1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria Buffet-good?great?meh?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by mdm4sfest, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking over the most recent reviews, you get a little mix of everything. Have to take all reviews with a grain of salt however as I had never been to this buffet (usually do 1 buffet a trip and its always Cosmo brunch) I figured Id try it out since I have a MyVEGAS Buy1Get1 to redeem.

Since Im going over the week of 4th of July, lots of blackout dates for certain things Im interested in which makes sense. Have 136,000 coins to use (wont use them all this trip) and figured a buffet would be a good way to use them.

Is it just average or better than average or pretty damn good? Im a meat/potatoes kind of person and love seafood. Saw there was crab legs but wasnt sure if had to fight with them and split them myself or if they were already split? The size? My gf and I are not picky people when it comes to food however since Im able to use the coupon on July 1 only, I figured Id try it out but wanted a few opinion first...

2. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might help :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, it has reduced to "meh". I ate there 6/20/2019 (last night) for dinner. The seafood was "limited" to Dungeness Crab, black mussels, green mussels, clams, and shrimp. Oysters Rockefeller was available at the Seafood cooking bar.
    upload_2019-6-21_8-38-25.png

A wide variety of food though. You won't go hungry.

If I had to pay full price, I'd skip. Dinner was about $90.00 for two (plus tip).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I have only had breakfast/lunch and thought it was very good. A nice selection and a solid carving station. We've been several times over a several year span and have found the food to be consistently quite good.

5. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's great. It's a buffet so it's not fine dining, but very clean, great selection of items, attentive staff. I would choose Aria over Wicked Spoon as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. tornadobox

tornadobox High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider it better-than-average as far as the MLife buffets are concerned.

I make it a point to eat at the Aria buffet once on each of my solo trips (and while I won't force others to eat there, I have persuaded others to join me on non-solo trips).

7. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had both breakfast and dinner there. It was very good and would go back again. It's not as good as Wynn Buffet, but definitely above average.

I tend to bypass the seafood section. I'm really picky about seafood. I've been spoiled by fresh caught off the boat seafood at my BIL's house in FL.

I did think that the dessert selection could have been better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not impressed the one time we tried dinner at Aria last year. They had no prime rib at the fairly high priced dinner buffet. The two beef choices they had ("cowboy steak" and something else) were pretty meh.

9. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a BOGO, it's a deal...the variety/price at the Aria buffet is better than your other MyVegas buffet choices, IMO...the seafood selection is very good as is the desserts and salad "fixings"... the Mediterranean station is pretty good, but the selection and quality at the carving station is a bit meh...

10. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wasnt for me, way too fancy i had to go get a bite elsewhere after it , but it was free (myvegas) so no harm done

11. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are better buffets if you want to pay more money. There are equal/better buffets for the same or less money if you want to go off strip. As a free myvegas buffet, hands down, none of those other even come close.

12. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always enjoy the Aria buffet. It has a good selection, and like others have said, it's always been very clean everytime I've gone.

I'd say better than average. Some buffets have a very "processed" taste to me, Aria never has. (It always tastes fresh/home made, versus gross and processy.)

I would say the quality has always been quite good in my eyes, but it also hasn't been mind-blowing for me.

I've never been disapointed with it, it's just a pricier buffet, so I don't want just "very good" I want some dishes I miss once I am back home, and I haven't had that yet there.

A BOGO? I'd absolutely hit it. Full price? Probably not.

But everyone has different taste! What is good for me, can be great (or terrible) for someone else. I'd say Aria IS in my top 3 of Vegas buffets I've tried, it's just not the top :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. DavidandNatie

DavidandNatie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone has their own tastes and so you will have to decide for yourself. I don't care for Aria buffet because the selections are not numerous, for example, the fish market has salmon and some dried up fish. The rest is shell fish. There is a large Latin and Indian section which I don't eat and it appears not many others. The desert selection is small mostly cookies. Asian food is nothing special. The food is mostly fresh though. There is no comparison to Bellagio in my opinion.

14. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just used the My Vegas BOGO today for lunch, and we both thought it was good. The standout items for us was the Short Ribs at the Italian section, the eggs benedict, and the carrot cake pancakes. The pancakes were so good that we both got them for dessert.

15. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always grab a lunch reward every trip and grab breakfast there. I'm not a picky eater and can find more than enough to satisfy whatever I'm craving. For the price of free, it's great.

The pancakes was one of the best things I had last week! I'd go back just for those.

16. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe I would like it better if I were staying nearby. I've complained before about the cost of valet parking while we ate offset anything we saved with the Bogo from my vegas....

Trying to strictly limit review to the food. I wasnt too impressed. That trip we also ate at the Aliante buffet and I think I preferred it.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  17. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the year Aria opened, I have not liked this buffet. I've been back a couple times since then to make sure something hasnt changed, because I'd like to enjoy the buffet here, but nothing has. The food selection is so-so at best - some items come and go. Also my biggest complaint is the look of the place.... the way it's designed I feel like I'm in an elementary school cafeteria going thru the lunch lady line, for some reason. The tile on the wall and the way the lines / windows look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny, the look, openness and natural light is what I like so much about it. The food is above average, but what drives me here also is that I like it open and well lit for breakfast. Bellagio, CP and Cosmo buffets are too dark for me. Wynn is absolute tops, but only go there when I stay at Wynncore as the wait can be a deterrent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like it open and very well lit. I don't like any dark, sketchy, dungeon-like dinning places.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2019
  20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's definitely one of the better options you can get from myVegas. I do feel like it was better about 5 years ago because the first time we ate it, it was one of the best buffets we had in Vegas. But even now it is still worth 1/2 price and definitely free.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.