$20 Bellagio

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. henry332411

henry332411 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying on the 2nd and 3rd of January. I booked through an offer sent to me by mlife. The first night was comped and the second night was a reduced rate for a basic king room, no view. When i spoke to the guy who booked the room, he told me that the 2nd and 3rd were probably going to be very slow and that there was still a lot of availability in the suites

is there any chance a tip could get me upgraded to one of those suites he spoke of? id be willing to tip $100 for that but im worried that it would just get me a strip or fountain view room haha

any advice on how i can go about getting into a suite in my situation? thanks in advance

2. Diana Flores

Diana Flores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am checking in today and will try the $20
    I'll check back later.

Ps. I booked on 2 comp nights through myvegas

3. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to hear! We're staying two nights comped in two weeks, a Thursday and Friday night. We already have a fountain view so not sure what we can go far

4. henry332411

henry332411 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any updates?

5. Diana Flores

Diana Flores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately the opportunity to do the $20 trick did not work for me however the gentleman was very kind and the offer two queen beds instead of the usual King because that's what we needed he needed to make a call in order to find out if it was any more rooms. I do want to point out that there were a lot and I mean a lot of people checking in so I am not sure if I had much to do with Choices also the manager was next to this guy and there was another person or reception is waiting to come in her time shift so I didn't feel the need to use the $20 but too many people around. He was kind enough to put us on a to bed room.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried the $20 trick at check in last night. We had a fountain view king booked comp . He took my credit card and 20 and id and as soon as I asked he said nothing was available. Our room is on the 9th floor and he never offered the 20 back

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  7. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch! I am sorry to hear that you got ripped off. Two years ago, the 20$ sandwich kind of worked out fine for me.

8. RTD022219

RTD022219 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas in April. I've got a split stay, 2 nights at Bellagio and 4 nights at Paris. I've used the $20 sandwich for years at Paris so I know that shouldn't be an issue. However, should I even try it at Bellagio? Based on past posts, it seems to be much more of a miss than a hit.

9. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd still try it, no harm. Just be realistic about what you might get and go in with an idea of what you want (i.e. fountain view, high floor, later check-out etc).

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ryan1469

ryan1469 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any updates on successful $20 tricks. Planning to stay on a 2 night comp. Is it possible to be upgraded?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  11. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I arrive this Sunday (6/16) at Bellagio and will see how it goes. Hoping a post-holiday weekend Sunday check-in, $100, and maybe some attempted charming small talk will do some sort of magic. We have a Queen Fountain View booked, and it looks like plenty of suites are still available about 36 hours from check in. -fingers crossed-

12. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So what did you get?

• Like Like x 1
  13. KuyyaJef

KuyyaJef Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be warned, the following is an excessive play-by-play.

Well, I came before that official 3pm check in (around 1:45pm) on Father’s Day Sunday, and the line looked a bit long, but was only 20 minutes or so. They seemed well staffed with about 10-12 people working the desk. The wait in line was more than enough time for me to “size up” the staff. My luck, sarcastically, had me going to a younger woman that I was worried about as she was the only one who had a stern face for every guest she was checking in.

We shared pleasantries when I walked up, she perked up reflecting my energy, both of us asking how each other was doing. She asked if it was our first visit to the Bellagio, which I think may have lead to our outcome... it was. It was pleasant, however.

I handed her the $100 sandwich. She placed everything on the counter saying “we’ll just place this here for now”. I asked if it would help in getting any upgrades, and she said she would look into it.
    While typing, she mentioned that she could probably find something but it would be a charge and we might be sacrificing the fountain view.

After looking for a whole one minute, she said the best she could do for an upgrade was to a Salone Suite for $125/night for each of the two nights we were staying, emphasizing that it would be a “strip view with a partial view of the fountains around the corner”. She even brought out a little booklet with a description and photo showing us the suite... info I had already looked into, days ahead. I said that was a bit too much for the upgrade that it was, and said we would be fine with what we had.

She then told us that we were originally going to be on the 9th floor, but she said she would try to get us on a higher floor. She originally said 17th. I asked if higher was possible, she then said 29th, but we would have to wait for it to be cleaned. Then she said she found a 25th that was ready. We went for it, and settled on a room that is literally next door to what I believe is a Cypress Suite; she brought out another little booklet showing us where it was on a floor map. We then processed all the good stuff, and then she asked if there was anything else she could do for me, I asked her If she could break my $100 bill, she said “of course” in a very genuine way. I gave her a $20 from it, thanking her for at least trying. We then went on our way.

In the end, I’m glad with what we got. It’s nice being higher up and the view can’t beat with the Eiffel Tower across the street lighting up with the fountains every now and then. We’re very close to the elevators which is nice and convenient. For our first time in Bellagio, the room is pretty spacious for a standard room. The only issue we had is that two of the four room keys were not activated correctly, and we had to run downstairs to get the, fixed. Maybe I could have asked for more details and went about it all differently, but I’m content. We definitely did better than we could have without trying anything, and this was great practice for whenever our next trip to Vegas will be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider what you got was good enough.
    $20 trick is a dying business. Jim Murren & Co. know the trick better than us.
    For those "upgrades" they will give out to guests nonetheless, such as higher floors,
    they are glad to take the $20 or whatever, and leaving an impression of good custom service.
    I f you really want steal big suite for cheap, which cuts their bottom line, no way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Matt H

Matt H Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed the first weekend in April for the opening night(s) of Aerosmith's residency, which happened to be an incredibly busy weekend.

Booked a strip view king and really wanted to see if we could get any suites so tries the $100 trick. Young guy, super nervous. He called around to see what he could do, but no suite. I swapped the $100 for a $50 and I told him I'd still really appreciate if there were any upgraded rooms available.

He was able to move us to a high floor fountain view for $50 extra per night but he waived the resort fees for our stay, so essentially a wash. Got a little better room & much better view. Might not have been quite worth a $50 but we were content with it

16. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Bellagio for 2 nights during Halloween, using a MyVegas free room (so a regular king room).

I gave the check-in clerk $50 and we were upgraded to a King Room with a fountain view, right in the middle of the hotel, so a direct view of the fountains.

• Like Like x 1
  17. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked a four night stay for May on a Tower Fountain King comped. This is our first stay at Bellagio in the 12 years we have been going.

We did however get an upgrade thru our MyVEGAS host to a Cypress Suite :) will be interested in what if any upgrade would be offered upon arrival @11:30 am on a Monday :)

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. Darvin Hamm

Darvin Hamm MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh sorry...

We got the Cypress Suite comped and....

I got another custom reward to drive 5 laps in a black 2019 Corvette ZR1 pushing 755 hp. And a $400.00 resort credit.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HoppinHardWays

HoppinHardWays VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How often would one get upgraded from the standard room just by asking at check in?

Labor Day!