1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Upcoming V/P grind trip - what can I expect?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by spinette, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's almost time for my few-times-yearly trip. The plan is to play at 3-4 places at some moderate level and come back toward the end of the year. My gambling is almost exclusively done at the bar in the hopes of getting some decent shelf drinks, so here goes (one place per day over the course of one day):

M Resort: $20k coin-in at the bar
    Bellagio: $10k at the bar
    4Q: $20k "" "" ""
    Stations: $20k "" "" ""

What kind of offers (if anything) do you think each place will send out, if anything? Thanks, and say hi if you see me! :wave:

2. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe $70k coin-in at Bellagio and watch the offers flow in?

3. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question! I'm not sure how generous they'd be. Any suggestions/yours/others' experience would be welcomed.

4. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do realize you don't have to sit at the bar to get premium shelf drinks. The reason I mention it is the percentage loss you will be getting by playing at bar tops will be fairly high at the coin in rates you are talking about. If you play on the floor and/or especially in the high limit rooms (usually $1 denom or higher at the places you mentioned) you will still be able to get premium drinks.

I would expect you to get 2 - 3 free rooms on the next quarter mailing based on the levels of play you mentioned, possibly some small amounts of free play as well. You probably won't get free rooms at Bellagio but probably will for other MGM properties.

If I were you I would seriously consider playing at a Boyd property such as Orleans or Gold Coast, and at CET property as you probably will get some decent comps and find some favorable VP's.

5. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    70k coin in at 4Q might get you stock options.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyd was specifically left out because of what I read of others playing VP and only getting one tier credit every $100-$200 coin-in, but I'm not sure if people are getting less offers now. Are Orleans/GC fairly generous with comps these days?

7. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10 k coin in per day for 4 days will likely get you any night comped at most of the vet properties. I would think about concentrating your play wherever you're staying as an option.
    I would echo everyone else too. 20k coin in at the bar is either a long time or higher denomination. At quarters 20k is 20 hours at 800 hands per hour. I would think you are playing at least dollars and high limit rooms will probably offer better liquor more easily and a better game.

8. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly true for the other properties, but for Bellagio specifically, the $1 level at the sports bar offers the same paytables as the floor (at least what I could find). Don't think $1 VP is offered in Bellagio high limit

9. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Roger that! My idea was to come in and play big one day to keep a high average, but CET/MLife may be two of those places that want a couple of nights in action. Not sure about the 4Q either. I'm thinking that as an out-of-towner, these places wouldn't expect me to come more than one day and would invite me back to do the same or more--maybe around early July?

10. tonysb8

tonysb8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experiences recently with Stations and MLife:

Stations (Palace specifically) were sending 3 free nights, $100 in free play, $25-$40 in food and one day during your trip where you can use a 10X Slots & 6X VP point multiplier. They typically run 10X slots and 6X VP (no earn limits) every Mon-Wed on the regular. Plenty of full pay options and most of their properties have 8/5 Bonus with progressive at $.25 & $1 denominations at the bars. I've typically done about $30k coin in per day to give you an idea, all full pay VP, but none of the 100%+ games.

Side note, Stations are known for reducing mailers and "no mailing" VP players, that start showing good results. I had good trips in October, March & April...my mailers have now tapered to nothing. Maybe a coincidence? We'll find out soon. If you have any back end charges left at checkout, they won't comp as much after a winning trip. This happened to me last month. I did 88,888 coin in over 4 days at Palace. Finished up +$1,200. Had $160 in food charges left, plus a $30 per night suite upcharge. Host took care of $100 of the food, nothing else. I was not disappointed though, but I was now aware as I had a similar experience at Fiesta Henderson in March.

Stations offers can be very ambiguous as to what they are when you login to your online account. "see mailer for details" type language. You may or may not get the mailer. Sometimes I get the mailer half way through the promo time frame (Red Rock is notorious for this) You have to call and ask exactly what it includes at times. That is my experience thus far with Stations.

MLife VP is garbage, (especially at the bars) aside for the higher denominations typically found in their High Limit areas. I most recently seen $2 6/5 JoB at some bars. Bellagio does have $1 7/5 Bonus Progressives though. I like their properties for amentitites, shows, etc. I just play the best of the worst when staying on one of their comps a few hours a day to keep some room and board coming for a change of scenery/options which comes in handy depending on who is traveling with me & it's convenient for my trips that have touristy stuff mixed in the plans. Whatever happens, happens kinda thing.

Most recent bounce back offer I thought was good. I did 4 nights at Delano last October. I was staying on an upfront offer that included 4 free nights, $75 in play and $100 in Resort credit. I did about $45k coin over the four days, just a few hours play each day (as I was playing Stations the majority of each day) All my play was Mandalay Bay $.25 7/5 BP STP 3 line and $5 8/5 Bonus pot shots, which is where most my coin in came from. I thought I wouldn't get much in terms of future offers, as I figured I had low played them. However, my most recent offer is 4 free nights $150 in free play, and $100 resort credit. I booked it, GVR has a free shuttle to and from MBay :D Normally my MLife offers are 3-4 nights, $75 in play and $50-$100 resort credit. That'll slowly go away though, as my serious play ends up being off Strip.

I have no experience at M Resort & 4 Queens (yet) but I've heard and seen on other threads their offers are decent. There was a good 4 Queens thread recently talking about this. The recent offers some folks were reporting were looking good.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas and help you. Sorry about the lengthy post, I'm bored and having trouble sleeping. Good luck with whatever you do and have fun!

Cheers:beer:,

Tony

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @spinette
    You are absolutely right, if you are not staying on property they will calculate your ADT for 1 day if that's the only day you play there. If you play 2 days the ADT will be based on 2 days and so on. The main reason for my suggestion was to set you up for a decent comp structure with only 40k coin in vs 70k.
    Also, are you an established player anywhere currently from the places you are looking to hit? That will impact offers as well.
    I am very interested in where you are staying for this trip and why you aren't thinking about playing there?

12. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the detailed and very helpful post! Hopefully things won't be as bad as last time where I hit the Royal in the beginning of the trip, thought "well let's turn this into a hundred grand," marched right over to the Cosmo HL room, and left the Royal with them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually never stayed anywhere in MGM, so there's a curiosity factor too. My idea was to play for a few hours at one venue over the course of one day, leave it alone for awhile, and return once their executive hosts say

"Hello...y-y-yes. Hello? Is this Mr. Spinette? (Yes, this is Spinette.) Oh I'm so glad we were able to connect. Listen--I was watching you at the bar the other day, and I-I wanted to have you back. How does ten THOUSAND dollars and comped everything sound? (G...G-guh-guh-guh-Grrreat!) Terrific. A limo's on its way this minute and the jet is staged. Please let us know how we can make you feel at home. (Th-th-th-thuh-thanks!) <Soft click>"

To help effect this, I wanted to only play hard one day so the ADT would stay high, although some places want 2 or more trips it seems (which ones). Others have a 12-month lookback instead of 6 months (again, which ones), and will "see" my coming in for a few minutes in October and not playing much at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.