1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 drunk brits - live(ish) 24/6 to 8/7, 14 nights, anniv/ oh f*ck I’m 40/ geez I need a Vegas trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Nikkid21, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Very early pre trip post
    Hopefully the lovely people that run the board will move it over when the time comes

2 drunk brits - live(ish) 14 nights, 18th/25th anniv/ oh f*ck I’m 40/ geez I need a Vegas trip

Right then , here we go again - deep breath and warning this will inevitably be long, mostly drunk and rambling

Previous trips shown through this link ( in a fashion ), expect more of the same

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/liveish-2-brits-12-nights-low-rolling-pools-booze-and-garbage-tickets.155380/

This is a much needed trip. Immediately after landing from our October trip I called my mum to discover that my dad had been in hospital for the past week. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was only 61 and he died on December 10th. That bastard disease gave him only 68 days between diagnosis and his passing . We looked after him at home all the way through and his funeral was 3 days after Xmas .

It’s been phenomenally shit and if I do drunken ramble posts this might give some context. Much of the time I’m fine but I’m still a woman on the edge - get between me and my gin at your peril !

Anyway.....

This trip is just for J and I. It’s our 18th wedding anniversary on July 7, we’ve been together 25 years on July 2nd and I turned 40 at the end of April(don’t do the maths it makes us look bad ) and we have a lot of love to celebrate. J’s gem of a dad is coming to look after the teens (now 17 and 15) and we are having 2 weeks of NOT BEING SENSIBLE

Plan is this (ish )

Fly into LAX (standby but hoping to be towards the pointy end of the plane in a big seat ) and drive to vegas

3 nights Mandalay Bay (2comp, one cheap, $50 resort credit ) - gamble drink repeat until we kick jet lag’s butt

4 nights cable mountain lodge in Zion with hiking (don’t worry I’ll just shove some photos up rather than blather on about the nature stuff)

4 nights Wynn - fancy but free via Wynn slots app - also have tix for post modern jukebox at mirage - pool days , shows (considering Robbie Williams via ticket master resale ) and cheapo gamble slumming at strat or sls

4 nights four seasons - properly paid for out of pocket but sod it, dad died and life is short.

Actually got a good deal with a preferred travel agent that includes space available room upgrade , room service breakfast daily , late checkout , and $100 each of resort and spa credit ) - chill pool days and gamble wherever we fancy but seeing as it’s a holiday weekend I can see us playing at Luxor / downtown / some godforsaken hole in boulder

We have a stupid amount of myvegas bogof to use (or not )after the premium item policy change - planning some cocktail bar crawls.

My Vegas premiums are my Konami freeplay and Brad Paisley tix on the 4th at the MB events centre.

Also via my Vegas we have Wolfgang puck meals plus I got a couple of very cheap x-country tix on eBay because who doesn’t enjoy country music and boobs !

Have done some tier matching via hotel loyalty and got diamond at ceasars so have 2 show tickets for June and July plus $100 diamond dinner to burn too on my account. We don’t give Caesars properties much play at all so this will just be a one time deal . Hopefully will do a similar trick for J next year.

I will be knackered as working at Royal Ascot races on 18th to 22nd taking bets at my new job on the tote . People watching is amazing but I still have no clue how to pick a winner.

Ready ? Cos we are

Edit

Plan has already changed as flight loads are better on Sunday so we are looking at flying direct to Vegas then. Have booked one night at Mandalay on J’s Mlife account for $49 in the same room type so hopefully we can link reservation

Look like we now have 15 nights away inc 12 in Vegas

• Like Like x 13
    • Love Love x 7
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. kevin853

kevin853 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awful about your dad :(

Have an amazing time :)

3. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of luck, and so sorry to hear about your dad :( Sounds like a hard year!

I’ll be following along (& the nature stuff sounds awesome!) - hope you win big and eat some good food! :D

4. MrsOooteedee

MrsOooteedee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m sorry about your dad.

I hope you have an amazing trip.

Enjoy Ascot it’s crazy but fun! My mum used to work in the florist on the high street many moons ago and I used to bunk of school Royal Ascot week to help out as they got so busy! £2p/h I got paid lol but loved the people watching!

5. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sorry to hear about your dad.

I do remember your other trip reports. Have a great trip- I hope you have a wonderful time!

• Like Like x 2
  6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry about the loss of your Dad :(

7. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry about your dad. I was in Vegas when my mum died, so I can sort of relate.

Enjoy your trip, sounds like you deserve a good one.

I’ll be following along.

8. Traveling1

Traveling1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also making a side trip to Zion in the middle of my Las Vegas trip and staying a couple days at Cable Mountain Lodge, so will be looking forward to your photos of that area.

9. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have an amazing trip! So sorry to hear about your dad.

10. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Condolences.

Remember to get into the car on the left side, and drive on the right side. Otherwise it will take much longer to get where you are going.

I would be afraid to drive in the UK for fear of inadvertently driving on the wrong side of the road.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very sorry about your father's passing and at such a young age. I am sure he is smiling from heaven about your trip plans.

On a brighter note, I gotta tell you you had me hooked on your report with the title. LOVIN' every aspect of your plans. You land 3 days before I do (I didn't move my countdown but am now traveling a day early) and leave the day after I depart.

I don't look at the boards much while there except to share info (like if the Encore slot tourney is on!) but we'll be at Wynncore at the same time so PM me if you want to connect. Either way, I hope you and your hubby have a blast!!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope you all have a wonderful time <3

13. Skybird

Skybird Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear about your dad....Looking forward to reading your TR.

14. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]All packed and ready to head off tomorrow am. We don’t pack light but this is 15 nights worth of stuff for 2 people

So ready for this after working at Royal Ascot races for the last 5 days. 12 hour days in the cash cage meant counting oodles of money but no horse or people watching

Couple of photos of the inside of the grandstand and parade ring for anyone who wants a sense of scale. We had over 300000 people in over the 5 day meet.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all of the condolences - Father’s Day last week was fought but we made it through and I will be having a pint of Guinness for him in Vegas

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sadly, there is not a sympathy icon but I've been in your shoes. Get out there and have one (or a dozen) for him; I'm sure he knows and would be egging you on (or laughing or both. Can only riff off my own father and experience). Also I can't imagine working the circus that is Ascot. I hope you have a blast in Vegas and enjoy every minute! :beer:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty rubbish photo but that’s Queen Elizabeth arriving in the carriage . It’s quite emotional as everyone cheers and raises their top hats as she comes into the parade ring

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting the amazing photos. Very cool!

And love the colorful luggage. :love: (I am somewhat of a luggage freak. LOL.)

Safe travels and wishing you a spectacular trip!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot you will be going to Zion. I think that is my favorite national park that I have visited to date. After celebrating with my big brother and friends in Vegas for my 50th birthday, I spent the next couple of days solo at Zion and then Bryce. Five years later that experience is still with me. I hope you enjoy that amazing part of your trip as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels. Lost my father many years ago. -- Lung cancer -Cigarettes :cry:he was only 60.

20. Nikkid21

Nikkid21 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Well first win is that we have seats on the plane - always a gamble on standby

However it’s a remote stand so we are off on a bus ride around Heathrow

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.