1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Modifying a Comp Offer

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sidekicknick, Aug 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I current have two nights at Vdara booked for this coming weekend 8/16-17; My brother was a last minute addition and now I'm wondering if I'm better off with a room with 2 beds.

When I booked every MGM property was comp'd for Fri/Sat but if I look now all are charging. I'm wondering if its showing prices (no comps) because I've already booked a comp'd room for those days -- or -- because its getting busier and prices have gone up?

I would like to re-book at another property to get 2 beds, but fear if I cancel my existing I'm stuck paying for a room and losing this comp if I tried to re-book.

Any insight on how best to handle this so I don't shoot myself in the foot trying to modify my reservation?
    Thanks!

2. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best advice would be to call and explain the situation. They may downgrade you (potentially significantly) to get you to a room with 2 beds. (Move you to Excal or Luxor). I would think your best bet would be to call your host if you have one, if that fails try reservations and see if you can get transferred to a host.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. Just call and explain the situation to the rep and see what they say. There is no benefit in speculating on what the outcome will be because nobody can say for sure. It's a total crapshoot, your first gamble of the trip!

4. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Called and they said they don't know either until I cancel my existing booking. The offer I booked on has since expired so his guess was that it wouldn't improve what I'm seeing on current offers.

I'll just keep it as is .... a bird in the hand.

Thanks!

5. CaliMike

CaliMike “My home away from home”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are showing not comped because you already have those dates booked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vdara comes with a pull out sofa. Not the most comfortable but I slept on it for 1 night. You have to call housekeeping to get sheets and pillows and blankets.

I know the rates for days I'm looking at have gone up. I don't think I would risk cancelling and seeing what was available.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have read many times about how you get to the hotel but what you deserved was not what you received. And the fine print generally states a room has been reserved for you but details may not be available.
    I’d wait til check in and if necessary provide the 29$ trick for change. Seems a room with 2. Ed’s would be the last to opt in for when reserving. Good luck!!

8. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you get a 2 bedroom, I think vdara only has 1 king rooms not 2Q.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Edit: Forgot Vdara does not have 2Q rooms.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  10. Sidekicknick

Sidekicknick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm aware Vdara only has 1 king options, thats why I wanted to switch to a different property. I'll try and sandwich a $50 for a 2-bedroom room and hope for the best.

11. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, that is much less likely, especially if you don't have a host and a long gambling history. Good luck.

12. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like @Patman said, Vdara definitely includes sofa beds in their rooms. If that's not acceptable, yeah, your options are to hope for a 2B upgrade or switch properties

EDC
  13. Eleven99isFine

Eleven99isFine VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to stay in the same room?
    How much for a 2nd room at vdara or aria?

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree, and that's why the phone agent couldn't see either.

This close to the trip, I probably wouldn't mess with it.

But if the trip was further out, I'd do this to figure out whether to try to cancel and rebook:

While you're NOT logged in, look at the full retail price of the room for the dates you have booked. Then look at the prices of other rooms at other hotels for the same dates. You should be able to book a room elsewhere at the same value or less. You'd have to cancel the first reservation before you'd be able to book the new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.