1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Advice On Coin-In for Upcoming Cosmo Trip

Discussion in 'Comps' started by spdandpwr, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

In about a week, I will be staying at Cosmo on a match offer from Wynn. Unfortunately, I like the Wynn too much to not pay them a visit. So I'm doing a one night teaser stint at the Cosmo. This allows me to scope the property to see if it's worth my time. With that, how much play do you think will be expected of me to cover the room and earn a future 3-night comp offer with no FP? We're talking about 80% slot play and 20% in VP. Ultimately, I'm hoping to achieve Sterling in a day.

And, as a follow-up question, I'm intending on bringing a $1,500 BR for this one night stint at Cosmo. Is that enough to garner $10k or so in coin-in? Or should I plan on $2k?

Thanks!

2. mhetrick

mhetrick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for "Sterling in a Day", you would need to coin-in $10,000 (1 tier point = $2.50 coin in) to earn the minimum 4,000. Depending on what you play and how lucky you get, you could reach that on an initial bankroll of $1,500 or $2,000. Or not, YMMV. Keep in mind that VP rates are different as well (1 tier point = $6 coin in). Another thing to keep in mind is that Cosmo gives you 5 tier points for every dollar you spend on hotels, food, spa and dining. You could make up some difference there if your coin in doesn't quite make it. Once you make Sterling, you automatically get 1 room night to redeem for a year.

New players do typically get a "teaser offer" for 3 nights a few days after signing up for Identity, so be sure to register your account online and check for the offer. In addition, Cosmo has sent me emails after I've played there a couple days later with some free play I can get if I'm still in Vegas, so it's worth a check as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What room type are you in at Cosmo? The value of that determines how much you need to cover. Are they giving you any additional throw-ins?

It would be safer to have a $2k bankroll to insure $10k coin-in on slots, but if you're not playing $20/spin all the time, a $1,500 bankroll should get you at least $7,500 coin-in, and I think that would get you a 3 night offer.

It would be nice to make Sterling, but it's not critical, it's not going to determine your follow-up offers.

I would stick to 100% slots for your exploratory night.

• Like Like x 2
  4. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Theyre upgrading me to a terrace studio. One King bed. I just want to be sure I don't botch the host relationship / offer because I "underplayed"

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $7,500 coin-in is way more than enough to cover a Studio.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Okay, perfect! I'm thinking of covering it and ensuring future offers. Glad to see I don't have to go too crazy

7. MacAttack

MacAttack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in March on a 2 night Teaser offer with Fountain View Studio Terrace. I ended up with just under 12K tier points - played a mix of Craps and Slots (with some VP thrown in). I budgeted $800 a day and am now receiving three comp nights offers from them. $1500 BR seems about right for one night to easily cover the room and to hit Sterling. We (myself and Mrs M) both loved the Cosmo but prefer the Wynn (and the Bellagio too). That said, I am going to go back for one night in September on a solo trip and to keep the relationship going with them. Food options are amazing (as good, if not better than the Wynn's). Hopefully they will give you a terrace with a fountain view as that was one the best things about our stay (and we usually have a fountain view from the Bellagio).

Half Solo - Bellagio Trip
  8. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your bankroll should be good. 10K coin in is the right target and should get you 3 comp day offers and you should be able to hit that with $1500 (10K coin in may even get you some FB / FP). If you run very poorly on slots and you are below 7500 coin in, you can consider dropping another $500 if that is within your budget, but you should be able to get there with $1500.

As other have suggested, if your goal is optimizing your offers then keep it at 100% slots and no VP for that day

9. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

No VP? But I love VP haha. Thanks for the advice all

10. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that was a serious post and not just a joke, then you should definitely play VP. I assumed that you pretty much like slots and VP equally so I was 'optimizing' your cosmo offer based on that. At the end of the day, we gamble for fun and comps are just a bonus. Play what you enjoy and comp yourself if needed ... always the best strategy

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could play VP, but Cosmo doesn't treat VP that great comp-wise since they consider "exact theo" with VP.

$10k coin-in of various slots (assuming 10% hold) and $50k of dollar 7/5 Bonus would roughly give you the same offer.

12. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Woah, good to know! Although that 10% hold is pretty generous...I've been feeling the pinch lately on slots. We're talking over-20% hold. Imagine a 7k loss on 23.7k coin-in!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather not. Lol

Hopefully Cosmo treats you better than that!!!

14. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I come prepared for variance! Also, I leave as soon as I hit a win...seems like that's not the GTO move because a lot of slot videos I watch seem to exhibit a pattern of stay and play and cutting losses early.

15. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh, it doesn't really matter much. But moving more frequently will help slow your play down.

16. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go get some chicken strips at block 16 to break up the gambling

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I was thinking of eating at milos...because greek lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

The real question is if I'll ever see you in Vegas again. Damn that was fun1

19. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha. I hope to keep going to Vegas often to keep your chances up!

• Love Love x 1
  20. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every time I am in Vegas I say this is the time I make it to Milo’s but next time for sure

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.