1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D free play and food and beverage credit question...

Discussion in 'Comps' started by AlPal, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps a silly question, but I received an offer for free nights, some free play and some food and beverage credit at The D for August. Do I need to book the hotel offer in order to receive the free play and food and beverage credit? Or is each item a separate entity? Thanks!

2. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The free play and food will be loaded without booking a stay. Not a dumb question at all. My Boyd offers usually are tied to a hotel stay.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip I received free play, a food credit, free slot & was not staying there. I went to the rewards center, they put the food credit and slot play on my card, then handed me the free bet chips. The whole process took one minute, and they didn't ask if I was staying with them. It's not required.
    A few other properties do this, as it's just an offer to get you in the door. Treasure Island does it a lot.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the quick replies!

5. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that your FP and food credit is automatically loaded on your card at the beginning of the month.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May I presume that the you can obtain the comped Laughternoon tickets at the players card booth as well without a room?

D offers.PNG

7. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get these tix without a stay, but you need to go to the ticket place to get them. They moved some of the downstairs around, so I am not sure where it is located now.

8. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Do you have to go to Club One to get the food loaded or is it automatically loaded?

If I have to get it loaded, do I have to go to both the D and GG Club One counters to get them loaded?

Also if my offers says $25 at the D and $15 at GG, can I use the entire $40 at the D steakhouse?

9. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told when I called to inquire about playing without staying at the D/Golden Gate, that only the food credit was automatically loaded if you aren't staying. Why? Because most of the offers have a choice between FP and MP, so you have to go to the Club One desk to make the choice and then have the FP loaded to your account. In fact, on my mailer, in it says "Stop by the Club One to receive your free slot play or match play."

For table players, if your MP and FP offers are for the same $ amount, note that you are better off taking the FP and playing it through as MP is worth only about half the face value, since you win only about half the time, whereas FP is worth about 92-99% of its value, depending on what machine you play at.

10. voltin

voltin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has never been an either-or situation for me, but always both even for my modest FP and MP. My mailer says "Free Play is automatically loaded to your accounting during the specified dates at 7 AM" (hmm that might be a clue for gambling day start time at The D.) Same with the F&B credit. The only offer on my mailer that must be redeemed at the desk is the Match Play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same offer at Golden Gate.

I am curious about The D. Do you know how much coin in you play at the D for those offers? Mine is half of that and I run through about $3-$5k a day. Mostly VP with a little bit of slots.

12. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't go to the D often. My comp offers are largely based on one day's action in 2018 where I played craps and my wife hit the slots and a little video poker. Here is the history of that action from the statement I got from www.theD.com

the D action.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  13. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Automatically loaded and while the offers are separate, the food credits can be combined.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's pretty good coin in. They are really generous with their offers. I get half of that and most of my play is video poker.

upload_2019-6-21_12-51-44.png

15. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @nfajgmbr03 I agree that the D provides pretty good comp value in exchange for gambling action. Unless I am with my wife who enjoys the sights and sounds of the Strip, I am evolving into a Downtown kind of guy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great to know. I'm RFB at Wynncore but am impressed with the little I have experienced at The D. It's good to know I can use a food comp without checking is as I'd still stay at Encore but would love to use comps to dine at D properties, Le Thai, etc.

17. voltin

voltin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F&B comps can only be used at The D Grill, Andiamo Steakhouse, Coney Island, Project BBQ and the bars at The D. You can only use earned comps at Le Thai, Pizza Rock, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, Thanks for that clarification. Still great to know though as I assume it negatively affects ADT to use a room and if I don't need to book it it's nice not to "have" to do so. Never tried Andiamo so I could see using F&B credit there, as well as other places.

19. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Andiamos is very good. I've been there several times and each time it was great. Very attentive service and I really enjoy the food. If you get a steak, make sure you get their "zip" sauce. I usually don't get sauce on a steak but it's good.

20. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do!!

Just had an amazing The D experience.

So, I decided that I am going to give The D some play this coming trip. I also have 2 of the MP "chips" I got in December with ACG and MRB MP coupons that I never used so I will start with those.

I was checking out the website and saw that there is a slot tournament July 1st to 3rd. It's only for $5k but I figured, what the heck, let me check it out. I emailed as was recommended and someone actually called me back and left me a vm! I called back and am in the tournament. It costs me $50 (where it is probably free for someone with a play history) but that's totally cool. If I am going to be playing at The D anyway, it is cheaper for me to pay $50 for the tournament and have a shot at the top prize of $2k than not participate. I'm really looking forward to the tournament and to doing a downtown coupon run between and after my playing times while also playing a bit at The D. I'll finally also be able to try Le Thai for lunch. I can't wait but serious kudos to The D for the follow up, especially given that I have minimal play history there.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.