1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown during Life is Beautiful

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by CtheWorld, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone been to Fremont Street during Life is Beautiful during recent years?
    Is it a packed madhouse?
    When staying on the strip I will usually will head downtown a couple nights, playing at ElCortez and elsewhere and walking down Fremont St. I’m wondering if I should avoid that during the festival.

2. Elizakess

Elizakess Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been down there during that time. When the El Cortez was in the footprint of the festival the first year was crazy and they requested out of it after that. As long as you don’t drive down and intend to park you’ll be fine. Lots of cool costumes and bathroom traffic woman’s side only were only thing I noticed. Rooms were very scarce or expensive to book as well. There are road closures but almost all are behind El Cortez or past Fremont on side of lv blvd Cortez is on. You have a clear shot to the El Cortez via Ogden and back but usually East Fremont is closed. I did not partake but was told lyft goes to surge pricing during the festival. You can take express bus and get off downtown if it bothers you. The festival goes late enough they are all there not on the Experience. They sleep in the morning.

3. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at The D year before last during this festival and I didn't think it made a huge difference. I hate crowds and this one definitely wasn't mine, but I wasn't too bothered.

4. D in the D

D in the D Oldest ride, Longest Line

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am arriving this weekend. I looked up the website but couldn't determine where the various stages are. They cant be the ones along Fremont, can they (between the D and Four Queens and a couple blocks down)??

5. Clay

Clay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming in Sunday as well. I don't see a way to privet message you.

6. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You start a conversation with him. It’s easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.