1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Help me spend my MLIFE R.C.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pressitagain, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a nice r/c credit for an upcoming trip. I’m pretty sure that I’m going alone. It’s going to be really tough to spend for one person.

As of right now the only 2 things for certain are Bavette’s (ParkMGM) dinner and America (NYNY) for breakfast (maybe twice). That leaves me about 1/4 of the way.

I’ve eaten at every steakhouse on the south strip. There won’t be any pool. Before anyone suggests JR...can’t sit for too long.

Help me spend the rest at MGM properties!!! I am open to suggestions (and creativity).

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Morimoto's - Sushi platter

Emeril's - Cold Seafood platter

NoMad Restaurant - Roast Chicken, Baked Alaska

Tender Steakhouse - I think I had bison osso buco

I have reviews (with pictures) in the restaurant section.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bardot or Sage at Aria (actually, pretty much anything but the cafe at Aria :feedme:)

Picasso or Prime at Bellagio.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does it have to be food? What about an experience? Show tickets, spa day? Etc

5. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything sitting for prolonged periods is out.

I’m not a spa type...at least I don’t think...lol. But I could use a nice massage....

6. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you would like a nice massage I would do an 80 minute essential stone at Aria. It’s my favorite treatment at an MLIFE property. The therapy areas are very nice as well (you can lay or float in most rather than sit). If you want to get this route let me know and I’ll share my favorite therapist with you!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Primrose at ParkMGM for breakfast (though also a fan of America as well).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Emeril’s (MGM). Javier’s (Aria) Carbone (Aria)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went on my first solo trip last fall, and I had the same problem.

1) Make sure where you are staying let's you spend RC at other properties I adore Aria, but they are known for honoring only at their property.

If you CAN charge elsewhere, and can't soak it all in....I am curious what Eataly's policy is on RC are? If Eataly purchases are RC eligible...I might just pick up some nice aged cured meats and expensive cheeses, and then make a yummy Italian meal once you are home and having the Vegas blues.... :love::love::love:

• Like Like x 1
  10. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who better to respond than you....Lol.

I’m booked at Luxor...based on your last review. I never would have even considered it...until then. That review and the fact that they offered me over $600 in R.C.

I’ve never had a problem spending outside where I’ve stayed...never even thought about it. I’m sure you can tell me otherwise.

I’ve done Tender about 4 times. That place is a very under appreciated steakhouse. But Bavette’s is the “standard”...by far, when it comes to steakhouses. Breakfast is set with America (great greasy spoon type).

There in lies the problem...Luxor is limited in selection. I know almost every restaurant on the South side. Aria and Bellagio (not so much). Asian for the second part of my stay at Cosmo.

A massage is a definite...maybe. I still need to eat another 4 or 5 meals. A seafood place??? Maybe, Charlie Palmer. That’s all I’ve got!!!

Any suggestions from you or anybody else. Would be great!!!

P.S. Eataly is great!!! But...I eat that stuff all the time. So Italian (again) is out.

11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes, the pressure is on, I hope you like to room as much as I did!
    $600 well exceeds me though, so I am sure you are in a great room. Our haunts are Aria and Cosmo (with a side of MB) so I do think/hope you like your room.

On food?

I love cooking (ergo Eatlay tip), and we are more $25 bucks per person Vegasers. I struggled with spending $300 at Bellagio solo for 3 nights, so no clue on $600.

Our resident foodie/maximize your food budget posteechild, @DaiLun might have tips

• Like Like x 1
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always nice to sit at a "real" bar and pay for drinks via Resort Credit. The VIP bar at Aria is classy.

If you have not done massages in the past, I would consider NOT doing 80 minutes as your first. If you are not liking it, being "stuck" there would be a bummer. 50 minutes is still great.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, my advice would be:

It depends on a few things, spending $600 solo is tough.

Depending on how you feel about taking home food and the amount of prep you want to put into this:

1)Go to CVS/Walgreens/Target and buy a package of airtight/liquid tight containers, and a package of 1 gallon plastic bags.
    2)On your last night there, go to some of your favorite restaurants and order food to go. If beef, order "as rare as possible". SEAFOOD WILL NOT TRAVEL WELL.
    3)Make sure that you have space in your room refrigerator to store the food
    4)Repack the food into the containers/bags as necessary. The containers they provide ARE NOT designed for travel.
    5)If possible, you can go to Eataly and order the "no carbs" version of sandwiches (no bread, wrapped in lettuce.)
    6)Tip the server (or whoever takes your order) well in advance, and they'll (at least they should) take good care of you.
    7)If driving, use an ice chest with dry ice in the BOTTOM of the ice chest (DRY ICE in the bottom for refrigerant, DRY ICE in the top for FREEZING) Ensure that you vent your car.

This normally works for me, but I only have a 1 hour plane ride.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    • Love Love x 2
  14. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m actually really leaning towards a massage the more I think about it. That’s great advice!!!

15. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @DaiLun. I really appreciate all your effort on the food preservation. I’m flying into Canada. So that is out.

However, the idea from you and @Multifarious5 of eataly. That got me thinking.

I know they accept room charges. Meaning R.C. What would happen if I bought some bottled wine?

• Love Love x 1
  16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Buy something early in your trip and see if it comes off you hotel bill or not. Maybe the systems are not totally set up yet. For example, in the past, you could buy "stuff" at the spa and it counted as spa and therefore came off your bill if you had resort credit, or you could use Express Comps. They eventually fixed that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was exactly what I was going to suggest, always spot on @nostresshere ! In my experience resort credits don't cover merchandise (even candy at the convenience store) so you just want to make sure that bottled wine doesn't ring up as "not eligible". Buy one bottle, and if not RC eligible, it should show on your folio pretty quickly when you check it on your TV.

You just don't want to charge $300 bucks of wine at a huge mark up and then find its not eligible :eek:

@DaiLun, our master food packer, had a good point about packing materials. If you are considering buying wine, I'd bring bubble tape/wine packing stuff just in case it's approved as RC-friendly.

Also @pressitagain I meant to thank you on your note you liked my Luxor feedback. I was really surprised how much we liked the room, so I hope you do too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve read some of your TRs and we have very similar tastes in hotels. MB is an awesome place (my favourite). But I like updated rooms...

I stayed in the executive king suite at MGM when they first updated. The layout was nice but that was years ago...I hope they aren’t worn down.

One more question. Did you have any problems using the RC at outside properties (any restrictions)?

19. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eat at the bar at Carbone or Jean Georges in Aria.With wine/ cocktails you can have a great meal and fun time for a little over $100 unless you get a bottle of wine which I have done.

• Like Like x 1
  20. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s tough to keep track where everyone stays. Yes. You are the Aria expert!!!

What am I looking at in terms of specialties at Carbone or JG? Suggestions? I eat everything.

Thanks @Nittany1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.