1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

You know your trip is getting closer when you....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Pea, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slim down a few pounds 2-3 weeks before. Because I'll eat what I want in Vegas. Add in walking, damage won't be as bad.

Look at weather, so I know what to wear.

Vegas 2024 Part 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (When I....)
    I empty the contents of my change container into a large ziplock bag and take it to the closest Coinstar machine, usually at the grocery store where my wife and I shop on Sundays. Normally, I fly out solo on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so when we do the grocery shopping for the week I'm to be in Vegas, there is much less to buy. So, I stand in front of that machine emptying that bag into it from the nightly "pocket dumps" since my last Vegas trip. It's not a fortune, but it's usually a nice enough amount to put towards tips, airport food, etc. Last trip, I netted just about 100.00. That's my project that sends the Vegas electricity to my brain!

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. AndyG

AndyG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love listening to Mark and Dr. Mike .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You make a comment on the Board to see How many days left

• Like Like x 3
  5. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could not with one follow up

6. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are different phases.
    Phase 1 is 90 days out knowing you can shop Groupon.

7. Slacker

Slacker Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check the airline seatmap to see if there is a 1st class upgrade available I can possible get a discount on at checkin

8. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize I need dry cleaning and not sure when I'll have time before I leave, need a hair cut soon, finally finishing unpacking from last trip so I can re-pack bags, collecting players cards and cash in stacks and making a checklist of things to not forget. Also the hitting up ATM when ever I pass a no-fee place to keep from hitting my daily withdrawal limits and get my gambling budget in cash (although this time Im actually going to the bank so no constant ATM trips). Oh and I've just pre-ordered the meals for my flights. What am I forgetting...

9. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on this forum more than I should be, and I double and triple check all comp offers and organize a plan of attack!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a list for myself that I start checking off the week before, stuff like scheduling airport transportation on both ends, confirming things like other normal people. The non normal is in progress now for a trip hopefully on Monday. A visit to the vet this afternoon will determine whether that is going to happen. Taking my place here while I'm gone a few days is not for the faint of heart. Depending on who is ailing and to what degree, DH does my chores. Occasionally I've had a vet tech come out when fluids, shots, etc. needed to be given. Medications aren't too bad right now.

Food, both dry and canned have to be labeled according to health issues and allergies for both the house cats and cat barn cats.

When all this stuff is done, I know my trip is getting close! My vet knows I'm gone and I book multiple flights home in case it hits the fan. :rolleyes:

trip1.jpg
    trip3.jpg

trip2.jpg
    trip4.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...see the luggage mysteriously appear in the sitting room. Silently standing by, waiting. Just waiting .

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sitting room? How wonderfully southern of you, Dean!! Parlour occupied?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

When I check the extended forecast and it shows the day i arrive. Then it feels real.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me:

1. Start the GroupMe chat with friends (if going) to plan activities
    2. Check weather
    3. Reserve any shows, VIP tables, etc

NFL Week 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LVRaiders

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping this since I'm roughly a week out, which means the mental packing begins

NFL Week 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bela Oxmyx

Bela Oxmyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pick out my "victims" usually 2-3 days before I leave. Victims are shirts that I will bring to Vegas, wear and throw away - usually 3 to 4 victims per trip. These are shirts that are in good shape and still reasonably in style but I have grown bored of them so they get the one-way trip. I do not know why I do this. I'm starting to give the same treatment to my socks. Exciting, eh? Sorry to hear about Percy the bird, my 97 year old Uncle had a bird that recently died. Uncle does not remember how old the bird was but he thinks he has had it for about 40 years and it was old when he got it. I remember it when I was a youngster, we would get the bird to start swearing - loads of fun.

17. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A month out- i start logging in here more frequently, we start checking CAD-USD rates, MyVegas rewards to redeem, groupon / travelzoo.
    A few weeks out, wardrobe refresh and my wife will start breaking in any new shoes she plans on bringing on the trip.
    The week of, the VMB logins become almost hourly if not more, I start reading trip reports more closely for ideas. Check luggage to make sure there are no surprises, because no one likes to find a ripped zipper the evening before fly - a good time to pack your favorite pills like Aleve / Pepto / etc. I skip drinking for a few days before the trip. Finally, activate my travel sim card and the last thing before I leave Toronto is get a manicure.

• Like Like x 3
  18. LVRaiders

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a carry on bag zipper break a few years back on the way home. Ended up buying an ugly bag in the Miracle Mile shops to get my stuff home. Wont happen again haha

NFL Week 1
  19. shawn_d

shawn_d Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to buy a roller bag at a sketchy store next to the Wynn years ago, so I always make sure the zippers are nice and fluid. On that note, Costco has a fairly decent deal on the Delsey Titanium and its lighter than the Heys we have.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am about 7.5 weeks away (but who's counting) and I'm starting to plan my time on day planner sheets. I'll do a few versions of this and by mid trip I'll scrap the whole thing. It keeps me from forgetting all the stuff I want to do, and I'll at least hit a few new things off of my to-do list! I really want to visit the Plaza and downtown this time, but I'm not sure I'll make it...to be determined.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.