1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo or Aria

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Lisa U, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I do like Secret Pizza for a regular cheese pizza slice, but Five50 has some awesome specialty slices (during Knights home games, they do a really good pulled-pork slice) and fantastic sandwiches/starters. Every restaurant is top-notch; I've now eaten at every place except for Catch, which I keep meaning to do. I also prefer the vibe at Aria to that of Cosmo, and like that it seems much more open, though that's obviously personal preference.

That said, while Aria doesn't have a lot of cheap/quick eats, it's also much better than most Strip restaurants in terms of places that are open during the day. Even during the week, Javier's, Lemongrass, Julian Serrano, Five50, the Pub, and Herringbone all open around 11am-11:30am, not to mention the Cafe, Patisserie, and Buffet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true. Every trip downstairs=at least $20 in 2 random slot machines to pass the time...:(

I tried the email, it bounced back. I double checked spelling & everything is correct, does he still work there?

You guys & gals are awesome. I really appreciate the responses! I think for now (as long as my over-thinking brain doesn't interfere) I'm sticking with Cosmo. So excited!

• Like Like x 2
  3. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I promise you it works...I don't know why it's getting bounced back. Try sending it non-wifi if possible. Sometimes wifi's can have filters or firewalls.

The Celebration of Mimi
  4. dmbrat

dmbrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kevin hooked me up with a comp stay I’ll be taking in October. I’m an Aria regular who is looking to mix it up on my next trip and figured Cosmo was a good choice. I think Aria is hard to beat, so given all the Cosmo love here I’m looking forward to how my trip goes. I have also noticed my Aria offers getting incrementally worse over the last six months or so. OP let us know how your trip goes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. vegas30326

vegas30326 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo because Cosmo.

Not Aria because MGM.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. NotSinatrasHand

NotSinatrasHand Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so one thing I will say about Cosmo's downside is the check-in. It can be crowded, extremely busy, and slow. If you can get into the invited guests, I would try that or check-in late morning/early afternoon to avoid the rush. Just know that a room will not be assigned until after 3:00pm so you can valet check your bags and wander off to enjoy Vegas until they assign you a room... and don't forget to do the $20/$50 sandwich trick to get a complimentary upgrade :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. GabrielBFly

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any luck with Kevin Sweet @Lisa U

The Celebration of Mimi
  8. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just resent the email, it hasn't bounced back yet so maybe it went through. I'll post the response I receive, hopefully if I get one :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  9. GabrielBFly

Trips to Las Vegas:

He is usually pretty quick! Fingers crossed! :ssst:

The Celebration of Mimi
  10. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @GabrielBFly I received a response, he is very prompt! Unfortunately he was unable to match any offers I had from MLife but was very nice about it. I think I'm going to stay there anyway, everyone seems to have mostly good things to say about it. The food choices sound awesome & the location is hard to beat. And the not going downstairs to smoke, worth more than I originally thought, lol.

11. GabrielBFly

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know why they make MLife properties sound like Motel 6's (other than Excalibur) lol I guess I'm not as sophisticated as some others. Enjoy your trip!

The Celebration of Mimi
  12. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @GabrielBFly Lol, thanks! Looking forward to what you have to say about the Stratosphere . I've never been but I know some people who did the free fall ride on the very top. Crazy!

13. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, so I accidentally came across a costcotravel.com offer, $300 for the 2 nights I'm staying plus $75 F&B credit and Invited guest check in! Not sure how long the promo is going on but if anyone here is a Costco member, go hook yo' self up. :woohoo:

14. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when i was there this past spring i found out that Secret wasnt there anymore.

15. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is not true. It’s still there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for providing that info. i thought i had read before traveling that it wasn't so thats what i assumed. good to hear i can pay them a visit next month should i go.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Cosmo last summer in one of their wrap around suites for 4 days. It was one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had in Vegas.

That being said, I’m just soured on the distance you have to travel either by Uber or walking back to the strip when dealing with the Aria. Besides that, it is a great hotel, but it doesn’t stack up to the Cosmopolitan in its totality. Aria is Luxurious and upscale but Cosmopolitan is luxurious and upscale ^2

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.