1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Cabana minimum or fee?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jhpa, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a daybed at MGM for $100

On the website it says “$100 DAILY RATE” and “F&B MINIMUM INCLUDED IN DAILY RATE” . I took that to mean that the $100 we pay is a minimum to be used toward the purchase of food and beverage

In the fine print of the reservation page, it says: “All cabana, daybed and reserved seating rates are a flat rate rental fee. Any food and/or beverage purchased will be on a separate bill.” This seems to say we pay $100 in addition to any food or beverage we purchase.

Anybody know which it is?

2. Travis Scott

Travis Scott Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea the $100 is primarily to reserve your day bed or cabana and then anything else you order, you pay for as well

3. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have a source for this info?

At MGM Grand and Cosmo they are quite clear in stating that the rental fee is something you can then use towards f & b and they only charge you the difference if not made up.

Afaik MGM grand daybeds are F&b spends as normal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Each pool has their own fine print. If you look under MGM Grand it says "The Cabana/Daybed and POD rate is a food and beverage minimum. Any food and beverage purchased above the minimum will also be added to the total bill." The other resorts are fees. It's so fun--hope you have a great time!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where did you see that? I hope you are correct.

6. Parkermama102

Parkermama102 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're a tough sell! :) I selected an MGM Grand daybed on a random day & then it gives you the page to pay. Under Deposit Due now, there's the Cabana Reservation Terms & Conditions. First one is Bellagio so you scroll down to MGM. We have done the MGM cabanas before & loved that it is a F&B credit. Not to say they wouldn't change that in the future but you should be good to go for this year.

7. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM Grand it is a minimum spend-so the $100 is credited to your food and beverage (auto gratuity is added-I think it was 20%). Did this last summer no problem-and the service was great.

At all the other M Life pools it is a rental fee.

8. ngrund

ngrund High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. NWAKALUM08

NWAKALUM08 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this last summer too. And I agree with what was said before, the service was amazing and we had a great time. We used the $100 on two full breakfast meals and a bucket 5 tall aluminum beers. We were in the quiet adults only section. We really liked the quiet because you could always come back after going to the more active parts of the pool.

10. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup highly recommend doing this at MGM - did a cabana last summer and had an amazing day. The value can't be beat with the price going directly towards F&B. As mentioned, Cosmo is this way as well.

I can't fathom why anyone would ever spend money on a daybed/cabana that is a rental only fee at any of the other properties. Absolutely poor value proposition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NovaGirl98

NovaGirl98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know what the MGM "Premium Daybed" options are? Seems to be a new option and I don't recall seeing any "wet deck chaises submerged right next to the Lazy River" during our trips in prior years.

12. NovaGirl98

NovaGirl98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Images for clarification. I've always booked poolside bed in the past, but we have more people traveling with us and the premium daybed says up to 8 people.
    Untitled.png
    Untitled2.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  13. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we had a Cabana at the MGM over Memorial weekend, and it was $1800 - which all went towards F&B. Of course we did not spend that much, so we just ordered bottles of wine and had that sent to our room until we had spent the $1800

14. Wabashabi

Wabashabi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Premium daybeds are in the center of the lazy river where the huge waterfall is. Theres a big area thats only a couple inches deep that has the wet loungers. So you get the standard daybed in that area but you also get 4 wet loungers. F&B is not included on those daybeds though.

15. mycatnormie

mycatnormie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes the Premium Daybed is a new offering at MGM Grand. I called to inquire a few months ago and they explained you get a daybed plus 4 in-water loungers so that's why you can have up to 8 people. These are located in the grotto area of the lazy river (where the big waterfall is). Hope this helps!

16. NovaGirl98

NovaGirl98 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome to hear! I like that area and can picture the in-water loungers being in that shallow space. Could you help me out with what number you called to reach the pool complex team?

I hadn't noticed that the F/B logo was not present, thanks for pointing this out. I'll definitely have to call and confirm this, but I'd be surprised if it truly was not included since all other MGM pre-reserved seating other than the chairs includes this. I'm hoping it's an oversight!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  17. Norman Chad

Norman Chad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. What kind of cabana was that?! $1800?! When I booked one at Bellagio I remember the most expensive being $1000 and that was for up to 25 people and had a small private pool.

18. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

As far as I know, Wynncore is the only property where it's a straight rental fee and the F&B is charged on top...personally, I'd rather do a table at the Encore Beach Club as I'm spending to earn towards a minimum and drinks are similarly priced. On MDW, they were charging $650 for their least expensive day bed. That said, they do offer water and soda as part of the rental.

19. Jordanmac1998

Jordanmac1998 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the premium daybed yesterday and the person on the phone said it was F&B

20. gregster44

gregster44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I reserved a premium daybed a few months ago for my upcoming trip and never noticed the logo was missing, $120 so pretty cheap, but the terms under my booking don't state anything about it not included

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.