1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Atlantic City Weekend Recap

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by alexm, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Third trip to AC this year, and possibly our last for the year. Renewed 25k Diamond and we aren't sure if we want to try and establish somewhere else. Maybe an end of year trip depending on the promotions though.

This trip was with Wife, BIL and SIL to see Keith Urban at Hard Rock Saturday night. BIL and I went down Thursday night. Wife and SIL followed Friday. We all came home Monday.

Primary game for the trip was bonus poker triple play quarters with some parlaying up. Probably 70% of coin in was VP, 25% slots and 5% tables. As is the case with multi line play I had a decent number of quads including aces. Highlight to the trip was my first quarter royal flush on Sunday! Total coin in for me was around 8500 per day except Saturday which only got to around 6k.

Ketih Urban at Hard Rock was, like every concert at hard rock, excellent. Great venue for a show. Exceptional dinners at Gordon Ramsay Steak and at Nero's Brunch. Beach day Saturday weather was perfect.

Overall a great way to end the summer. If anyone has any specific questions about the trip or details from Caesars Ballys or Harrah's let me know!

• Like Like x 4
  2. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear you had a great time. I was on the beach on Monday. Truly a perfect day. Phenomenal treatment from Caesars beach personnel in how they put up a large umbrella and two chairs, gave us towels and ice waters...all for free if you're diamond level. Wonderful. We also got to watch the F35s (?) practice for the upcoming airshow. Amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah the Caesars beach is a great experience for sure! we stayed on that side Saturday and just brought a cooler. Only downside is no drink service which I think would make it a big attraction for Diamond players

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy to bring a cooler as you don't have to lug anything else...it's all provided for.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the Royal! Glad to hear you went to the beach, it's an under-rated amenity and I'm on it every chance I can. Get one of those soft sided insulated bags from Wegman's, fill it with beers and ice. I have even topped off a bottle of Tonic with Gin and had cocktails on the beach. Just use koozies or solo cups and you won't get a second glance from the beach patrol.

As for Brad Paisley concert, did you sit on the floor or in an upper seat? I'm not a fan of the Etess Arena with its low stage. If those in the first couple rows on the floor stand up, then everyone behind has to stand.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the royal!

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keith Urban, but we sit almost always in sections 201 or 202 generally somewhere between rows H and M on an aisle (seats 1 and 2. We have seen 5 concerts there now and the crowd stands for nearly all of them for the headliner. The exception was Pentatonix where the crowd on the sides remained seated but the floor had to stand since there was a pit. It's an arena where if the people in front of you stand, you have to stand even when sitting elevated. That being said we love standing at concerts so never a big deal for us. At caesars beach we just straight up brought out our yeti and no one cared. We did have a few waters in it too lol.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keith Urban.......I’m such a dork.

We had tickets in section 207 for Frankie Valli, didn’t want to chance it on the floor, just in case some of his seasoned citizen fans doubled up on the Advil.

Funny how the weather at the shore can change so quickly, this past weekend it was very windy and in the mid 70’s. In the early evening it was downright chilly.

9. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that! That's more my kind of beach weather lol. I'm a bigger guy so the weekend we were there the heat was a bit too much for me lol. Spent lots of time in the ocean but very little on the boardwalk during the day. I love early november and even late february/early march

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    September and October are probably the best “value” months to visit. Just about anyone with a gold Caesars Rewards card and a pulse could get a comp or deeply discounted midweek room. Although it’s not shorts and T-Shirt weather, it’s still favorable for walking the boardwalk. Restaurant hours are usually trimmed in the off season, but there will still be many options.

We recently visited Cielo Wine Bar at Resorts for Happy Hour and they have several cocktails and appetizers for $7 each. I had a bowl of mussels with bread and it was enough for a light meal. Thursday and Friday, 4:30-6:30 pm.

11. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @hammie I completely agree. We were talking about trying to venture out a little more next trip. We have been kicking around the idea of a november/December Christmas shopping trip, but since I'm already maxed at my attainable tier level at CZR we may try and stay elsewhere. How are the rooms at Resorts? I do like their video poker selections and it's close to Hard Rock and proximal enough to Ballys if any of our friends stay there. How are they as far as comping goes?

12. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have not stayed at Resorts in some time, but I recall that the rooms were fairly large. One of the gripes I hear about Resorts is that their system of earning points is not transparent. I played quarter VP at max coin (5) for an hour and I earned 1 or 2 points. The resident Resorts expert on this board is none other than @flysrb, maybe he can shed some light on this topic.

As soon as you set your dates in late fall, maybe call Chef Vola’s and seek out a reservation if you want to go off the reservation. It’s BYOB and cash only.

13. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @hammie we LOVE chef vola's, fantastic meal! And we love the service. Last 2 times we didn't take wine and the server offered to run to the liquor store for us. Their desserts are also phenomenal and worth every penny!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m jonesing to return to Chef Vola’s. We sat on the porch in December and it was fine, not cold at all.

I just picked up one of those insulated water bottles and I want to fill it with Brown Blabbermouths, a.k.a. Manhattan’s for my next BYOB meal. Ventnor City which is adjacent to AC has several small restaurants but by law they are not permitted to serve alcohol. Yet there are several stores in Ventnor that sell beer, wine and spirits.

If you ever want to take a short drive down Absecon Island, Steve & Cookies on the Bay is a great little spot in Margate with a good Happy Hour. There’s a great dive bar, Maynard’s, a couple blocks up from S&C’s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.