1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

We made it!

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by gms5997, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, flyguyfl ~ we love it! LOL on the rock mower :haha:

2. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer about the trailer/truck issues, Tom ~ glad you made it safely to Wisconsin!

3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your move , Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tominiowa

tominiowa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to Vegas. If you like golf the Summerlin area has some nice courses. Plenty of nice places to eat also by you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sooooooooooooooooooo Hows it going?

6. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love it here! Since we made 50+ trips to Vegas before we moved here, I think the only thing we've been surprised about is the grasshopper issue closer to the strip. :) Here in the Summerlin area, we've only seen a few. We've been keeping pretty busy seeking out all the good multiple point days, and the "free gifts" are starting to take over our garage. We've been to a slot tournament at the Plaza, found cheap tickets to the Blue Man Group, and seen a few tribute shows that were great. Looking forward to seeing Brian Setzer's Rockabilly Riot concert next month at GVR. We just love that there are so many things to do here within 15-20 minutes away.

Coming from hot and sticky SW Florida, the 100+ degree dry heat doesn't bother us at all. So no regrets about relocating here ~ thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good deal only a few grasshoppers here in Lone mountain as well. A few people back in Il have mentioned things about the GH ... I tell them this is where they come to die LOL. Also that they don't stay long because they can't afford the resort fees. Party ON

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you find comparable work in Vegas or were you retired already?

I'm always curious as to how people navigate an interest based rather than a work based move.

Sounds great though. If not for kids and family, I'd be really tempted to move out west. I'm ready for a change of scenery after almost 4 decades of being where I'm at.

9. gms5997

gms5997 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Woodsie ~ we were lucky enough to be retired already. We used to have a cousin and an aunt that lived here, so we've been coming out here at least twice a year since the 90s. Unfortunately, they both passed away within the last 8 months, so that was a sad thing. Auntie was 99 and still loved to go to the Palms to play video poker ~ I always said I wanted to grow up to be just like her!

That's the hardest part, being far from family (they're in Michigan and Seattle). But with video chats every week, it makes it a bit easier and they're excited to be able to come here to visit us!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.