1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Judging my play vs. my comps. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Aces and Eights, Oct 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a person who goes to Vegas 4 to 6 times a year for 3 or 4 nights per trip. They give me a Caesars (Caesars, Paris, PH) room comped; usually a Vista Fountain View room at PH, a Caesars Augustus fountain view, or a Paris end-of-the-hallway fountain view room. On the first night I only play enough to earn over 500 points. The other nights I earn over 1,000 points. So I get 2215 or 3125 extra tier credits per trips for over 5000 total points per trip. I also get $225 of free-play per trip. Sometimes, instead, I take advantage of the free concert tickets for Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Lopez, or Christina Aguilera, good seats too, second row to one side. And these are up front offers.

Do you think I should venture out and try M Life? I like their options better (Bellagio, Aria, Mirage, Mandalay Bay), or do you think I'm getting really good offers from Caesars and remain loyal to them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What sort of game to you play, average bet, how long.. Lot of info being left out to assess your ADT to give you a viable answer insofar as if you're correctly comped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, you're getting comped appropriately. Your comps at mLife would be less. mLife members do not automatically get resort fees waived and you might not make Platinum anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET is almost always the easier comp for rooms and such. Now I believe that MGM has a better room product on their upper end but it’s a tougher comp.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @BayouBengal Yes and no. I agree with your assessment overall, but I'm a very low roller (Historically I only make pearl, and most years a big chunk of that is resort spend) and I get 2 generally midweek nights at Mandalay Bay or Mirage no problem.

EDC
  6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know, earned tier points are adjusted based on pace of game, house advantage, number of players, and average bet. So if you play slots you get more points per game divided by how many games you play times bet amount divided by house advantage. So however many points you earn has all of that factored into the equation. So earned Tier Credits follow the same ramp rate as your ADT. I have to indicate earned because bonus tier credits disrupts the equation and can't be used in the equation even though I mention it in my post.

7. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @DaiLun. MGM isn't going to give you what you're getting from CET. Even level perks at MGM won't match CET.

And, in my experience, MGM service levels are below CET's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With CET, $5=1 Tier Credit on slots, $10= 1 Tier Credit on vp. Any exceptions(like some, not all, of the vp at Cromwell)are clearly labeled on the machines. It's very cut and dried.

Table games are more "mysterious". But I've found the pit to be friendly and helpful when trying to get fair TC's at tables with CET.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Elizakess

Elizakess Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stick with Caesars because you are getting a good deal and because Keith Meister Icahn second in command has bought stock and weaseled his way onto the MGM board. Tracinda has sold last of its shares and that was Kevorkian. I’d put play somewhere else to branch out if you were going to do so.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you are getting good comps at CET.

BUT.

If you're going 4 - 6 times a year for 3 or 4 nights each time, you have plenty of opportunity to seed some play at one or more other properties.

Maybe your offers won't be quite as good elsewhere. But you'll have options. I learned early on not to keep all my comp eggs in one basket. Things change.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. DrMBachJr

DrMBachJr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @DaiLun and @Chuck2009x. My play is similar to yours. I play BJ and slots. I usually get at least 500 on check in and check out days and 1000-2500 on the other days. I tend to play about 4 hours of BJ at usually around $50/hand and I will play slots for another 2-4 hours depending on how it’s going. I was an MLife guy because I love the MGM Grand, probably nostalgia from when I came to Vegas as a kid (parents have a timeshare at the Polo Towers). I gave the MLife properties pretty much all of my play and I was usually comped 3-4 nights (still have to pay resort fees though) in a mid tier room at MGM, a little better room at lesser properties, and reduced rate at Aria, Bellagio, etc. Also, usually around $50-$100 FP and $50-$100 resort credit. Last October on my birthday I was there for 3 nights comped and I played a ton. Probably over 60K TCs and earned Gold. (I ended last year with a little over 150k TCs with MLife, December stay at Aria helped with that) I ended winning a decent amount that trip, probably around $2k. I decided to get a TR card and play a little at CP and PH the night before I left. I asked about backend comps before l left and they took off like $40. I did the tier match to Diamond before I left the next morning. When I got home I saw I had an executive host had emailed me and I had every day comped at any Caesars property in Vegas. I have pretty much focused my play at Caesars properties now and get up to 5 comped nights at all their properties and usually $200-$300 FP. Also, no resort fees ever. As I mentioned before I have an executive host thru Caesars and have never even been looked at by an MLife host. CP, Cromwell, and PH are my primary places now. They take care of me much better than MLife ever did.

That being said, Chuck makes a good point about “spreading the love” and I will probably give MLife a bit of play on my trip this month (staying at Paris for a conference but not on comp and not using my card). I already made Diamond at around 24k so I will probably play one of the nights at Paris to get over 25k and play elsewhere the other nights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This! I'm the opposite camp, very well taken care of at Mlife, tried breaking into CET the past few years to keep options open, but I've found much better rewards for my play at Mlife in terms of room and RC/FP.

Admittedly though, I do higher coin-in at Mlife because I flat like their rooms better.

Caveat, Mlife does *not* give tier perks like CET, no resorts fees comped at x level, no celebration dinner, etc. Our offers have waived resort fees for years though. It's all play driven.

Also, while no celebration dinner, my offers include much more RC than at CET. (Normally $150-$200 at Aria/Bellagio, $300+ at others, plus with $$350- $400ish FP at all). Due to this, I'm totally OK not getting a tier perk like celebration dinner.

I'd agree with @Chuck2009x ... it's always good to seed and have a backup plan, IF a property/chain catches your eye.

If interested in Mlife, seed it and see what you get. FYI they are slower to give follow up comps (often a couple months) but I'd do it and see what you get. Tip though, do one heavy play day versus multiple light days.

Mlife sucks on tier perks. But they can be really solid on play-based perks. I kind of see it like pies, CET cuts many smaller pieces, but most people get a bite. Mlife gives perks to less people, but they can be bigger pieces (more FP/RC) if they DO give you a slice.

Good luck, and don't worry about tier with Mlife, just give a good solid day and see what you get. Like Chuck said, even if you don't like Mlife, it is ALWAYS good to have backup comp plans!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the MLife vs CET thing can have variations based on what types of games you play as well as where you stay.

CET rooms, on average, are cheaper. So they are looser with comp rooms.

I usually play a consistent daily average coin-in, almost 100% slots, and what I've found is the TOTAL value of my offers from MLife and CET are about the same when you add everything up.

If you change the mix of play, you may get a different result. Unless you can get a matched offer upfront, there's only one way to really find out for sure, it does usually require a one-time investment.

You have to either try for a teaser, then stay and play a normal level and see what you get, or else go in for a single day when you're staying somewhere else, play a normal level and see what you get.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.