1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

top of Strat

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dbook, Aug 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that to take the elevator to the observation deck now costs $20. I think that I read on this board - a long time ago - that you get a free ride if you go to the lounge that's up there. Is that still so and how expensive are the drinks up there? Can you get one for less than $20?

2. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That must be a brand new policy over there at Los Strat. Never heard that one before.

The 107 Lounge (I don't know what they're calling it these days) used to have the best Happy Hour around. 1/2 off appetizers and 2 for 1 drinks....any drink. I haven't been back in a couple of years because I was in there and they switched it to 1/2 off appetizers and then 1/2 off well drinks....which is absurd! Ridiculous, I say!

Maybe they changed, but either way, the drinks aren't $20. They have an extensive martini menu and I think those run around $16.

Of course, if they are charging people to get to the observation deck, maybe they upped those prices, too.

Regardless, just take the elevator to the lounge, grab a drink or simply go to the bathroom, and then head up to the Deck.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your response FormallyTD!! I'm such a cheapskate - I love to save a couple bucks when I can. Going up to the 107 Lounge at happy hour is perfect - a drink, a bite and waiting around for a sunset view sounds really good!!!

4. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go 4-7 p.m anyday and it is happy hour. Free ride up half price drinks and apps. Beer is $4 a great deal considering the ambience IMO. After you are done in the lounge u out can ride the elevator up to the observation deck free. It's called 107 lounge I believe.

5. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at 107 Lounge for Happy Hour in December. I've been there many times and have always thought their happy hour was one of the best in Vegas. Did not disappoint.

[​IMG]
    Marcona Wagyu Beef Arancini $18.00 ($9.00 @ Happy Hour)
    Pomodoro, Parmigiano

[​IMG]
    House Made French Fries $12.00 ($6.00 @ Happy Hour)
    Truffle Aioli

[​IMG]
    Lollipop Chicken Wings $16.00 ($8.00 @ Happy Hour)
    Spiced Sweet Chile Sauce

Note also that Cocktails are 1/2 off and that includes premium cocktails not just well drinks..The excluded drinks are their list of 'Signature Cocktails'.

Beer and wine 1/2 off too. I had a Guinness Stout for $4.00. My buddy a domestic beer for $3.50.

The meal was excellent. Portions large for Happy Hour....it filled two of us for $35.00.
    Not to mention free tower access to one of the best views in Vegas and Excellent Service. Ok. I'll mention it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, head up at happy hour. There is another thread from last week talking about this.

NO CHARGE if going to restaurant.

7. dbook

dbook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all!! Happy hour it is!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.