1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Members that were married in Las Vegas. When? Where?

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by Vegas Todd, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes she was surprised by our friends also.

• Love Love x 1
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I welcomed a conference to Las Vegas several years ago and included some fun facts on the area in my remarks. I don’t recall the number I used then, but updated it’s approximately 300 ceremonies per day! That just blows me away!
    Congratulations to all!!!

My other favorite one is the 60,000 lbs of shrimp consumed daily in Las Vegas.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No word on how many cubic feet of Pepto bismol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. vic568

vic568 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September 7. 2001 at the Flamingo with 60 family and friends. (my husbands family is huge) All of our siblings and their families came. From ages Nephew of 5 months to my Grandmother of 85! My husband and I had never been to Vegas before. (we now have 40+ trips) Once a year we walk through the gardens of the Flamingo to reminisce. Family still talks about the great time they had.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vegasmiragegirl

Vegasmiragegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Graceland wedding chapel for us too, with the same Elvis! He was great and his voice was incredible. We were there to renew vows for our 20th, that was 5 years ago.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  6. Mitzie46

Mitzie46 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2004- A Special Memory Wedding Chapel

• Like Like x 3
  7. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Us too! And same year. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Below are our engagement photos I took at RedRock Park 5 minutes after sunset. (Remote and strobe)

EMV_4612_ret.jpg EMV_4618_ret.jpg EMV_4649.jpg EMV_4631_ret.jpg

We are getting married October 19th at Chapel of the Flowers. Staying at Bally's Oct 16 - 22 look for us!

• Like Like x 8
  9. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 year Anniversary Vow renewal at Canterbury Chapel Excalibur in 2010 (where I wanted to get married in the 1st place!)

• Like Like x 2
  10. GlobalRoamer333

GlobalRoamer333 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got married in the summer of 2,000 at 'a Special Memory' chapel downtown. We had planned it in advance and flown in from overseas to do so. We stayed at the Holiday Inn before marrying, and then at the Luxor in a suite after marrying. The Luxor was a much newer property back then. We got married in the morning at 11am with our best man and bridesmaid there, and then had a nice wedding late lunch at the Stratosphere revolving type restaurant up top. The limo picked us up and drove us there and then on to the restaurant afterwards. The celebrant also did Elvis weddings so he had a kind of Elvis vibe/look about him, even though our's wasn't an Elvis wedding. I think (from memory) that he had some Elvis Weddings to do later that day after ours. We were really happy with the whole service, price and experience. Video, photos/negatives, flowers, champagne all included. It allowed us to save so much money that could be used for other things. Later that evening, we were gambling on the strip in our suit and dress. Oh it was hot weather, I remember that part.

So the Vegas trip became part of our honeymoon as well. We also visited the Grand Canyon and California etc. We did a larger post-wedding reception back in Japan where we were living at the time, a month later after our return, which we had also planned in advance. We also did that in a way that didn't cause us to have to go into debt or blow huge amounts of money. Better to save it for the house deposit we figured. Best decision we ever made. Well, most importantly, I am thankful to say that we are still happily married 19 years later. We intend to renew our vows over there again at the same chapel, once our old much loved pet dog (now aged 15), who requires one of us to always be home to care for her, has passed. Luckily our occupations allow us to work from home so this is doable. Congratulations to any others who also got married in Vegas! I am so glad that we did it that way.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Bunty

Bunty Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May 2016 we got married on a Maverick helicopter over the strip at sundown.

• Like Like x 2
  12. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    August 12, 2000 we got married at Paris with about 75 of our closest friends/family. Our reception was supposed to be at Paris. I happened to find out that Evander Holyfield was fighting there that night, called my contact there, they moved our reception to the top of Bally's. We had to walk through tons of people from after the fight to get over there. We also got a comped dinner at the Steakhouse at Bally's for the trouble. A little inconvenient, but our reception had a way better view!!

2010, renewed our vows with Elvis at Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. 35 friends/family. We had a retro party; dress from your favorite era and we voted best dressed. Nephew dressed as Jimi Hendrix and put the $50 prize in his 'fro!! lol We were supposed to stay at a Mirage 2 br suite, have the party in our room. Made arrangements for food, beverage. Get to hotel, they tell us the suites are being renovated, so they would need to move us to another hotel. Offered a couple properties, then mentioned Bellagio. I jumped on that!! Asked if there was anything else they could do. "Can we get a fountain view"? "Yes we can do that". So we had a high floor, fountain view room for our party. The fountains were definitely a highlight for most. Before the ceremony, a limo was supposed to pick us up. They didn't show. We call and they tell us the limo driver called in. So they send someone, we get there late. Our crowd was waiting for us. We had Elvis glass and boas for everyone to wear. It was a great time!!

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MzB85

MzB85 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    August of 2015 at the Bellagio Fountains!! Wedding dinner at Camelot Steakhouse.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TODAY!!!!

Chapel Of Flowers!

1571562836239-7eb2b865-d12d-4178-a3ac-ecf36ecc7e61_.jpg

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Love Love x 1
  16. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cupids Wedding Chapel, 1999. We had an Elvis theme wedding, totally awesome and spent our honeymoon at the Lady Luck. Yes, we are still married.

• Love Love x 2
  17. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chapel of the Flowers - May 24, 1997.

#3 for me and #2 for her. As I always say...it took me a while to find the right one!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Emerson

Emerson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Better pics attached.
    [1227043]-1075.jpg [1227043]-1118.jpg [1227043]-1107.jpg [1227043]-1113.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  19. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Emerson Your pics are awesome! Congrats!!!

• Love Love x 1
  20. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought that I recognized your picture from your post. Thanks for posting it on my thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.