1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thinking about changing up our Wynncore experience

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Dean Martin, Jul 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody ever booked a TS King at Wynn and had any luck requesting or being offered (a paid) upgrade to a real suite (Parlor or Salon) at check-in? Thinking if they had the room and offered, it would be significantly less than what I see on the Wynn Insider rate.

2. Bellbad

Bellbad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't give any comments on an upgrade. We always bite the bullet and pay for the Parlor Suite. For us it is just once a year and we splurge. If you have a host, you will get a lower rate. Didn't save us much but better than nothing.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We checked in 7/2 for two nights.
    Reserved a TS King.
    At check in they said “We have good news, you have been upgraded to Parlor Suite.”
    Great surprise and fantastic room!

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did ask and the host rate was better than the standard rate but it was even better booking with the 35% off on Wynn Insider, plus if you get Host Rates it does "not" include the daily $50 breakfast credit.

5. Bellbad

Bellbad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did verify the the $50 was not included, but breakfast is not a big deal to us, so not an issue. I almost paid the 'rack rate' to get the credit but thought back to our first stay at Wynn. 5 nights and we ate at Tableau one time. And as I recall it was $80 then. The Mirage treated us better financially and comp wise, but there is no going back now!

Nittany: Good job!

6. HeliBen

HeliBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so, just to clarify: a "tower suite" room is actually just a regular room? I never knew that. It's not even on a seperate floor or anything? So besically the day I check out of my "resort room" it just magically becomes a "tower suite" for the next guest checking in, just because that guest is paying twice as much? And for what? some breakfast credit and access to two extra tiny pools????

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Bellbad

Bellbad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Tower Suite section is at one end of the property. Separate registration, separate concierge and a few other benefits. Once a Tower Suite room, always a Tower Suite room. We stay in that section because we like the Parlor Suite.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did find out from my host that they cannot upgrade (paid or not) you at check-in "if" your host book at their host rates. In order to be eligible for an upgrade at check-in, you have to book directly with the hotel (includes logging in and booking as a Wynn Insider). Interesting little quirks they have associated with "Host Rates"...

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2016 I booked a TS King, got a paid standby upgrade to the Executive Suite. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't pay up front for the upgrade but instead wait until check-in to see what they had.

10. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had paid upgrades offered to me on my last 3 of 5 trips over the past 2 years. I've taken two of them -- one up to Salon and the other up to Parlor. All of my visits were on a regular comp stay; I didn't reach out to my host.

11. Eloise of Wynn

Eloise of Wynn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ALWAYS stay in the Tower Suites. All the pools at ENCORE, WYNN, TOWER Suites are crowded at certain times of the day. The Tower Suite pools though have a completely different ‘vibe’ , more quiet and relaxed and there are fewer children by far. Bottled water is provided to the guests. There is an access stairway down to the larger pools from the Tower Suite pool deck that is activated with your key card, if you wish to visit the European Pool or the larger Wynn Pools. Our last stay was this past December :-( too long ago, but they have changed their policy regarding where the $50 breakfast credit can be applied. I think that now you can visit other Wynn Restaurants, like Society Cafe or LeJardins...But I would ask to be sure this policy is still in place. We LOVE Tableau so we were there every morning! The food is remarkable, the service impeccable, and the setting intimate and more serene. There is outdoor seating available too, if you wish to dine with the grasshoppers. ;) (Just kidding,not usually a problem!)

12. Eloise of Wynn

Eloise of Wynn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually No, the Tower suite rooms are at the southern most end of Wynn with a separate entrance to the hotel off of Spring Mountain Rd. , separate check in desk, concierge, separate bank of elevators, separate pool deck. Bellbad is correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.