1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Unique and/or Romantic “Wow” Dining Experience? Your Suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas_or_bust, May 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I used to go to Vegas 3 to 4 times per year. However, the frequency of those trips have slowed considerably since we started having kids. We are making our triumphant return to Vegas in late August, and I would like to surprise her with a unique and/or romantic dining experience. To provide a frame of reference, in the past we have done swan court at Auerole, a table overlooking the fountains at Eiffel Tower, and “E” at Jaleo.

Do you have any recommendations of a similar nature for this trip? Cost isn’t really a concern, as we’ve been saving for this trip for a long time. One other note: I have looked into Joel Robuchon in the past and decided against it, as the menu is pretty wild for our tastes.
    Thanks!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the top of the world restaurant at The STRAT still open? if so, maybe that. You've done the fountain view and the E experience. And if you're not interested in the Rubochon menu, then you're probably not going to be interested in the other five star dining menus. So go for the Start view!!

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I am really keen on the outside seating at the Wynncore properties, but I think they lack the romanticism unless it's a slower night. They are willing, however, to accommodate specific needs. Have you tried Guy Savoy? There is a private chef's table experience. Rose.Rabbit.Lie (while not romantic) is a very enjoyable experience that can be supplemented with a romantic evening that includes a rose petal bath at your hotel. I'm more partial to that, frankly. And, again, is something that can be accommodated by the fine folks at Wynncore's Tower Suites

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best and, for us, most romantic dinner was a patio table at Prime. Right on the Bellagio lake. Even though there were other tables it felt like we were the only ones there. Great attentive service without it being intrusive and the food was fantastic.
    Whatever you decide...have a terrific time!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Strat idea, or go old school and try Hugo's Cellar inside Four Queens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that Hugo's Cellar (Four Queens) is a very romantic place. I have enough comp money saved up :feedme:, but no one to take :oops:.

If you want something dark and reasonably quiet, I would recommend Andiamo's (the D) or Bavette's (Park MGM).

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more suggestion is Top Of Binion's near sunset. Watch the sun go down and the city lights come on. Ask for the special occasion table which puts you in the corner with windows on both sides. Admittely, we wern't that impressed with the food, but the view is super at sunset.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all have distinct measures of "wow" or "romantic" and certainly "good eats."

I'm going to color outside the usual-response lines and suggest Marche Bacchus. Great food and wine, nice setting, nothing usual or cookie-cutter about it. I also think Bouchon does casual elegance with aplomb. But, really, it's Vegas, you have SCORES of options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's more important, food or experience/view/atmosphere?

• Like Like x 1
  10. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    His and hers cheeseburgers to go from heart attack grill, eaten while zipping down Slotzilla. Sorry, innocent bystanders below.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Wouldn't be the first time they got soiled....

12. airball1996

airball1996 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picasso at Bellagio fixed menu, with a fountain view.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good one. :thumbsup:

14. MacAttack

MacAttack VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Picasso is great as mentioned above. Romantic. Great food and service, picassos on the walls and the fountains too. Hard to beat. Le cirque has a great atmosphere and romantic too. Michael mina is my favourite for food and also for a special occasion, ro.antic but no spectacular view of the fountains. Prime me tioned above too - i seem to bellagio biased! I would probably lean to the company, ie mlife or cet that i was stayi g at to get the tier credits!

Half Solo - Bellagio Trip
    • Like Like x 2
  15. bagpipe1

bagpipe1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea of the cost for the fixed price menu at Picasso? No prices on their website.

16. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’d go with Picasso or my favorite Le Cirque.
    (If you choose Le Cirque, be sure to request a fountain view table for you and have them note it on the reservation).
    Le Cirque also has a pre theatre menu and opt. wine pairing which is reasonable, but you may prefer the full menu for more options. We’ve done both and never disappointed.

Have an awesome return to Vegas wherever you decide to dine.

IMO, Bavette is more of a speak easy, non quiet place, I wouldn’t place it in the romantic category. We ate there in early May and the music was a bit distracting.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at Skylofts, ask the butler to reserve you a spot for dinner in the Mansion Estate dining room. Very special, very romantic, and not that expensive all things considered.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was around $125 iirc...

19. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are going to try Costa di Mare at Wynn for our Anniversary dinner in about a week and a half. We have never eaten there but have enjoyed most of the other restaurants at Wynn. I reserved one of the outdoor cabana tables for the extra romantic value. They have a minimum spend of $150 per person for the cabanas but we are going to do the gran menu di mare which comes out to a little over $150 each anyways so it’s no problem. If you are wine drinkers I would imagine you could easily get over $300 for a couple even with a lighter meal. I will try to remember to provide an update on how that went in this thread if it’s something you might be interested in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Trunkrat

Trunkrat MIA

I would say Mermaids but it is no longer in existence. Coney Island at the d is very romantic.

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.