1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Nugget getting a Chick-fil-A

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ken D, Sep 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm more interested in an In n Out opening up downtown. Now that would be someplace I would visit regularly. But I may try Chick Fil A just once. I'm still waiting for the Chick Fil A to open up in Honolulu. I keep seeing commercials on it but so far no restaurant...yet.

I still think an In n Out would make a killing downtown. Hey maybe DTG could bring one in, at least they would get more action from the people going to the restaurant.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love chick fil a and if I didn't have it where I live it would be a good place to check out. They are the friendliest fast food chain you will ever walk into.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. smooth899

smooth899 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone have any idea where the Chic-fil-A will be located GN? I was thinking it would maybe replace Red Sushi? GN already has another Asian outlet, and Red Sushi never seems that busy (or good) to me.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It says Carson tower my guess is it would replace Lillie’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone remember that brewery, IIRC located North strip? I liked it.

6. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many of us bemoan the chain restaurants, yet White Castle, and now Chic Fillet, have made a move downtown. And some day, allegedly, there should be a Taco Hell to join the Mickey D's on Fremont. Chain coffee shops and a Denny's are part of that FSE mix. Despite the fact some of us turn our noses down at those who would dare to go for simple and familiar on their vacation (or in the case of the Castle, try something they can't get back home), there's a proven value to having something well known in the mix. Given In/Out finally set up shop to cater to tourists, one would think that they'd eye the crowds that find their way to Fremont Street every night of the year.

Downtown Grand could use the foot traffic, and plenty of people would make the short walk to get it. Circa's not going to need help driving traffic, but it wouldn't shock to see it in their mix. The brothers Stevens know the value of a fast food chain on their footprint.

7. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even though I never eat there, I posted this as there are those of us that are not all into fine dining and include places like Earl Of Sandwich for meals as well. I figured many fans of the chain and downtown here would like the info. I like unique places in Vegas that I can't get at home, but chains do provide a reasonable priced alternative for some meals in Vegas, even local chains like Nacho Daddy. My last trip I used my diamond celebration dinner at Mesa Grill, and was severely disappointed. I would have been happier taking what i gave as tip, and eating at Nacho Daddy.

Personally, I'm waiting for the opening of Wahoo's Fish Tacos next to the Palms, a Southern California chain that I would take over any burger or chicken sandwich chain. This will likely even get me off the strip, and over to Palms and Gold Coast to play (to justify the Uber ride). I'm sure GN is thinking this Chick-fil-A will bring in business from people that otherwise may not have gone there as well (and it probably will).

8. Texas Steph

Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes!!! I still have a matchbook from that place amongst my Vegas memorabilia :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. vegasvp

vegasvp VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.