1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Okay, Let's Vote On Legalized Prostitution

Discussion in 'Vegas After Dark' started by Breeze147, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Should Clark County Legalize Prostitution (Under Strict Controls)

1. Yes, it would take the criminal element out of it.

77 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Yes, for the tax revenue.

17 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Yes, it would end "trick rolling"

11 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. No

16 vote(s)
    13.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, for starters, money. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for legalization. But if a legitimate interaction costs $1000, and an "illegitimate" interaction is $400, then the black market will continue, even if reduced. Same with legalized marijuana - higher prices at legit dispensaries leave the door open for the black market to remain open for business. Sure, a lot of people are willing to pay for the assurances of a legit business, but some percentage of the customer base will opt for the riskier but less expensive option.

2. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's always gonna be a black market for anything. As per the marijuana example, I would venture a guess that the majority of vegas visitors probably don't have a "guy" in vegas and go the legal route. And a huge percentage of those would not have even tried if it weren't legal in the first place and are paying a premium at the dispensaries. MJ sales (black market and legal combined) probably increased with legalization. Same would probably be true with prostitution. The fear of getting in trouble is what keeps a lot of people from doing the deed. With legalization, you can report to BBB if you get scammed lol. But as you said, there's still gonna be holdouts - but you're never going to get rid of those anyway.

3. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prostitution is legal and well regulated in Australia with all sex workers registered. You do still get a problem with girls being shipped over from Asia to work in brothels and not necessarily willingly but it’s nowhere near as much of a problem as Eastern Europeans in London for example.

On balance it’s probably a good thing to be legal, it’s gonna happen so making it safer is only going to be a good thing and it makes it massively more viable for women to be independent and get the majority of their earnings. Plus healthcare can acknowledge it officially, heck props and outfits are tax deductible.

4. Mider999

Mider999 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that the ladies should keep a bigger cut....50 percent seems very high.

That would be a good thing to add to any law.

I'm guessing the taxes the brothels pay are crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.