1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here I Go Again.... Friday the 13th - Sat mornin!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by luck.ofthe.draw, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well friends, I have a problem. I have 2 tickets to see Iron Maiden tomorrow night and no one to go with! :headbang::wink2: (Satan will join me. Obviously)

I’m trying to sell 2 tickets for tomorrow (I pick em up at will call), or I’ll be going to the show alone. PM me if interested pleaseeee
    ——-

I also had an anxiety attack last night over this trip. I have no idea why. I love Vegas, I’ve done solo trips here, and one of my favorite bands is on the bill!! NO WORRIES.
    65A1630A-A9E3-4A0E-A0A0-954FB5F84B0D.jpeg
    My cat had a major surgery a few weeks ago and I think that’s partially why I didn’t want to go.
    Plus I have a longer trip next week with my boyfriend and his family that I’m stoked about too! But I’m feeling a little better today, and I’m waiting at the airport. It’s happening.

STAY
    My first night at Luxor is a comp, so that’s where I’ll be tonight.

Tomorrow night I’ll be at Rio because.... saving money and no resort fees with my Diamond card. It basically came down to save $200 at Luxor by cancelling my Fri night, and either spend $50 to fly home early Fri night, or spend $30 more to stay at Rio. I’ll just take it out of my budget for next week’s Vegas trip and still save money (don’t ask how my brain works).
    9433AB52-FD3F-4196-B2BA-8BD43D3723B5.jpeg

NOMS:
    I’m doing my Diamond dinner at Ramsay’s fine steakhouse tomorrow night, that’s been on my fucking list!

Depending on how I feel, might cruise to Jaleo for their lunch special, but the Cosmo is so damn tempting I might eat lunch elsewhere on principal (chili doggies at Cromwell, is that you?).

Bouchon for breakfast, orrrr???

PLAY:
    I have a whopping $10 FP at Luxor - woo hoo. Might low roll there to calm my nerves and just enjoy the atmosphere.

Other than that, I budgeted $80 for tomorrow but the real gambling is next week so we’ll see. Maybe I’ll be surprised with some bonuses on new slots, ya never know. Next week is the real winning though. :cool:

Honestly though, I wasn’t even going to write up a TR because I was in such a funk. This might be different from my normal spunky ones, but we’ll see.

Here we go!

A525C693-1665-4733-AF85-23DDEC18EB69.jpeg

702E89A8-CAFA-4CB6-91DC-BFA6C9CDA9D9.jpeg

DB5E71E6-0E5C-40EF-9540-11A3B6264A23.jpeg
    My boy

• Love Love x 14
    • Like Like x 10
  2. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got this! Man I would totally go to iron maiden, that would rock! Of course I need another vegas trip right now like another hole in my head (and I've got an actual hole in my head from surgery!) and way too late for me to make it, plus stupid work, always getting in the way of my degeneracy, but also funding it, like some sort of toxic relationship.

I got good news from my surgeon yesterday and looking probably good for thanksgiving. I'm going to Harrahs not-Vegas in less than a week and may lowball (or just win) to make November easier. I budgeted $1000 for one day next week. Maybe that's excessive.

Just enjoy yourself and take care of yourself. Be thankful you arent at work. And go see that show! Hope you feel better. We all love you, and I wish you the many-est Kevins!

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time, @luck.ofthe.draw! :D

Obviously your TR will be brought to us by the number 13 and the letter... :hmmm:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck, :peace: :feedme: :headbang:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if anyone has ever started a thread on anxiety attacks before their Vegas trips, I’m wonderiing because I had a pretty good one a few years ago and didn’t make it to Vegas. Glad you’re at the airport going and Iron Maiden will kick ass!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aww @MCann that made my night! Thanks for being sweet. You’re right, I will enjoy not being a work tomorrow! It was a busy fuckin’ week, I deserve a goddamn break! Yeah!
    Seriously though, thanks :) I might be there for Thanksgiving so maybe our paths will cross! I will definitely let you know how Kevin is doing. I’ll tell ‘m you say hello. ;)

And @Richard Alpert - fuck yeah!

Thank you @rooster42000 and @marcianofan ! It’s weird, I never get anxiety with travel but I just could not shake it. It bled into my work day and was not pleasant. I feel a little better now that I’m here!

I’m on the tram to terminal 1 right now and have no idea if that’s the right wayyyy!

I don't know why people bitch about "cheap" airlines like Spirit and Frontier. Especially for shorter flights.

This was my first time flying Frontier and it was great!! The captain was nice and funny, he had good positive communication with his crew, the flight was smooth and no problems, and I have plenty of leg room.
    The seat isn't plush, but it did the job. it's also not first class so I don't care. Plus, I flew with this guy:
    54CDE34C-F599-4574-911F-C03C3E42DDE9.jpeg

He’s so fuckin cute. Someone else got a super cute chinchilla on their flight though. Wonder what the chinchilla’s name was.... hm.
    B4516B08-1C69-42E9-BA3E-6FB3179F0E02.jpeg

Also obligatory chocolate stop and sign photo
    BA8E8783-0316-42B0-82E4-7F330F969231.jpeg

338A5AF7-5281-4F1B-BB23-191DB3C2724B.jpeg

Also this is Charles. 4FEE26E8-6FB4-4AB9-8244-02E2D1C2AA3C.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Youre welcome! All sincere. Well, I had a 5 night comp at caesars for November...yada yadda yadda now that's cancelled and I have a terrace studio fountain view comped the first couple nights, and just finished booking Presidential Suite at Ballys for the other 3 so I have room to party! It wasn't comp but not expensive either, cheaper than Luxor apparently, and It's a big fucking room as you might say lol. Hopefully you guys will make it. Just waiting for final OK from my doctor after they put more holes in my head in early October, but she was confident it will be ok. And I'm looking forward to being drunk and eating with more VMB'rs, god willing, if I make it.

And on another note, I wouldn't complain much about the cheap airlines and economy services or lack thereof if I could take short flights to Vegas, but alas, it is many hours from Florida. Big difference having an uncomfortable seat and shitty service for 5.5-7 hours. I'm flying econocrap to the Bahamas though, no problem! Im glad you had a good experience though. And dont tell anyone, but assuming I make it for Thanksgiving, I will probably fly *gulp* 2 economy seats instead of 1 first class if my maybe-date can make it too :D The tradeoff is I spent a little of the difference on the suite, and the rest of the difference will be eaten at Cosmo restaurants I'm hoping :beer:

Glad you made it; now enjoy it!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  8. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a fantastic Lyft driver, she also works part time in tech! We had some good conversations. She’s looking to buy a house out here. :) I wish her good luck!

Now I’m at the long check in line at Luxor but it feels good to be here.

Why is there so many people on a Thursday night?!!?

Can’t wait to drop my stuff and head to Ri Rah for dinner!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  9. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also @MCann - that head injury blows. Feel better soon!! Vegas needs ya ;)

EC4D47CD-BAAA-4B1A-851B-09E0C2177DE7.jpeg
    Duuuuude you guys! I’m regretting only staying here for one night wtffff I think I got a free upgrade. I was supposed to be in a pyramid tower blah blah blah, but they put me in *drumroll*

a renovated room!

Away from fuckin people! And they honored my “close to the elevator” request and put me, no shit, right by the goddamn elevator.
    C2AD0DF6-5795-4BE8-9577-B13FE1BC7EF8.jpeg

Luxor you are getting back in my good graces and I just may have to stay with you again real fucking soon (there’s that darn letter again).

B33EE2A7-D495-47EA-A13A-4FD77E700E62.jpeg

5A84E290-0502-4E9B-9BB0-4486639231B8.jpeg

9EE428ED-95AB-4779-8848-FD8E859FAB2B.jpeg
    LOOK at this tub! I have a tub all to myself!!!

And I can jump on one bed and sleep on the other! Dude!
    F47831AB-1FAC-4AAF-97D3-7BBACA7C2ABE.jpeg

And these green chairs!!
    1A86AF54-7824-4191-9A1B-E6D70BE88C1F.jpeg
    You can’t see it but I really like this color for a reading chair (& I forgot my Ray Bradbury book, darn!)!

Ok enough, I need to get some grub. How far is Ri Rah?!?

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 4
  10. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude. Amazing.
    9D1CA176-C117-4A44-989C-AF6FED4B861B.jpeg

Ri Ra is so close if I had roller blades it’d be even closer! But seriously I could totally jam staying at Luxor in this tower and walking to Ri Ra for dinner every day. So fucking good.

“Lemme just stroll to the pub, brb.”
    C76BC0A2-FC95-41D7-B95A-6274CA728A2C.jpeg

Just spent $35 on grub - for 1 person - but $9 went to the Guinness Foundation for Proper Hydration.

Up next we have delectable house made soda bread that I can never recreate at home:
    BE5FA907-685F-404A-8226-4926BB721072.jpeg

Followed by the beef stew I’d been dreaming of since I first tried it in May of this year:
    F9D02782-1FE6-4B76-AAA6-EC087AA7ECD9.jpeg

Followed by the oldie but goodie - potato leek soup like you’ve never had before, accented with fried onions (look at em!), Irish cheddar yumminess and the ever-popular bacon!!!!! Seriously though if I had to choose, I can’t pick just one because both are top fucking notch.
    64A8944D-346E-476E-9417-2C15232B7D06.jpeg

Some dude tried to “talk” to me at the bar on the way out - gotta go eat man, bye!

B2ECDB04-6BC8-40F6-A3FC-F5DFC86F1A51.png

Now running a bath and have our local jazz station on. Who needs wine when you have Guinness?!?
    0E82E428-0E7F-4C36-B1C6-83BCFC387F2F.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 6
  11. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And we’re wrapping this night up with an Alka Seltzer because I’m sure my nose will be wacky tomorrow.
    6AFA85D0-39C6-41BC-8F5E-574403B3AB60.jpeg

Yaaay Friday the 13th!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. HornHighCraps

HornHighCraps Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great trip @luck.ofthe.draw

I’m following along! I have a solo trip coming up and I actually prefer them because I can just do what I want without consulting anybody else. Hope you have some good slot hits today even though the real gambling will be next week.

Enjoy Iron Maiden too! :headbang:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  13. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy the show and looks like you settled in with no problem. Good Luck today win big and bank it for your next trip

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to have so much fun!! Hopefully you are feeling better and that you are enjoying being there solo..I hope you go enjoy the show too! :)

• Love Love x 2
  15. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Iron Maiden and Alka Seltzer... that is a combo I never thought I would see in one report

Good luck and rock on!

Annual me and Pete
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun trip! Following along!

• Like Like x 1
  17. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thread needs music. Rock on tonight!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad you made it and things are going smoothly. I agree with you about Frontier Airlines.... I have never had a problem and I know what I am getting with a discount airline.

I am 6'4" and while there is not a ton of leg room, it is not worse than other airlines. The seats are not padded but its not a big deal. I have a little padding of my own.

• Like Like x 1
  19. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Bruce Dickinson still flying his bandmates & the crew around in their custom airplane?

I highly recommend 'Flight 666' for two hours of entertainment.

If you're not a fan before you view it, you will be afterwards.

I haven't seen the fellas live since the God damn 'Piece of Mind' Tour in the mid 1980's, so have a blast, @luck.ofthe.draw.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. luck.ofthe.draw

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @FormallyTD - welcome to the party fool! Happy to have ya! When I saw the guys at Mandalay Bay 3 years ago, I followed the plane leading up to the date. Bruce flew it in and it was fucking AWESOME! The man is amazing.

I’m stoked for tonight. :D Can’t wait to sing and dance in my seat and wave at Eddie from far away..... I’ve heard nothing but good things about all these shows this tour, and I am so excited! It is going to be epic, I know.

I am awake! Gotta get up, find some coffee, maybe shower to look presentable, and then figure out when I can pick up my tickets!

Happy Friday the 13th motherfuckerssss! :wink2:

• Love Love x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.