1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$50 in Matchplays @ The D if you fly Southwest

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasSchemer, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldbrewzer

oldbrewzer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As consumers, there are times we all can get a little peeved at businesses we feel are not taking care of our needs and desires. So by chance that management at The "D" or SWA read this blog, a special thanks and recognition for this match play promotion. Both my wife and I participated in it this last trip and we are hoping to again in the future. Good P/R for your companies. Besides, we want another chance at the gamble since we lost 3 out of 4 bets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. boxsocial

boxsocial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    confirmed SWA $50 free play comp at The D is still good into Sept, went to the rewards desk today with my boarding pass and no issues at all. also redeemed comps at El Cortez with no problem, 2-for-1 drink coupon prints as a free well drink/domestic beer/house wine voucher.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

I can confirm the above also. Flew in Monday, did both of these Tuesday.

Note EC will not let you do MRB FSP coupon on the same day as this promotion.

4. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a table games player and have no interest in becoming one. I also have not read through all five pages of this thread but I have a question that someone hopefully can answer for me. If I get these promo chips is it possible to pass them along to someone else who is playing (discreetly of course) in the interest of good karma?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does El give MP for showing southwest boarding pass too? if so, I didn't do it last trip :(

6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elco does not give Matchplay when you show a WN boarding pass, instead you get $10 slot play (or theoretically more), plus a free well drink voucher. Prints out at a kiosk after it is coded into your account by the boothling. You then pick a card on the kiosk which almost always means you're entitled to the lowest slot play amount of $10.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

El Cortez is free slot play.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Homeschool

Homeschool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can openly give them to whoever you'd like. Wife always gives me hers right at the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rocks4Xmas

Rocks4Xmas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if $50 free play @ the D works with Spirit as well? I saw in @ffejry Trip report from August 2018 he was able to.

10. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The players desk asked if I had a boarding pass for southwest or spirit last month. Assume it’s still working for spirit!

11. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did this today. Said I heard about a $50 matchplay if flying in from Southwest, and had my phone set out with a screenshot of my itinerary.

They didn't even look at it, just recorded my player number on their clip board, and gave me the two $25 matchplay chips.

I said I was returning next month and if I could do it again, and they said sure.

--max

• Like Like x 1
  12. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s great news! Did you happen to do the kiosk for the digital postcard? Wondering if they allow that more than once too.

13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally got around to using some of my $25 MPs from the D.
    I used 4 of them on Wednesday. I bought in with $300 at BJ and I let the dealer know that I wouldn't be staying long.
    I was the only one at the table.
    I lost on 3 out of 4. I stayed long enough to get back to $300 and colored up. win some lose some I guess.
    I still have 3 or 4 in my Vegas bag of goodies. hopefully, I will be back in October and then no more until March.

14. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know, thanks!

15. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, why did you tell the dealer you would not be staying long, and why buy in for $300? Wouldn't you have just needed a maximum of four $25 chips to use your four $25 match plays? Not trying to be a smartass here. I never used MPS and would like to give it a shot, so need to know if I might be missing something here. Thanks.

16. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no real reason or strategy there. $300 because I don't always stick to my own plan.
    if I was down to the felt and ran into a split / double down situation, then I would have to dig into my pocket again and I really hate that feeling.
    for example; if you bought in for only $100 and lost the first 3 MPs, you would be down to $25. if you get a split or double down situation on the next hand, you would have to dig into your pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TKO

TKO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That makes sense. Thanks

18. jack v

jack v MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Vegas and did the deal, it was quick and no problem. I won both match plays, but i warn they only pay even money on them, on 1 I got a BJ but the dealer only paid 3/2 on my money, not the match play.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's informative. I once used a $25 matchplay plus a regular $25 chip on a BJ game and when I hit to 22, I was allowed to use the D's "push on 22" card (using LVA coupon) to save both chips.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  20. weas

weas Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Vegas Deals

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just use the D matchplays on Monday. Won both. Went to Elcortez, even though I had Southwest boarding pass the free play said Allegiant free play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.