1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First Class Flights... when to buy?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by suthrnoutlw, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top Dog

Top Dog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a $200 fee, so re-booking doesn't usually make sense for me (but I never noticed a $500 drop!). That's a great benefit for Mosaic members though.

2. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, flying from SAN (San Diego) to the East Coast, boyfriend and I just get regular tickets, then upgrade to first class at the airport. We've had luck on redeye flights and regular flights, and last time we did it coming back from Florida, it was only a $75/pp upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im looking at ORD-LAS in August and on AA I found some F fares for 689 rt all in. These are mid-day flights not red-eyes, that is hard to beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A belated YES, but that could have been because I am Mosaic, which means I can cancel or change flights with no change fee. Even if there had been a $100 fee/ticket, anyone could still save $600 in repurchasing or changing the original tickets.

Edited to add: Just realized I responded a month ago. :)

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From CLT, I would do AA as they have nonstop flights. I do not care about power ports or IFE as we always take and watch our Ipad. First class at that point is about the same on DL or AA. Going through Atlanta you might get a widebody to Vegas. Just did a quick check and did not see any.

And yes, they sell both refundable and non-refundable first class tickets.

Delta also has a buy an upgrade option. You buy a coach ticket and every time you log in, you are presented with a price to upgrade. You can take it or not. You can also check the seats that are assigned to get an idea how the flight is going. As they get down to a few seats, the price goes up. If nobody is buying, sometimes the price will drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.