1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pick up and Drop Off

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by TheNewUnion, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNewUnion

TheNewUnion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Quick question for you, one which I have been unable to find an answer for and not something I have faced before. With the introduction of Parking Fees I was wondering how the pick up and drop off situation works.

On check out I wanted to drop my bags at the bell desk, run some errands then pick up my rental car (off strip) to drive back to the hotel, load my bags and then head off to Utah.

Can I do that? Would I need to park in the parking garage, grab bags and try to do it in under an hour for the free parking, or can I just roll up in the valet, get the bags from the bell hop and then drive out afain free of charge?

Cheers

TNU

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the hotel I suppose, but in that situation, I would just pull into the main lane, either as close to the bell desk as you can get, or at the far forward end of the lane so you're not blocking anything. I wouldn't use the valet lane or park in the garage. Just check out the entrance area when you're there and see how things operate.

All the strip hotels have a car rental desk, for CET it's Hertz and for MLife it's Avis. If you didn't already, you might want to price out what it would cost to start your rental at the hotel.

3. trebis

trebis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year, at the end of my roundtrip, I stayed at NYNY. Went there by car, parked in their garage, checked in, left my bags in my room, went to my car and left the garage in significantly less than an hour - without any haste. Then I took the car back to the rental service. This should also work the other way round.
    So maybe you run your errands first, then get your car, go back to your hotel, grab your bags from your room, check out and go to Utha without any parking fees... ?

4. TheNewUnion

TheNewUnion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all, apologies for the delayed reply. Once I settle on a hotel I will see what the rules are and, if there's not much in the price, I could just pick up the car there.
    Thanks again

5. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My situation is a little different in that I’ve done deliveries at a few places on and near the Strip. I’ve pulled up to the valet attendant and informed them that I just need to make a quick delivery and ask if it would be possible to leave my car here. Every time they have said yes, no problem, of course I grease their palm with a couple of bucks too, that always helps.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.