1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ballys early check in....

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TeddysDad, Sep 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddysDad

TeddysDad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't stayed on the strip in years. Getting into Ballys around 2pm on a Sunday in Oct., we see they have an early check in fee if you check in before 4pm. Any fee for just leaving bags at the bell desk for a while?

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We moved from Cosmo to Bally's on our April trip for a night. We checked in around 10 am; room was ready and they didn't charge an early fee on the comped night. There is no charge to leave your belongings with the Bell Desk other than a gratuity.

3. TxTeach79

TxTeach79 #VLV

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2pm, i would be shocked if you weren't just fine and had a room ready.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually get in well before checkin time and most times get a room right away. If not, they check bags for free - usually tip when picking up. Some tip when dropping off.

FYI - just about every hotel in and out of Vegas has some "official" checkin time. In reality, I have checked into hotel rooms as early as 7am without paying. If the have rooms available, they will USUALLY check you in. No hotel in the world can handle the crush if they made everyone wait until 4pm to rush the desk.

With all that said - some hotels are playing tough and try to collect early check in fees when they can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to check in at 9:00, they wanted $40. Was told anytime after 12:00pm there’s no fee. So that’s what I did. In hindsight, probably should’ve paid the fee, as I lost about $200 playing slots, while my plan was to go relax in the room after a along flight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah noon is the "we'll let you check in early for free if rooms are available" time at most CET properties I believe. I was told noon at the linq as well.

7. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My August stay at Ballys I arrived around 8:30 am on a Tuesday and was told there was no king smoking rooms resort tower available until after housekeeping arrived. I was told it would be $30.00 to check in before 3:00 that is when I whipped out the printed offer I received the prior week. I received an offer to upgrade to a suite for $10 per night or free early check in, in any king/queen smoking room either tower, funny how a room opened up when I showed her the offer. I was nice about it since I got a room, but I did call to speak to a manager, who explained that they were busy that week and smoking rooms were a premium. I then spoke to a housekeeper who said more than half the rooms on floor I was on were empty. It's nothing but a game that I refuse to play.

P

• Like Like x 2
  8. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay at Bally’s pretty frequently. You can always get checked Into a room with no issues by 2pm.

9. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late reply, but got back from a five night stay at Ballys. Checked in just after 1:00 and the clerk said he had to charge us an early check-in fee($35 I believe). I just shrugged cuz we just wanted to get to the room. On check-out I noticed it wasn't there after all. They've had this policy for years and I've only been actually charged once. At that time it was $10.

10. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET also has different rules for platinum, diamond, 7 star, and everyone else in terms of early checkin, late checkout, and whether or not they charge you, and when. If you have no status, it's more difficult to get around the fee. At diamond I've not been charged or had any fees mentioned and checked in early and out late every time. When I was gold level, I got charged one $30 fee at Caesar's Palace to stay in the same room without checking out on back to back reservations (decided to stay longer on the night before we were supposed to check out and they added a new reservation with an early checkin fee for us to stay in the same room which had been upgraded free at checkin).

11. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there in August. No early charge for me. Arrived about 1 pm.

12. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In May, I arrived about 10:30 am on a Wednesday. Room was ready. No fee. However I think it helped that I’m a diamond member. The guy before me was not and was told nothing was available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The general rule, for low rollers at CET, is check-in after noon is not charged an early check-in fee.

14. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Posting here just to add to the topic of early check in fees. I have stayed at Park MGM and NYNY and checked in early many times without a fee. In Park MGM I use the kiosk and usually it spits out my keys with room assignment. I have been in a room as early as noon.

I checked in at Paris yesterday around 2:30 via the kiosk. This is my first time here. The kiosk "said" if you check in before 4 pm there will be a $15 fee. What??? On principle I declined and joined the check in line to see what a real live person would do. Yes, she told me it would cost $15 to check in now if I got the keys, but no fee if I waited until 4 pm for the keys. I waited.

15. SunshineSlayer

SunshineSlayer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird. I've never been charged for early check-in and I feel like I do that on every trip. I don't believe I've been charged while I'm diamond or platinum. I can't say for certain at gold level, but at least I don't recall ever being charged.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in yesterday at noon however I have access for the platinum line. I did notice however that there was a special line for “early checkin” and under said “fee may apply”

17. Kinshasa18

Kinshasa18 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just a peon no special status. In fact my Total Rewards card was probably issued ten years ago and I had to get a new Caesar's Rewards card.

18. 442jay

442jay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last March at the Linq, I was shocked they wouldn't check me in unless I paid the fee and it was after 12 noon. I said either the room is ready or not but in the end had to wait to avoid the fee. Low/no TR status at the time

19. Eric1285

Eric1285 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually get in around that time and they've had a room ready almost every time. It just depends on availability.

The one time we had to wait it only took about 30 minutes. The lady at the desk actually called housekeeping to get the room finished up for us, which was great.

20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Paris I was told that if the room is comped, no early check-in fee. If the room is paid, then it is charged. (I was Platinum at that time - maybe Diamond). No idea if that still holds true.

I ran into the issue because I extended a stay by one day due to a round of food poisoning (or some non-contagious ailment). I changed my flight & asked at Flamingo if I could extend my stay (already used 5 free nights). I was quoted a rate that was super high (I think they were filled with families from a kids basket ball tourney if I'm remembering the right trip). He checked and Paris could take me for around $50 less (We were both pretty amazed Paris itself was cheaper). He called Paris to make sure there were rooms ready since I was not in good shape. He had bell services help me with my luggage and I headed to Paris. Check in clerk was determined she was going to charge an early fee. I was told since I was paying a room fee they couldn't waive it. I explained the host at Flamingo had even called to make sure there was a room I could get into. She was adamant about charging. I asked her to please speak to a supervisor (which she did) and they then waived the early check-in fee. I went upstairs and curled up in a ball and passed out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.