1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Cabana Groupon is best

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by boxofbirds, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Which Cabana Groupon is the best?

1. Planet Hollywood $99

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Bally's $129

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Paris $159

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking about getting a cabana Groupon for upcoming trip. But I've never been to any of these pools, so don't know which one is the nicest/best value. I'm guessing Paris is the nicest because it's the most expensive, but maybe it's not $60 dollars better than Planet Hollywood?

There's Planet Hollywood for $99, Bally's for $129, and Paris for $159. All include 4 drinks. PH also has waverider passes, but I don't really care about that and probably will go unused.

Would also prefer the least crowded pool with least amount of kids running around.

Any thoughts on which one to go with?

2. Sean Kearns

Sean Kearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the Planet Hollywood groupon since we're staying there and I can't imagine a scenario where four drink and a place the chill for a few hours isn't going to be worth the $99 bucks even if you don't use the flowrider. It doesn't include lounge chairs if that matters. Could be the same for the others.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the PH pool once and even with a Bikini contest going on is still sucked ass. Bally's is boring but if you want super serene then that might be your speed. I'd vote Paris. It's certainly the nicest of what you posted. Although I'd make my way over to MGM Grand for a cabana or day bed where your fee goes towards food and drink minimum (not to mention awesome pool complex) before I spent the money on a cabana at any of those places.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will definitely check that out and see what the prices look like

5. Sean Kearns

Sean Kearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree on MGM Grand. We have a Cabana there the day before for more of a party, but it's a $550 min spend. I'm expecting Pho to be used as a "recovery pool" not a party pool.... depends what you're looking for.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  6. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah probably looking for something more chill on a Monday. The partying is happening Saturday/Sunday :drunk:

7. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Paris is pretty chill. I know they have music sometimes but nothing like a day club or anything. MGM has a range of prices depending on if you want proper cabana or day bed. They also have everything from serene to party depending on where in the pool complex you are. My favorite spots are anywhere I can get shade next to the lazy river where it isn't too loud or filled with kids. I like to watch all the people float by as well as take some laps myself.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  8. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since your going on a Monday. Check out Cosmo they have a promo for Mon-Wed cabanas. It is F&B minimum so a good deal. Chelsea pool is the quieter one.

9. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, will check that out as well!

10. Kisby

Kisby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a reason these hotels need to draw people into their pools with a groupon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on this criteria alone, I'd say Ballys.

Though,I will say we were giving Bally's a consideration for a cabana for my last trip because we weren't sure we could get one at Flamingo on the day we wanted. I checked every few days on availability and their site rarely showed any of the cabanas being rented. Lack of demand showed me a lot there. You could probably use the money saved on the groupon for drinks at the pool and easily find a place to relax without spending on those.

Personally, I'd look at the Cosmo cabanas as referenced above, especially if you can get the promo rate. Those are food and beverage minimum spend and a steal if you can pick one up for $200-$300 with the promo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really love the value i get out of PH. It's my favorite of my budget options. I even prefer to stay there over higher end hotels depending on the occasion. I'm a casual guy so PH fits me perfectly. PF Changs is my type of restaurant.. Sadly, the pool scene there is lacking... Although $99 for a cabana is a great deal, I don't think you even get lounge chairs to go along with them... Some of the cabanas go right up to the pool so you would have to jump into the pool to leave the cabana (and vice versa). And the cabanas are 3 thin walls of metal... no drapes to close the cabana for any extra curricular activities.

Paris gets my vote... It's a great deal, solid pool, and good value.

Although you did make a point about avoiding kids...
    Paris is a family friendly themed hotel
    PH is mainly the young crowd. not many families. they have an adult only pool but it's a party vibe. The free for all section might have your average # of kids maybe less
    Can't speak to bally's... last time i was there it seemed to be an old school Olympic sized square swimming pool with a deep end.

13. boxofbirds

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really enjoyed Aria last summer, I think I got it for $200-$225, but no F&B included. Cosmo has some promo cabanas for $250, so might go with that, but was trying not so spend so much, haha. MGM Cabana was like $4-500, which I would totally do if I had a big group of friends, but too much for just the two of us.

The more I hear about the Planet Hollywood Cabanas, the more I know it's not what I'm looking for! If you just wanted to hang with 4 friends and do the waverider it's a great value, but I'm looking for the cabana experience.

14. Marilynfan

Marilynfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah $250 at Chelsea pool (including gratuity and taxes) was the cheapest I could find at Cosmo. I think since it includes your food & beverage for the day it is a good deal. You also get a fruit plate included so be sure to ask if you don't see it. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.