1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Borgata's new sports book bar

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by smerrian, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a Borgata player...too hard to get comps there. But...

When I play vp I'm all about a good pay table. The new sports book at Borgata put in a bar with vp. The bar is as big and open/airy as the room. Big room, big screens, great ventilation system for clean air. The drinks they are making at this bar are incredible...the size of a double, huge cherries for my manhattans, great service. The vp machines are brand new. For someone that doesn't like playing vp at a bar I found this place to be incredible.

Ok, so they're dealing $1 9/5 JoB but with drinks and an atmosphere like this, it's my first stop at Borgata to get my buzz on. After 2-3 of these it's time to move over to a 9/6 JoB machine.

Just a great addition to the Borgata line-up.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any pictures?

3. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did someone say Manhattan? Do you recall what kind of whiskey they will comp? As an example, Ocean uses Banker’s Club as their house swill.

Thanks for the heads up, I keep forgetting to check it out. I’m more of a $.25, 5 coin Bonus Poker player though.

4. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't drink Banker's Club; never tried it. I have tried Maker's Mark but I like Crown Royal more. I was drinking Crown Royal Manhattans, on the rocks, double cherry. They were fantastic.

The machines had 25¢ 8/5 JoB. For the short time it takes to down 2 hefty drinks when you're just beginning your drinking session, 8/5 is passable to me. Afterwards, I would just take my great drink glass to the 25¢ 9/6 machines and when ordering on the floor, I would just pour my drink from a plastic cup into the good glass. Obviously, I have a problem calling any drink in a plastic cup a 'good' drink.

• Like Like x 1
  5. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be in AC next weekend and will post pics.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is was at Borgata the end of last year, the bar in the center (don't remember the name of it) would comp Jim Beam, but not Maker's. Not sure if it would be any different at this bar.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this where the sports book windows are for wagering?
    They had two windows squeezed into the racebook .Been waiting for this to open.

8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Remember when Borgata Racebook was " caught" taking sports bets ?
    Was it about 5 yrs ago ?
    I bet it didn't take them long to to train + accept LEGAL sports betting,......ha ha !

9. smerrian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there is a sports bet window in the sports book. No need to go to the race book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.