1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2020 BConnected Status Email

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasGroove, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone else get theirs? I received an email at 12:19p CST saying:

Congratulations,
    You are Sapphire!
    Now - 2020

I'm just a lowly Sapphire, but I guess they are excited about it that they sent an email announcing it.

Yay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got the same email. At least we should still get room comps because of the Sapphire level.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you guys get the 750 tier credit points to qualify for Sapphire?

I'm getting close. I have 574 points on my card. Getting about 250 tier points for each trip (2 trips in 2019, they gave me almost 80 points when they switched over reward changes) so my next trip in September should put me over the top for Sapphire. I usually play at least $21 on the megabucks machine once a day at the Boyd properties so that alone should get me halfway of the 250 tier points I need (for a 6 day stay).

I know many people don't like the reward changes Boyd implemented but I'm getting more right now (comped nights) than in previous years. Hope that they give me more comped nights. Unfortunately not sure if I will go to vegas 3x a year in the future so not sure how long I will be sapphire.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had 500 now I am up to over 1100 tier points. I was just at the Sun Coast for 3 nights. I play video poker at the quarter level. I hit a Royal while I was there so I think that it helped. I still get 2 nights comped, no change there. They did comp the 3rd night room but I had to pay the resort fee. We shall see what comes in the mail for future offers.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info! Right now I get 2 nights comped, looks like every quarter. I was hoping that I would get more comped nights but guess I should be happy I get 2 nights comped. Prior to this year I never got comped nights, with the exception of decades ago when I first started going to vegas.

6. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I got it last week.
    With the play I gave them in May, I knew I had all ready kept my Sapphire level for another year.

I wanted to respond......thanks for a stupid email, now get EFFING RID OF YOUR EFFING STUPID "NEW" PLAYERS CARD SYSTEM!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nivek82

Nivek82 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question for those that received the email were you this status already coming into this year or was this newly achieved for this year? I'm asking as I didn't get the email but was this status into this year but have more than the 750 credits already this year. When I look on-line it still shows the status until the end of this year so I'm confused. I've got another trip planned so I'm not worried about it just wondering.

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, when Boyd did their upchuck system vamp last year, I was Sapphire already. They did something to the effect that Sapphires would get a bonus 500 TCs going into 2019. I can't remember exactly how it went, but at the end of last year I was deemed Sapphire through 12/31/2019 with that bonus 500 tier credit. With a trip last month staying/playing at Orleans, I have 1075 TCs. Then the email came last week congratulating me on remaining Sapphire trough 2020.

I don't sweat Boyd status anymore. I still like the Orleans and will continue to stay there as long as they keep sending me the comped nights, free slot dollars and food credit.

9. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same as VegasGroove.
    "given" 500 pts toward Sapphire, even though I was that before.
    Played enough in May to go way past the needed 750 pts to remain Sapphire for another year.

10. Kcitsme

Kcitsme Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me as one of those who was Sapphire in 2018, had all tier points taken away, and then given 500 tier points to start the new year. I was just there at the end of May and earned more than enough tier points to stay Sapphire for 2019. I received the email that congratulated me on remaining Sapphire so I am good to go for this year. :D

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of you will lose your tier credits at the end of the year. Whether Boyd starts you off in 2020 with some credits like they did the beginning of this year to "get you started" remains to be seen.

So even though you start next year with zero or little points, whatever tier status you earned in 2019 is what you will start off with in 2020. So it is possible to start 2020 as a Sapphire or higher with less points than it takes to be one.

But you've got to earn points in 2020 if you want to maintain it in 2021 and so forth and so forth, rinse and repeat.

My Bil is finding out it is easier for him now to get to Emerald. He is a slot player. He is very close to that tier so he is chasing it (to Boyd's ultimate delight), spending his hard earned money so he can have a green card and cut the lines, lol! As for me I'll never be anything but Sapphire the way I play and the games I play. I play craps and VP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't get the email but last year I was a Ruby cardholder. This year they made me sapphire and gave me 80 tier credits so I had to put in some play to get 750 TC's. So far after 2 trips to vegas I have about 570 TC's so my next vegas trip I should make the 750's TC.

This year it looks like I'm getting 2 comped nights each quarter so guess it's better than when I was Ruby where I didn't get any comped nights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.