1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gold & Silver Pawn Shop (i.e. PAWN STARS shop) - visiting in years 2019/2020

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by raisingoo, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingoo

raisingoo Medium-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been watching old episodes of PAWN STARS, and I think I want to finally visit the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop on Las Vegas Blvd., which the show is based on. Has anyone visited the store lately, and has current advice?

I remember this being a huge attraction years ago. Have crowds died down since? In other words, what sort of lines and waits should I expect?

Is it still open 24/7? Are there better/worse times to visit the store?

What, if any, would be the chances of seeing a star from the show? (Yes, I know The Old Man passed away.)

Getting there-- it looks like a quick Uber or Lyft ride from downtown, right?

Any other pointers, or things to consider?

Thanks for any replies!

2. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went 4 or 5 years ago....curiosity.

Nothing much to see....a few pieces. That’s after a taping. Didn’t see anyone from the show inside the store.

I would not do it again!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there twice - most likely you won't see any of the "stars" at the shop but there is a mini-mall type place called Pawn Plaza next door and sometimes Rick and Chumlee are at their respective stores.... if you're a fan it's a must see because that's what fans do! Plus it's close to Fremont so you can just add it to a downtown trip.

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
  4. Hardwaze

Hardwaze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went the earlier this year. Visitor traffic was brisk; but no wait line. Was surprised how small the place is....but as a fan...it was worth going to once.

5. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I visited 12 months ago.

Unless they are filming its pretty quiet, just like a normal shop.

Lots of interesting things ofcourse but its much smaller than it appears on the show.

Across the car park theres a BBQ place, Rick owns this and is frequently seen.

6. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't chum own a shop in the container park?

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe its a candy shop

I Need Spa
  8. BillDonovan

BillDonovan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been a few times this year. Have never seen the TV stars there, but there is always interesting stuff inside. Do recommend going, it is fun.
    Sometimes the line is long to get in, so suggest that you do a drive by and look first before parking.

9. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried about five years ago. Driving by about 8:30 am, saw only a few in line.I parked and walked up only to find out they open at 9:00 am. The drive through is open 24 hours. Probably all you'll see are items, maybe some from the show. I'm sure the principals spend little time in the shop routinely.

Good Luck!
    Ric at Joes

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanted to go for years but still havent, i know you have to get off the bus at the Bonneville transit centre stop but after that i never knew which way to walk lol

11. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been there twice, I actually walked there from Fremont Street.
    I would say it is worth it at least one time, just to say you were there. I didn't buy anything.
    it was not really crowded, but kind of interesting to see people getting dropped off from a cab or Uber.
    only in Vegas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s worth a visit. I’ve heard that all the filming now isn’t in the store but in a studio. I’ve been there twice, never saw the stars there. The first visit we were told they were at a antiques convention at Mandalay Bay. So we went there, and was told there is no such convention. Not sure why they made that up. If you watch Counting Cars that’s a great place to visit. I didn’t see anyone from the show, but I’ve heard they actually work there, and sometimes pose for pictures.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on my May trip. Walked from Fremont street. It was ... not that interesting. Crowded, so it's hard to really see stuff. I didn't see any of the TV show people, but then again, I haven' really watched that show for quite a few years, so I may not have recognized them. If you're in the area already and are a fan of the show, go for it. Otherwise, it's a skip.

14. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is a waste of time as the whole show is staged.

15. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You’re correct, but I don’t think it’s always been staged. I’ve heard that most filming is actually in a studio made to look like the store. Most reality shows are staged.

16. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and my son did a mini reality tour when we there in July. It was his first time in Vegas, we were stopping Downtown so went to see Toy Shack and Sports Memorabilia shop. Got Lyft to Count's Kustoms which is the main place he wanted to go. Got Lyft from there to Pawn Shop to say he's been there, I have been before and there's a few things to see but at the end of the day it's a Pawn shop. We went across to Pawn Plaza and looked in Candy Shop and had a couple of beers at Rics BBQ. Didn't see any stars of the show, we went in the afternoon and there was no queue for the shop.

17. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are opening a jewelry store in the Venetian shops. There was a sign announcing this in front of a store that was undergoing construction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.