1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Suite You've Stayed In

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Norman Chad, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Universal

Universal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best room was the two-bedroom Skyloft. The downside is you're still in the MGM Grand, which I am not a fan of.

Best overall experience all things considered, a Panoramic Penthouse at Aria Sky Suites. I also love the One/Two Bedroom Penthouses.

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Eat, drink, be merry and roll points

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio Executive Parlor Suite. Enormous 1BR suite with a “media room” (big TVs and huge sectional couch), a dining table, a pool table, a bar, and 1.5 baths. Only downside is no view. Had it for my bachelor party and at times we had 20+ people in there hanging out, no problem.

For a more modest size group though you can’t beat the views from a terrace wraparound at Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the skysuites, but I am not a big fan of the panoramic suites because of the giant support pillar in the bedroom

I Need Spa
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been in many suites over the years of working and playing in Nevada.

Circus Circus - Reno - Literally two adjoining rooms with the wall between them torn down. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Went up there every other week on business for FHP Healthcare (workers comp). All rooms in town sold out, but the "suite" was around $60 per night, If I remember correctly.
    Casablanca - Mesquite - A small sitting/TV room and a bedroom. Very basic.
    Aquarius - Laughlin - Nice one bedroom suite with a very large kitchen area with a full sized dining table and a large TV area. When we had guests with us, we took the adjoining room to make it into a two bedroom suite. Overlooking the Colorado River.
    MGM - Las Vegas - My company (MGC Communications then, now MPower Communications) had its Christmas party there one year. They arranged for employees to get a suite for $100. We got there late and was told that the suites were sold out. I was already dressed in suit and tie (the corporate uniform) and I politely persisted. Supervisor came out and gave us an upgraded suite. Located at the very end of the floor, two bedrooms, large kitchen area, large TV area and a great view of the strip.
    Four Queens - Las Vegas - The renovated suites are OK, with a kitchen area, couch, nice bathroom, etc. Much better after the renovation. Only two have a separate bedroom (#1848,1948).
    South Point - Las Vegas - One bedroom with a very large bathroom. Nice TV area and kitchen. 4 TVs (Kitchen, bathroom, TV area, bedroom).

5. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2br penthouse at Golden Gate. There are only 2 and they take up the entire top floor of the hotel. 2 baths with steam showers, 6 TVs (3 in the living room, 1 in each bedroom and 1 outside), full patio/balcony complete with a built-in grill, and probably more I can't recall right now. Please excuse the amateur photography. ggph1.jpg ggph2.jpg ggph3.jpg ggph4.jpg ggph5.jpg ggph6.jpg ggph7.jpg ggph8.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. Norman Chad

Norman Chad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Golden Gate?! Who knew....

7. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 10 years ago my host at MB upgraded me to a higher category suite. I don't remember the name of the suite, MB changed there names after the refurb, but it was about 1200 sq ft and was located at a perfect angle to look down the street. Room was very nice but the view was amazing.

8. sinnerman

sinnerman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Senator Suite at Caesars Atlantic city. Massive room with a jetted tub, steam showers and the works. It was a very fun 6 day stay.

9. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the Spa Suite at NYNY. I'm a combination of cheap and broke so I haven't splurged on anything more. The Spa Suite isn't exactly a suite, it's just a large room with a jetted tub in the corner.

I dream of staying in some suites, I checkout vids and pics of them. I aim to stay at Skyloft at MGM someday in the probably very distant future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably the nicest - cost wise, was the Skyline Terrace at the MGM Grand. I stayed in one twice, and the second time the terrace was just huge. While I enjoyed that suite - I actually enjoyed the Terrace Suite at the Cosmo more. A more intimate terrace and I liked the suite better (of course that was back when they had full kitchens). Multi-level suites for me just don't work (I'm clumsy and not terribly organized). Whatever I'm looking for at any given time, is sure to be on the level I'm not currently on. The stairs were like marble with a glass window at the bottom, and I had visions of myself tripping over my own feet (as I'm prone to do) and falling down the stairs and flying out the glass window at the bottom - and well....dying :).

Bellagio Suite at the Bellagio was the nicest I've stayed in at the Bellaigo. I did enjoy that suite very much.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suite at Four Seasons for a birthday once was pretty cool, it being Four Season, where service is service, not just something for rollers. We didn't tell them it was my birthday but we're in the system as guests at other 4S properties and they had a small cake for me. Skylofts are pretty awesome but that's a different, effectively non-attainable critter for most. We've had some great times in the two-bedroom Vista Suites at the JW Marriott. We've had others but those stand out.

12. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    General Robert E Lee suite at Harrahs(with an h) back in the day.
    2br, living room, sunken jacuzzi, courtesy of the $20 trick

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Panoramic Penthouse Suite at Aria is the best room I've stayed at as well. It was absolutely beautiful. Floor to ceiling windows on 2 of the 4 walls of this room (which makes it panoramic). Marble quality flooring with gloss finish. I don't have photos of it as this was back in 2010 and when Mlife was still comping me properly for my level of play. I'd recommend this suite to anyone. You would not be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Norman Chad

Norman Chad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone ever stayed at a lanai at the Mirage? Albeit a little dated, they looked awesome and very private. I considered spending a night or two there and then going cheap the rest of the trip, but ultimately decided to call one place home all week. It seemed like most weekdays the 1 bedrooms were running around $1300/night. Is it worth it?

15. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, stayed in a Lanai suite at the Mirage a little while back, they have all been refurbished now. Own private pool in the "backyard". easy access straight to the pool area out the back door of the patio area.

Also stayed in the Mansion 2 bd with own pool, Skylofts 3 bd that can host a party for 60 without touching elbows, and the Skyloft 2 bd terrace suite.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Years ago, I think before the refurb. Its very nice and big. Only you can answer if its worth it, though. For me, I wouldn't pay $1300 for it

I Need Spa
  17. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you don’t mind me asking, did you book that room straight out, or get it upgraded (and if the latter, at what cost)? Asking as that looks like an amazing room, and I’d love any kind of insight about the best approach to getting it without spending an arm and a leg.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  18. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lakeview Suites are on the regular floors despite being priced above Penthouses. You ride the normal elevators. Grand Lakeview Suites get the elevators off the VIP Lounge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Norman Chad

Norman Chad Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I thought based on the website. I think the lakeviews are on floors 17-24.

20. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lakeviews go up to 28. Grand Lakeviews are 29-36.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.