1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Odds of late checkout at Cosmo without a host, Gold level

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Multifarious5, Oct 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've always had complimentary late checkout at Cosmo through a host. This trip probably won't be through a host. (Tried to book through a host, didn't work, so just booked on our own versus being naggy/annoying.)

We are gold level, which a tier perk is "Early check-in and late check-out when available." Late checkout is easy with a host, but without, how hard is it at Cosmo with gold status?

I'm just trying to figure out what flight to book home. If late checkout should be available, I'll go later if not, I don't want a really late flight.

Thanks all!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like it should be a function of how booked up they are for your checkout day, combined with how many late check-outs they already have on the books.

Even if they're slammed, they can't reset all the rooms at the same time.

So they must have a list of rooms to reset last. And paid late check-outs will be on that list. And based on occupancy, they probably know what they want the maximum number of late check-outs to be.

You might be able to get a tip off by looking at the room rate for the night of your check-out. If it's really high, you might have a problem. If it's average or low, not so much. And a Studio or a One Bedroom is probably easiest because they have a million of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

I've actually been thinking about that and whether it would be advisable to book the room for that night (comped) and then check out early, rather than rely on the possibility of a late check out. Any thoughts on that?

When you do a complimentary late check out through a host, do you do it ahead of time or the day of?

I need all the luck I can get!
  4. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We almost always take the last non stop flight home which generally departs about 6:00, we just book the room for that night and check out early. It's never affected future offers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call first thing in the morning of your checkout. I’ve tried doing earlier but they just say to call back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little OT, but when you would book through your host, how late of a checkout have you been given? The last half of my November trip will be at Cosmo but our flight isn't until about 8pm. I booked through a host, but didn't ask for late checkout and figured we'd just check out bags with the desk. I'm also Platinum with Marriott if that counts for anything.

7. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your play warrants it I am sure you could talk to the host on duty on the day of check out. We have done this before when we flew out at midnight. He let us keep the room until 6 pm with no charge.
    I would imagine it comes down to how much you played, and how busy it is.

8. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had much luck getting late check-out at Cosmo. Even when I was Gold getting 1 PM was like pulling teeth.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Multi - since you’ve always had a host at Cosmo who gave you late checkout and you’ve already booked your comp room direct, I’d suggest:
    a) shoot your host an email or a text and just ask if a late checkout can be added to the reservation.
    b) ask at check-in for late checkout, I’ve been asked many times on check-in day if I needed late checkout.
    c) call the host on duty the morning of checkout.

With your long history there, they better give you late checkout my friend :nworthy:

(I’m no longer gold there since the timing of my trips and fewer trips resulted in loss of gold, but my host still books for me and late checkout when needed, so you should still be in good standing for that, I hope, but I’m no Cosmo expert...)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always great feedback Chuck, thank you!
    Emmas, through a host I ask when I book the room. I'm low on the food chain so I try to put any requests in one email. It's always worked great.

Thanks so much DJ! We build in a buffer night at mlife, but I just toe the line at Cosmo (lower roller than you) so I may just plan on normal checkout versus risk anything. If I didn't toe the line with them I'd definitely do this!
    We booked once without a host and this is exactly what we got, and it was really tough to finally get an hour extra.
    Through a host we've gotten 3-4:00 pm no problem.
    Ha! My host has been very generous even dealing with me, as I'm not at a play level that merits a host there. ICosmo has been extremely generous to us for our play level, so if I don't get it No biggie. I'll just look at earlier flights. :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.