1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What time I should leave the Luxor to the airport?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, so what is the absolute latest I should take a Lyft from the Luxor to the airport? I want to squeeze as much time out of this trip as possible.

I have a 5:45 AM flight on a Monday morning. I don't plan on sleeping the night before. I am thinking, if I leave at 4:15am, which puts me at McCarran at 4:25 AM. I should be able to make it. I can't imagine the airport being that packed that early.

• It's a domestic flight with Southwest and I only have one carry-on. No need to check any bags.
    • I will have my boarding pass on the app. So no need to check-in at the ticket counter.
    I do NOT have clear or anything that puts me through security quicker. Just the general line.

Thoughts?

July 19th - July 24th
  2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be fine. Chances are pre-check will not be open if you even happen to get it.

We have opened that line twice in the past... can not remember the time... but not that early.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are leaving too early, lol, if your goal is to maximize trip time. With your boarding pass, check in luggage, you can get there at 5:00 am and be fine. Have the driver drop you off at zero level and take the escalator straight up to the TSA lines

• Like Like x 1
  4. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your time frame is about what I would do as well in your situation.
    I fly internationally back to Canada with a checked bag and I usually plan to get to the airport about an hour and 15 minutes before the flight as the check-in counter closes an hour before departure. So, although I don't have experience flying domestically in the US, nor have any experience flying out of Vegas at 5:45am... I would still feel comfortable recommending at least an hour before, but doesn't have to be much more than that.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good thought. But rideshare aren't allowed to drop off at zero level (unless they want to risk a fine).

And as someone who often leaves around that time, I have always found the pre-check line open at the security nearest the parking garage. The other security points, it might be closed. I think the OP's plan is fine, but I have seen the lines get kind of long that early in the morning, only because the airport isn't fully staffed that early

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful of long line at TSA in the morning.

7. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI. Last week we had 6 people in line with us at security at that time in the morning. We were thru in about 10 mins. But it looked to be fully staffed too. That was a Tuesday

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tesseract

Tesseract Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think your schedule looks fine. I would not want to miss my flight after staying up all night.

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday morning vs Monday morning, that's day and night.

10. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An hour ahead of your flight is more than enough time. I'm usually through security and to the gate in 20 minutes or less. When do they start boarding 520

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.