1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back end Cosmo Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bubbalv, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

Admittedly, I am pretty dense when it comes to asking for back end comps. Any insight would be most appreciated.

I just got back from the Cosmo - Terrace Suite Fountain view comp'd for 4 nights, $200 F&B, and $250 free play. Throughout all 4 days I averaged around 4,000 tier points a day(currently Gold, about 5K away from Platinum).

Do you think it would be worth it to reach out to my host to talk about any back end comps? In all my years I have never before thought to ask on the back end.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I've always said, as long as you're play isn't embarrassingly low (it isn't), and you have a thick skin (I don't know), it never hurts to ask.

You have gotten a pretty hefty (IMHO) up front comp, and since I am not familiar with the Cosmopolitan comp system, I don't know whether or not you've worked that comp off.

However, if you have a host, why not?

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s normal and very common to contact your host by text, phone, or email, either during the stay, the evening before you leave or in the morning before checkout and let him/her know when you are departing and ask to have your play reviewed to see if you are eligible for any backend comps. They are accustomed to this as it’s part of their daily routine.

Not knowing your coin in, your comps look healthy enough to indicate you are a solid player. Definitely talk to your host and be sure to thank him/her for any arrangements made for you or how nice your stay was. I always leave a thank you note as well. (I’m not a High Roller but play slots many hours a day and always get back end comps at Cosmo).

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

I so appreciate the insight. Thank you!

I didn't see on the Identity website where I could see just my coin in for this trip?
    View attachment 100449

C1.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last several times we have stayed at Cosmo all of us have stopped by host office in HL room - they haven't done it every time for everybody but we always have a good chat and have gotten lots of back end comps - my favorite was last time one of my buddies gambled so much that they wiped out all 4 of our rooms and charges - first time I had heard of this?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI Bubba, agree with @DaiLun, as long as you're thick-skinned, why not ask? It's better to ask and hear no versus miss out if they would have been open.

Looking at your coin-in to loss, were you playing V/P, or is that year to date?

If it's coin-in for slots on this trip, $92k and loss is $3500, I SOOOO need to learn your secret! :love::love::love:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not hesitate to ask! I used to feel silly asking until I read all of the posts on here about back end comps. My host and all of the others at my home property (Cromwell) have been super friendly. I did stay at the Cosmo last year over labor day weekend and they wiped my room charges clean (couple hundred) for the 3 day weekend. I don't think I earned as many points as you did over your trip.

Punk Rock Bowling!
    Formula 1!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'd have to go to the Activity page and figure it out from the number of points you got each day. It doesn't seem to be working for me, I think it's been broken for awhile.
    upload_2019-10-17_3-29-21.png

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I certainly agree. $92 K coin in on slots with $3500 loss is super good, that's 96.2% pay back.
    I believe it's on slots, or mix of slots and VP. If he played all on VP, then his theo would be too low
    and wouldn't have got that offer, not even remotely close.

• Like Like x 1
  10. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what are backend comps? I’m clueless

11. Figment76

Figment76 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always text my host on my last night before dinner and ask for a ballpark of what I'll have back end. That lets me know if I'll have Zuma or secret pizza for farewell dinner.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

I only play slots :) VP has never interested me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man Bubba, I am impressed! Holy cripes, if that's over 4 days, that's over 20k coin in per day for a total of $3500 loss? I seriously need your mojo, GREAT job, and I am jealous! :woohoo::D:blowkiss:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Lucky7

Lucky7 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, $92k coin-in with only $3k lost is really good. I had about $32k coin in and was down about $6200 earlier this year. Our host always reminds us to txt her when we check our so she can review our account and make adjustments accordingly. It never hurts to ask.

15. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great result for the year on all slots, especially with only $4,500 in handpays. You'd have to have quite a few large sub-handpay level hits.

I think his W/L screenshot wasn't just a single trip - he said he averaged 4,000 tier points a day, which is $10k coin-in/day, for a 4 night stay. And he asked how he could tell how much coin-in he did on the last trip. If it represented a single trip, he wouldn't need to ask.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did pretty well and your room is pretty spendy so it’s not likely there would be a lot ($1200ish so your room basically) but I always just go and ask anyway. They don’t care, you shouldn’t care. As long as you’re polite and don’t act entitled they’ll just look and tell you what they can do. I’m always a bit self effacing about it and it works out ok. Even with a good trip they want you happy so you’ll come back and lose in line with expectation.

Does make me sad though, slots would get me so much better comps :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. bubbalv

bubbalv Low-Roller

Correct. This was my second trip this year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming half of the coin-in from this trip, 46k, theo is 4600, the offer is right on spot.
    Maybe you can ask a little bit on back end, but don't expect too much.

19. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @bubbalv FWIW, I've gambled at many properties and have had many hosts over the last 15-20 years. Literally, I've only had one very rude host that I interacted with. I was playing at Palms and had lost a few thousand on slots after a couple days of play. I had maybe $100 in food charged to my room. The host literally laughed at me and said, "Why ever would you be entitled to anything?" I said that I had gotten a comped room on much less play than what I had put in this trip and just thought I'd check in to see if there was anything that could be taken off for the food. He told me absolutely not and maybe I was better suited for Boyd or some other low-rent property. This was when Palms was just Palms - many years ago. (Not my opinion that Boyd is low-rent - this was his and his alone!)

My long-winded point is that it really doesn't hurt to ask and 99.9% of the time I've gotten something out of it. And as you can see from my tale above, it is rare to come across somebody so rude. Plus, you can start to understand what kind of play equals what kind of comp at each property you stay. Good luck!

BTW, I'm Cosmo Platinum and your play looks solid. Lucky you on the very low losses! Wish I could say the same. I had maybe 50-75k more points than you a year IIRC and received a wrap-a-round suite, average of $900 fsp and about $5-800 of food comped off per trip. I averaged 5 trips per year or so at the time. YMMV

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That host is now working at MGM, I would guess. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.