1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The one thing you always forget to pack

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LVRaiders, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I began to pack this weekend, I realize I usually forget something every trip. Most of the time its sunscreen or my razor.

April Trip
    Last Minute
  2. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had one trip where I packed everything and then forgot my suitcase.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  3. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This trip I forgot my hat. I don’t normally wear a hat, but I do at the pool in Las Vegas to shade my head and eyes from the fierce Vegas sun, even if sitting in the shade.

I used to always forget something-bathing suit, workout clothes, sunglasses, etc. Being a former pilot I am used to checklists, so I made a “Vegas Packing Checklist” and saved it in Word so I can change it or add or delete. Of course, my hat wasn’t on it. Still, my checklist has greatly aided my age addled brain-I haven’t forgotten anything on it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't pack a bathroom kit; I just keep one permanently packed in my carry-on, and then I "audit" the bathroom kit after each trip and buy whatever needs to be replaced. That's how I avoided forgetting anything along those lines. However, I always mean to pack a pair of gym shirts and an old t-shirt to wear while bumming around the room when I wake up.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Downtown Fan

Downtown Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enough money. I always need more. LOL

Cal - Downtown
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually have never forgotten anything, as I have a preset list that only changes based on how many nights the trip will be. On the other hand, my wife forgets one thing every trip, usually related to toiletries / hair clips / make up, etc

• Like Like x 1
  7. topcard

topcard Here's to $10 3:2 two-deck, $5 Craps, and $5 UTH!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always forget to pack sweat pants (to wear in the room when I get up in the morning).
    Never really share a room, so it's not a huge deal to stick with boxers - except when housekeeping shows up!
    I'm not particularly "shy" but, these days, I figure I'd better put my jeans on before opening the door.

Annual Spring Trip!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This trip...both of my dress watches.

9. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lighters! Lol

10. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a funny topic, since we always joke that we can't take a trip without forgetting something. Even when we make a list in advance, we forget to check the list.

The flip side is that no matter how few clothes we pack we always pack too many. I'm happy putting on the same thing every day until my wife tells me to wear something else.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fun thread! I can see some great discussions coming from this.

My packing style is weird in that psychologically, I generally cannot pack earlier than the day before anything. In fact, it's usually the day that I leave. If I have to leave for the airport at 8:00 am, I'll be up at 6:00 am, and I'll start packing around 6:45 am or so. Hell, I MOVED to England in 2014 on a bag I started packing less than 24 hours before I left.

Despite this, I tend to make a list of things that I'm likely to forget rather far in advance, which allows me to focus on the "obvious" items (clothing, toiletries, chargers, etc.) when doing my turbo same-day or day-before pack.

This strategy has done well for me, and I actually cannot recall the last time I forgot anything for any trip.

Side note: I'm in the middle of a massive de-cluttering process right now, and part of that has included having me dedicate a shoebox to my "Vegas" items, such as player's cards, ACG/LVA books, fidget spinner for the poker tables, and my separate money clip for $1 bills for tips (I have no need for this anywhere else). I suspect this will very much come in handy when I get around to packing, as all of my Vegas-specific items will be in one place.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This reminds me of a meme that was going around the Internet not too long ago :)

[​IMG]

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Feb it was a pair of shorts. Luckily I found an acceptable pair to purchase!

Usually it's a can coozie.

No reason to go home yet.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the final stages of getting ready for my trip tomorrow and I come across this thread. You guys are just trying to jinx me and make me forget something, right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty solid in this regard, as I always keep a bag pretty "stocked" and ready to go. One of my "rituals" is to reload it when I return from a trip. My visits are 2-3 days, so it's easy to keep the bag on stand-by.

Now that I've retired and don't travel as frequently, I gotta keep an eye on expiration dates. I always keep some Clif Bars, etc. in the bag. I get my teeth cleaned quarterly and the brush and stuff from the goodie bag goes right in the travel bag.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cross my fingers, I don't really forget to pack things all that much. I think the worse has been earplugs for the race we go to and a hat once. I would if I wasn't super organized. It's a wonder we haven't forgotten more. Try as I might to have everything done and ready to go, our last day at home is always a rush to get everything done.

I too have my TSA approved quart bag of toiletries that gets refilled after every trip. It has really come in handy for those emergency trips to my elderly in laws when the need arises.

I developed a Vacation Checklist several years ago. I check off when I complete various components of our trip. Of course in the days before departure I check and recheck to make sure everything has been done and we have everything.

• Like Like x 1
  17. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually something silly, like Conditioner this trip. Oh, and my MLife card - waiting in line for that right now.

• Like Like x 1
  18. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't forget much as I'm always mentally preparing for a trip! But once I'm there, I'm a big on leaving stuff behind. Lost my favorite water bottle, my glasses, and even my atm card (Mon Ami had it and I was able to get it back, phew!).

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One trip last year I left my shirts hanging in the closet other than that I normally take too much.

Mark

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a pretty good system for packing for Vegas. I tend to be an over-packer. I typically pack clothes for #ofDays+1, but in Vegas that system doesn't hold up. I tend to wear something in the day and then change for night. But I can't pack for #ofDaysx2 and still carry on, so I have to get creative.

The thing I forget the most is my white noise machine. I know there are apps I can get on my phone, but I love my white noise machine and prefer to bring it. I forgot it on my trip last week and it was dearly missed in the mornings when I wished I was still sleeping instead of listening to my neighbors take a shower at 6am. :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.