1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"Strange Dealings" in our home game

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by booker, Aug 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a friendly group of guys who play a no-limit, 50¢ blind game when we can get together. A few nights ago I dealt the guy to my left a runner-runner royal flush. Okay. But topping this two years ago another guy dealt himself Broadway only to put a royal on the board for a 3-way chop. He was so pissed at himself!

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure hope he tipped the dealer well!:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How come you never see this stuff in a tournament?

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only see this online, lol

5. Gogie

Gogie Tourist

2008 WSOP Main Event:

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weve been playing monthly tournaments and cash games since 2006, 10-18 people depending on the year and never a royal flush :(

7. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About five years ago in one of our home games, we had a guy flop a royal flush. He was first to act, checked (he said that he didn't want to scare people out of the pot) and it checked around. After the turn he put out a $2 bet and everyone folded... he ended up winning about $6 (the preflop action).

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a live hold'em game the best I've gotten is K-high straight flush. One away. Same as mjames story, I was first to act, checked til the river, put a very small bet out, and everyone folded. I did win some kind of bonus the room i was in was running tho.

Had a royal in Omaha (online) once.

9. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a game once a month- it’s terrible poker but a lot of fun just laughing and telling stories. A few guys go out to smoke so we decide to stack the deck. So maybe 5 of us know and 3 aren’t in on the joke.

Guy 1 is dealt JJ. Guy 2 is dealt QQ, guy 3 dealt KK and I’m dealt AA, all on purpose. Of course no one realizes what others have. We then rig the flop, turn and river to be JQKAA with Jacks showing first and all of us wowing. Then Queens show and we get a little louder and crazier. King guy (not in on joke) is pumped and starts singing We Three Kings revealing his Kings full. Table is going nuts and saying how crazy a hand and then I flip my quads over and we’re all just incredulous. The whole time those in on the joke are hoping we stacked the deck correctly in limited time. We did.
    After I won we said it was almost like we staged it...and Kings picked up on it and called us SOB’s. Helluva great laugh.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. sscccoach

sscccoach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing a home game about 10 years ago. I had a decent night and had around $450 in front of me. We were playing $1-$2 no-limit or an option of $1-$2 pot limit hi-low Omaha. It was declared to be the last hand of the night. I had 2 -5, J-K with the 2 and 5 of hearts. I limped in hoping to play the last hand. It was raised to $10 so i along with 5 or 6 others decided to call the flop of A-3-4 with the ace and 3 being both of hearts. I was the first to act and checked. One player made it $25 and 3 of us called. The turn paired the board with the 4 of hearts. I checked again and it was checked around. I had the nut low and a 5 high straight flush. The river was another ace. This time I bet $25 hoping to get at least one call. To my surprise, the guy to my left raised the pot. The next guy moved all-in. It got around to me and of course I moved all in. I expected to split the lows with the two players. Player one had hit quad aces on the river with two in his hand. Player two was slow playing quad 4's from the turn. I scooped my biggest pot ever cashing out $1300 ahead.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. dwild

dwild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch losing with quad aces.

12. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Odds of that happening, "… 1 in 2.7 billion."

13. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit a royal once in a "home" game...caught my 5th card on the turn...nice pot...I didn't have to/want to raise until the turn... my remaining opponent did all of the betting for me...he had Aces-over full-house... re-raise after re-raise... he knew only quads or a SF could beat him... but, finally, he called. I almost felt bad for him....almost!
    Only royal I've ever had (for money).

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.