1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Atomic saloon show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mider999, Sep 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    anyone go see this new show yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about the seating. Looking to go the beginning of November.

3. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really want to see it! No seating tips though but if it’s like Absinthe and Opium, any seat will have a decent view.

4. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Atomic Saloon on Thursday 9/12. Good but not great, not as good as Absinthe or Opium in my opinion . It's a small venue, The seating was unique with a floor and balcony and lots of audience participation. No nudity but a lot of the theme was sexual in nature. I could do it again.

Aw234
    Gary

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going in two weeks.
    Vegas.com is running a pretty good discount special .Looking forward to it.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going on Oct 5th. It will be in my trip report.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanna see both, likely see Absinthe first then Atomic saloon next time

8. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the discount info - just booked Atomic Saloon for our October trip.

9. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there on 9/23 ... I love Absinthe, I disliked Opium .... so curious how this one will end up.

10. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved both Opium and Absinthe equally I think, so I am sure I will enjoy this one too. Went into Opium wanting to hate it for some reason, and couldn't have been more surprised.

For Gary, were the seats in toward the back ok do you think? The seating looks very strange, and hard to tell.

11. Aw234

Aw234 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The stage is about 8' in Dia.with seating around the stage. If your in the back you should still see everything, it's a small venue.The balcony - you sit right on the railing basically looking down on the show.

Aw234
    Gary

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. GabrielBFly

GabrielBFly Vegas Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :eek:

The Celebration of Mimi
  13. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d like to see Absinthe this year then opium and Atomic saloon next year

14. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the show last week and here were my thoughts (trying to keep spoilers out of it) and comparing to Absinthe / Opium.

- Venue: Great vibe, captures the wild west theme well. Small (like Opium / Absinthe), I don't think there are any truly bad seats in the house. I had a table in the back for 4x people, the balcony cut off a little of the high flying action, but only for split seconds. Best seats are the booths around the outside.

- Drinks: What you would expect, some cool weird options, some standard fair, prices were typical Vegas; I think a 24oz beer + old fashioned ran me like $30. That had some cool HUGE pitcher type drink for $250, probably was a better option for a group of 4.

- Comedy (I know this is subject): Not as funny as absinthe, but much better than Opium IMO. Crude, raunchy, and out there, but legitimately funny and doesn't rely on the crude stuff. The "hostess" is great. Audience involvement is all in good fun; they have no problem making fun of people

- Acts: Better than Opium, worse than Absinthe. There was nothing mind blowing, but everyone was skilled in what they did. Acrobatic, music, and some "WTF" type acts all existed. The whole show flowed very well and never felt like it had down points. Lots of almost male nudity and some sacrilegious bits; which I thought were hilarious. If you're a very religious person you might be offended, but also, why the hell are you in Vegas.

Looking at shows in their bubble (Comedy / Variety Acts) for me Absinthe was 10/10, Opium was 5/10 .... I think this show is closer to Absinthe in terms of quality, I would say this is 7.5/10. I would recommend it, and would say it was worth every penny of my $50 ticket.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was gonna write a review but I agree with everything you said.
    I did notice an elderly woman in the front row who appeared offended at the opening song about eating p..sy.
    There were some parents there with college age kids that looked a little uncomfortable also.
    Overall ,fast moving and very funny.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to it this weekend. I have a 4 top in the back also, kind of wish I had booked the balcony now....

18. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never understand why people get offended or take their kids to a show that’s obviously not for kids....these aren’t cirque soliel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sooooooo many people book things and do no research. Flights, entertainment, hotels, etc. If people are polite about leaving a show (at intermission, quietly, etc) that's certainly their prerogative. It happens.

Also, 'college age' not exactly "kids" - I'm sure it was awkward for that specific family because of their own internal relationships and issues, not because they were small children who shouldn't have been at that show. I would have no problem seeing a show like this with my parents, but it would probably be awkward with my in-laws - and that's just how I was raised and what my parents and I talked and joked about growing up, vs my in-laws.....

[NB that Atomic Saloon is designed for 18 & older ages - not sure if they forbid younger or not, but that sort of warning should give you some indication to think about whether or not you want to attend or perhaps read some reviews....But if not, whose fault is it?]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always try reading reviews on any show I wish to see but I know plenty of people who just do stuff without researching it.

my family are kinda the go to church every Sunday, Easter, Christmas, type, I’d be mortified going to an adult show with one of them lol. It’s just a bit annoying because I’ve seen a few shows get bad reviews for being offensive.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.