1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heads up for Ontario (Canada) flyers ... SWOOP sale for the fall.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Nevyn, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have since come to believe that they needed our seats for crew to get home; two friends who are FA’s both said they thought that was probably the case.

I had already booked another Swoop flight to Halifax before the Vegas fiasco. The departure out of Hamilton left on time; no issues. The return flight was 4 hours late with no notification. Two days later Swoop cancelled dozens of flights and left people stranded for over a week so we were lucky that time. As much as I love flying out of Hamilton; I’ll suffer through Pearson before I ever give Swoop a dime. The reviews speak for themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that post @breanna61. At the time I also strongly suspected something else was at play. As much as I want to give Swoop a try to help save a few bucks I won't be doing it on any of our vacation trips. I will give them a try for business as usually if I am delayed or caught away it won't really cause me too much trouble. At least my company could pickup the tab. I've been delayed and even canceled a number of times with Westjet and each and every time they made it right and then some. While I fully get that these ultra low cost carriers do come with some risk; Swoop appears to be dropping the ball all over the place.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @breanna61. I read about the Vegas flight...said let’s try it anyways. Didn’t know about Halifax...beginning to think we were lucky...

It’s too late now.... I will let the thread know in September....when I come back...Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeanf

jeanf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flights through caesars rewards to Atlantic City from Toronto aren't on swoop airlines, they're on swift airlines. We did our first one end of March, was fantastic, again in June, and are going again Aug 24-27. Includes the flight there and back, drink and snack on the plane, 3 nights in either Harrah's or Caesar's, plus the bus from AC airport to hotel, and back. You dont even take your luggage from airport to the bus, they deliver it right to your room within a couple hours. Great flight, only about an hour and a half, and Atlantic City boardwalk is beautiful, with Tangier shopping outlet a block up from boardwalk. Also if you play myvegas, they have rewards for Borgota, which is in the marina area right by Harrah's. Free Caesars shuttle goes to Bally's, Caesars, and Harrah's, only need to show your players card to board. They sell out fast once the offers come out, but get on the wait list and you will probably get a spot, we did twice being on the wait list. It's a great deal, considering there are no Canadian airlines that fly to Atlantic City.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for clarifying this... I just checked (YYZ > ACY flight code is WQ 6803, which corresponds to Swift) and indeed you are correct. Evidently my brain just saw "Sw___" and made that assumption. Will correct my original post to prevent any future readers of this thread from being misinformed.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.....never trust an airline that puts safety first!!!!

Brilliant.....

9. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They all jumped the gun on this flight anyways. They didn't want to fly with a possible damaged propeller after a truck hit them on the tarmack. You take your chances sometimes with a discount airline with fewer planes and flights. But in this case, it was a fluke accident and it sounds like Swoop is stepping up.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/we-re-stranded-here-dozens-of-swoop-airline-passengers-stuck-in-kelowna-1.4568324

10. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A new airline that cannot get its act together has more than safety on its mind. "Safety" is the catch all to save face. Westjet owns Swoop but this is rarely if ever mentioned. Westjet is not new to the airline industry so these issues should be worn by them not Swoop. It will probably be used in Business Schools on how not to start a new airline. They may have to rebrand to save face.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe people should actually fly to Vegas with them.....before they comment on them....

I’m 3 for 3 as far as quality airlines and service. Still waiting for the sky to fall....on board as we speak....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booking Swoop from London for trip in November. We could fly out of Detroit on Spirit for same price but they have just as bad reviews and I have flown Spirit many times and never had an issue. Yes Swoop had some maintenance issues back in July but hopefully that has all been rectified. When you look at how many flights per day Swoop flies, the amount of bad reviews really isn’t that bad (other than the issues in July). We absolutely hate driving through Detroit, tiny little London airport is soooo much nicer than a huge airport and we will be coming home on American Thanksgiving so decided to give Swoop a try.

13. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They really are no different than any other airline. I’m booking my third flight with them this weekend. I have never flown out of London....that’s something I would like to know about.

14. casky

casky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I will be on that same flight coming home from Vegas to London on Nov 28!

I get great offers from Spirit out of Detroit but by the time I add the exchange, bridge tolls, parking, gas (2.5 hours each way), and traffic it costs more. 20 minutes from london airport and will be dropped off and picked up so no parking fees.

15. jtdl

jtdl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love flying out of London - tiny little airport, parking lot is never full but is like a mall parking lot, no Ned for shuttles or anything, just walk up to the building.

Small world! Are you flying out on the Sunday before too?

Got in on the Friday sale last week and got flights cheaper than Spirit. Just over $500 total for 2 and 1 checked bag. I’m happy

16. casky

casky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I am actually leaving on Sunday Nov 17. It will be a long stay for me. Have fun!

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh. I decided to roll the dice and our upcoming March trip is booked on Swoop. I am hopeful.

19. mercr350

mercr350 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flown 2x with Swoop. One time in May out of Hamilton and another time in November out of London.

I have to say the best flight since the security is very quick and the lounge area with their Tim Hortons is excellent. I also checked in my golf clubs in November and they were ready for pickup after I cleared customs.

However in late November, I had a friend get his flight cancelled and he got a $500 voucher (him and his wife). They had to spend $1,000 to get back to Toronto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.