1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cet $100 Celebration dinner for diamond members.. which restaurant would you choose for 1 person ?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Giovanni, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovanni

Giovanni Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys!
    I'm thinking to use my 100$ voucher soon for solo dinner. I'm trying to get the most out of it without adding much over the 100$ (or better not to add at all).
    Which place will be the best food and the best value for these 100$ ?

I was thinking about either BLT steak , either Gordon Ramsay steak at Paris or Gordon Ramsay hell's kitchen but open to other suggestion as well.
    Which places would you recommend the most and why ?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used Diamond or comparable room food credit at the following locations:

*Center Cut - 2 times - loved it (they are closing at some point and changing to a speakeasy or so type steakhouse. Not sure of date).
    *BLT Steak (2 times) - loved it
    *Ruth's Chris - loved it.
    *Gordon Ramsey steak - 2 times (It is very good but I find it overrated and more expensive for something that is no better than the others. But I love the Stickey Toffee pudding.......)
    *Old Homestead - very good but atmosphere was not as enjoyable for me (I was stuck at the 'lonely diners' booth close to kitchen so a lot of traffic).

All of these were solo dinners except one of the BLT stops. I normally order a small filet, side, possibly salad and a drink or possibly a pre fixe' menu. Usually come in very close to (have even hit it dead on a couple of times) to the $100 and then just left tip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used mine at Old Homestead @ Caesar's and it was great. My bill came out to exactly $99.00! :)
    I got a local draft IPA, the 8oz American Wagyu Rib Cap which was amazing, and a side of their mac n' four cheese. Epic. They sat me near the bar at my own table. 10/10 dinner. I went back to my room at Harrah's and went into a food coma.

I've also used it at BLT Steak and that place was amazing too. It was my gf and I. Came out to ~$200.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Ruth’s Chris. Get the prix fix menu. Sit at the bar or get a table overlooking the strip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used mine twice for the sterling brunch at Bally's.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOBU because its my fav CET restaurant

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Martorano's at Paris. I used it on a dinner for two last year; planning on going there on a dinner for one this year. Don't know if being single again is good or bad. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. Southpaw33

Southpaw33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Martoranos would be something different. The homemade mozzarella is very good. Ruth Chris is very good but almost just as good just to go for happy hour at 5 PM during the week and get the steak sandwich for 15 bucks. They are shutting down for the month of August though for some freshening up. Hell’s Kitchen was overrated I thought.

• Like Like x 2
  9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used mine recently at Gordon Ramsay's Steak solo. Excellent meal!

• Like Like x 1
  10. LKG276

LKG276 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't use it at Giada's Was not impressed with food at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Giovanni

Giovanni Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much of a tip should you leave at 100$ comp dinner like that ? 15% of the 100$ comp ? Which like 15$ ?

12. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because I love beef wellington and haven't had GR's yet, I'd go with the prix fixe at Hells Kitchen. I think it's $85 at night and is scallops appetizer, beef wellington main course, and sticky toffee pudding dessert. Add a cocktail and end up right around your $100. They have the same dish at GR Pub at Caesar's and Steak at Paris but they switch around the apps sometimes and may be cheaper at the other joints. I'd just go to hells kitchen. I think that's a good price level to qualify ratio for a diamond dinner, course you could just get a steak or something instead at the steak house. Guy Savoy is good for $100 for solo too, but will be a little over $100. Their main meat dishes are about $105-135 each depending on what you get. I highly recommend the snake river farms American wagyu at Guy Savoy. Was $115 when I was there in June, comes with ribeye cap and short ribs and some veggies etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally would not do Ruth’s Chris as the happy hour has value and frankly I can get it in any decent sized US city.

I also wouldn’t do BLT as you can get Groupon/travel zoo deals for it.

If you want to try the Pre Fixe at Hell’s Kitchen, the Wellington and Sticky Toffee Pudding are to die for.

I’m very partial to the Rib Cap at GR Steak if you want Steak.

Nobu, as mentioned above, is my favorite CET restaurant.

For your second question I usually tip closer to 20% if service is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standard would be 20% of the pre-tax bill, without regard to any comps or vouchers. Adjust up or down based on service.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Giovanni

Giovanni Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advises guys!
    I went to BLT steakhouse at bally's today got tuna + COWBOY* 22oz 65 bone-in rib eye + TRUFFLE MASHED POTATOES. was 97$ so close to the 100$ range.
    the food was nice although i expected a bit more for 100$ dinner worth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.