and click on an offer, and bring up the calendar.

In my case, my offer is for "up to 4 nights in a Resort Room"

This is what the Mirage calendar for December looks like when it first loads:

upload_2019-10-24_10-13-7.png

I want to stay 7 nights, from the 15th to the 22nd.

When I click on the 15th and 22nd to define my stay length, the boxes for the extra 3 nights change to show prices:

upload_2019-10-24_10-14-41.png

When I click the View Rooms button to go to the page where all the room types are listed, if I select the base room and look at the detailed pricing, I'm getting a discount for those additional nights that's even bigger than the old MLife tier discount (I'm getting a $19 discount on a $55 rate for one night - 35%, and a $63 discount on a $99 rate for the other two - 64%)

upload_2019-10-24_10-18-52.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. BarelyHangingOn

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chuck I appreciate what you are saying.

They are giving you a cut rate on nights they are comping on your calendar that go over your free night limit.

What I am saying is that the nights that have prices all used to be $45 a night no mater what.

Previously the $83 would have been $45 in most cases. There would be the odd exception like New Years or Superbowl etc.

[​IMG]

Look at your calendar. Friday December 13th would not have been $113 it would have been $45 being in the middle of com'd nights.

Anyways I can't show you because I can't go back in time and take a screen print. But suffice it to say that most if not all nights that were not com'd at The MIrage were $45 for me unless it was on a special time.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your help as always.

12. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @BarelyHangingOn that looks like the November calendar, not December. Can't tell if you have th 14th comped.

13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I think maybe I know what you mean, something along the lines of what they used to refer to as "special rates."

If I look at the Mirage calendar around the 13th, I see this:
    upload_2019-10-24_17-5-1.png

If I went to book it, it says they'd charge me $113 for a room where the retail rate is $249
    upload_2019-10-24_17-6-30.png

From what I've seen, the reason for that is that I (and you) don't qualify to get a night comped if the retail rate is $249 (or more).

Would we be able to get it if it was $239? Maybe. We don't know what our max per night "compability" is.

We could probably figure it out by going to the Mirage site when not logged in. Look at the calendar and find dates that are $249, $239, $229, etc, as far down as you want to go.

Then log in, load the offer, and then load those dates one by one until you find one you can get comped. That's probably your "per night" max - the max amount they will comp you for any individual night.

I don't want to say that you being be able to get nights for $45 most of the time in the past was a fluke or a coincidence, but do you know if the retail rates for any of those nights in the past was $249? Maybe you're just running into an expensive night this time...

I don't like that they took away the tier discount, because I used to use it to occasionally book suites, and they would also apply the tier discount to extra nights on a comp stay. But now I get a much bigger discount on extra nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.