1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rejected By TSA Precheck registration

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drove 45 miles each way through rain to get to MDOT Maryland in Waldorf for TSA pre-check. I had a 1030 appointment. The woman was not there at her desk when I arrived. I was sent on an odyssey through different stations in the building before being told she was back at her desk.

We got into it right off the bat. She was rude, belligerent and condescending. She would interrupt everything I tried to say. Finally she asked for my ID. I had 4 different kinds. I showed her my birth certificate. She literally threw it back at me and said it was unacceptable, because it was hospital issued and I needed a state issued birth certificate.

I had never heard of this before and tried to explain that I got my true ID with the hospital one. She called me a liar. I’m trying to explain myself but got shouted down every time I opened my mouth.

She said I could get a state one for a $20 fee. I said I need to think. She said people are waiting while I think. Now I went from being merely angry to being bellicose. Every time I tried to say anything I was shouted down.

I stormed out of the door and went home. I am not paying $120 for the right not to stand in line. I’ll die in that line before I give in.

I called her supervisor and reported her of three different kinds of discrimination. He was actually quite reasonable about it and said he would sit her down and talk to her but would not bring discrimination charges because it would just be a he said, she said.

Employees at this DOT location have always been rude and condescending but this really took the cake.

I sincerely hope this woman rots in hell. Or gets terminal syphillis.

I did go on line and downloaded the application for the state birth certificate but can’t complete it because my driver’s license won’t copy.

All of the following can go and fuck themselves with a 4 foot broom handle:

- The Bitch

- TSA

- TSA Precheck

- The terrorists who cause this shit

- The Maryland Department Of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration

- All of the mofo’s who reside in Waldorf, Maryland and the city of Washington, D.C. where they all emigrated from.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Wow! x 9
    • Funny x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great rant! Dealing with difficult people is a pain in the ass! :wink2: I share your frustration.

Feel better now?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I feel better because I didn’t waste $120 on this silly shit.

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you a member of AAA, Breeze....or is there one near you? They offer TSA pre-check appointments.
    We've always found them to be helpful with our insurance and DMV needs.

Here's a link to the mid-atlantic MD, site. I hope it helps a bit. I don't even think you need to be a AAA member. They have mobile RVs that travel from site to site for this purpose and you can check out which dates would be convenient for you to make an appt.

https://midatlantic.aaa.com/public-affairs/press-release/?Id=00aa3c31-cc71-43e5-afbf-20bb5b4fbb2f

• Informative Informative x 5
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looks like a pretty rough day. Sorry about that.

My take on dealing with anyone who can mess up your life is to sit still and answer whatever is asked (no matter how stupid they or the process may be). No idea what you were trying to say that she interrupted. Just trying to envision what sort of conversation could lead the two of you down a path of crap.

You may want to consider doing one of those in airport deals if it comes up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had to go through this. I have always only had my hospital birth certificate. However I lost/misplaced my birth certificate. In a box somewhere. I got a birth certificate on line from Texas with no problems. I just had my drivers license number. I realize different states have different rules etc. I am going to schedule with Identigo -- on the website it does say I do need to have a birth certificate with an official state seal. -- Or you can use a passport.

My suggestion is take some time to calm down. Yes I would be very pissed off myself. Get an official state birth certificate. Don't use one of those sites that says they will expedite in a few days they charge $120. I got two copies for $20 a piece on line. You only need one - but I am the official I've lost my head/brain person. Always need a back up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered contacting your local TV stations that do consumer affairs stuff? They might be interested in something like this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McCarran airport has a TSA office inside near the Gate C departure line. Make an appt while on your next LV trip

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also saw an article recently where the TSA idid a trial run at one airport signing people up at the airport while waiting for their flight. This is in addition to the office. I can’t find the article but I think they were walking around with an I-pad.

I don’t understand why it takes so much bs to get military veterans ID established.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thread title confused me. Were you actually rejected by TSA? Sounds like it was a problem getting pre-check approved through a State department. There are plenty of private companies you can schedule an appointment with to get pre-check approved. Save some aggravation and go that route next time.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say the same thing -- PreCheck reviews are conducted by state agencies, as well as random private contractors. You also might have better luck shelling out the extra $15 or so for Global Entry, which can be more of a pain since there are limited enrollment points (generally only major airports), but they're run by actual DHS and I had zero issues with my enrollment, though it was admittedly about a decade ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vu Tran

Vu Tran Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She did her job and handle it well. I think people that already come in mad and will not accept anything because they think they are right. Well before u came in read what document is acceptable before u act foolish. I work in state dept for passports acceptance. I get all kind of craps from people cause they didnt read what document is acceptable or not. State dept do not accept hospital birth certificate. I hated when people tell me my taxes pay your salary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a private company manned by DOT personnel. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your opinion.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better to be by the TSA at MDOT than at Dullles

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am no longer interested in precheck. It’s not worth $105 or more.

The only time I fly is to Vegas once a year. I’m 70 and probably won’t last 5 years. Not cost effective.

I’ll stand in that line even if it’s 4 hours long. I just wanted to relate what happened. I fully realize VMB is not sub-titled Breeze’s Blog.

I do need the state birth certificate. I see the need and will get it, but sucking up to TSA and giving up $85 is out of the question.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks.

18. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    maybe you'll luck out get it next time you go by random like we did last month....

19. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I appreciate your input. I’m not shelling out one more nickel on going to and from Las Vegas. I have to pinch and save to go once a year. It will only take one more hassle like I have gone through vis a vis LV that I will shelve the entire hobby.

It’s not all that much fun anymore.

It’s becoming golf. A huge expensive hassle just to end up pissed off.

20. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I was wondering, with all this facial recognition stuff starting to take off, will we really need tsa pre in the future? I know that pre does a pre screening but with real I'd and all won't we already be in the system after we fly once in the US?

Just a thought.

The main reason I would get tsa pre is to avoid the long lines with the rest of the people. But I've been noticing that the pre lines are sometimes long too. So what happens in the future when a good percentage of people get the pre?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.