1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bell Ride Share Tip

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Ezzy711, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I apologize if this has been answered many times before. I did try a search, but there is waaaaay to much information and I ended looking at many threads without finding what I need.

I took the Bell Ride Share last trip. I didn't have a stretch, but a well maintained sedan. Great driver and we chatted all the way there. Also had a wonderful, prompt driver on the return. I tipped $15 each way. Was that over generous? What do you normally tip? I'm thinking maybe $10 this time.

When I would take a limo special with a driver that meets you, takes a nice drive around on the way, maybe I stop I would tip $20/$25 out and $15 on the way back. The share deal is less time, not meeting you with the sign and no stops or sightseeing. I'm not trying to be cheap but wondering what is typical.

Thanks!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering I tip on the service provided, sounds like $15 each was just about right since you had a good experience with them.

I'd probably do $10 minimum unless the driver was dull and didn't lift a finger with my bags.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this the ride share that costs about $16 round trip?

4. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. Used to $30 round trip, price went up to $36 to the strip.

5. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think we are talking about the same service. I always purchase a round trip to a Strip hotel, usually Park MGM or NYNY, from the Bell Trans booth outside baggage claim for about $16. Customers are sorted into vans heading to south, center, and north Strip hotels. A van can seat about 15 people. I tip the driver but not $10 on a one way fare of $8.

6. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, this is what they call the vip shuttle. It is a sedan with one to three people. You pay ahead of time but go to the same booth. They call a car for you and you are off. I feel it’s the best deal around. Close to baggage claim and quick (so far).

Thanks for the reply!

7. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the clarification.

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is the best way to go UNLESS there is something big going on. I had to wait over an hour for my car last time. They were taking walk ups at full price and sending them in cars while I sat. Not sure if they only have a few designated for the VIP shuttle? I got a bit sarcastic with them when they had a walk up to a hotel two away from mine. No said you could have given her a discount and sent me in same car and not had to waste another vehicle. He gave me a blank look and said yeah that would have been a good idea.

Won’t stop me from using them again lol. Normally get a stretch for a return when early am departure. It is still my favorite way to get to hotel. Will not use the shuttle bus.

I usually tip $10 but most are not very interactive. If they offer water etc I tip better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A solo limo trip is usually 20 tip each way and that is with the driver meeting you with a sign.
    I would say 10 on a shared trip is fine. I am actually looking into the bell limo share option for my trip in 2 weeks.

It actually listed 30-41 now..... going up up up
    https://www.belllimousine.com/web-special/limo-share-a-ride/

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figure the cabby will shaft me for $25 one way even if I tell him to not take the tunnel. So $41 RT plus tip is acceptable to me when I can ride in comfort.

Last (to Strip) taxi ride I ever took a couple years back I told him to go to Paris via ?Audrie or whatever comes in between Miracle Mile garage & Paris garage. Oh no he would have to turn at X because there was an accident- he refused to go the way I wanted . He got to the intersection & yes there had been an accident but it was cleared (everything being packed up & they had traffic going thru). He turned his direction anyway and finally took me in on Flamingo. Where we then sat in a 45 min traffic back up between Ellis Island & LVB corner. He knew I was ticked. He finally noticed I already had my cash out and knew he was sunk because that was all he was going to get. Plus he wasted over an hour in traffic between Flamingo & Strip when he could have grabbed other fares. Sorry just needed to vent lol!!!’

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  11. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is why I started using the ride share. No dragging luggage to the parking lot, help with luggage, big, clean car and it is in their best interest to get you there ASAP.

12. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad there isn't a vegasmessageboard limo service ;-(

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I booked the round trip limo share it was 38.00.. I'll come back and post how it goes. I normally tip the taxi 5-6 dollars.. so I might just do the same on these trips unless they impress me for that big fat 10 dollar tip. :biker::biker:

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy to report the trip to the Hotel went smoothly. I was all alone in a very nice sedan and the driver was excellent.
    I had to wait about 5 minutes for the car to show up.. figuring they were waiting for people to show up.. but guess no one was scheduled so got lucky.
    Driver said that it happens about 20% of the time that you get solo in a shared ride. 19 each way 10 dollar tip.
    They had their limo waiting there so maybe if there were 3 riders waiting that would have use that? Not sure.
    Way better than a taxi or uber imo.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this to Strip, off Strip, or Downtown? Would the price have been different if taken to one of the others?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the VIP Shuttle, but I switched to Lyft because it is a little more flexible for me. My VIP shuttle tip strategy was $10 each way, unless I shared the ride. In that case, the tip would be $5. Of the times I used it, never had to share the ride though. Great Value.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this was to/from airport to the strip and back

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. JoeBlack

JoeBlack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just update to finish my return trip with bell trans limo.
    Picked up right in front of bally's with full stretch limo and driver waiting for me.
    Called me ahead of time and got there a good 15 minutes early incase I wanted to leave earlier than scheduled time.
    another SOLO ride back to the airport.
    Was fantastic.
    I will use this service again. A++

19. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last few times I've flown in, it's been kinda late. So, instead of the bus, I've taken the shared limo. Driver told me that I had them for an hour. So, I was able to stop on the way downtown and get some drinks. When I stay on the strip I use them pretty much no matter what time I get there. They cost about as much as a taxi(pre-tip), but it's just more convent. And, they'll make a quick stop if you ask them normally.

20. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used the shared limo service last week. Lincoln Town car for the ride to the Linq with a stop at the dispensary included. Stretch limo back to the airport. Solo both ways. 15 dollar tip each way. Would use this service again if solo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.