1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Eataly

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by HoppinHardWays, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any reviews on ordering steaks, fish, or pasta here? I am really intrigued by the place.

Labor Day!
  2. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both fish and pasta were decent. Neither blew my mind though

The key with something like this would be the right mood/ people to do it with, as you are going to stations and doing orders.

Under the right circumstances I would return but it has not made my list as a must do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked through there a couple of trips ago but didn't eat. Not really impressed. Sit-down prices with food court service and ambience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still haven't seen it yet. Did the one in NYC right after it opened. That was a kick. It's on the list. I don't expect a life-altering experience but then again eating the same buffet for the 203rd time isn't exactly edgy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never tried the cooked meals there, but would like to. I love it for a simple breakfast though. LaVazza coffee and the associated pastry stall is, imho, a simple delicious breakfast. Ate there every day my last two trips.

If you try the steak etc, do report back!

7. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be a great place in your hometown. But, it seems a little out of place on the Vegas Strip to me. I've been to the one in Manhattan and it is really a good fit there with all of the locals who can shop there for their daily needs. In Vegas, the dining options are a little odd in that environment since it really isn't a food court or "restaurant row". Plus how many tourists would be buying bakery items such as cakes, etc. that are not exactly conducive for eating on the go or carrying with you until you get back home. Beautiful displays and some souvenir style goodies , but I doubt if many locals are coming here to do their shopping otherwise.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a tough one. We stopped in for gelato ('cause it's friggin' hawt-as-hell out thar) and meandered around. IF we were there for lunch - maybe a pizza or sandwich. However, our opinion was that it does not warrant a trip. It's not a destination, given the availability of sandwiches & pizzas available closer to our base of operations. But we had to see it. Might buy something if we're up there again, but we won't travel for the sake of Eately. Feel me, dawg? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also remember that someone here was complaining that they didn't have anything in the way of a simple spaghetti and red sauce dish.

I looked at some of the menus and did find a few but they were not obvious to those not familiar with the names of various pastas and sauces.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stopped in a couple times and was underwhelmed with the crowded food court atmosphere.
    Maybe I’m missing something but why anybody who lives in Las Vegas drive to the Strip to buy meats from the butcher shop in Park MGM?
    Definitely not worth a special trip.

Have not tried the newest restaurant in there yet ,Manzo ,but read several good reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.