1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The D and Cosmo - May 04 to 08 - Nose bleeds from the Highs and Lows

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Vegas24_7, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not offended at all. It was the way the host said it. It seemed condescending. I know I’m not a High Roller, but if he has simply wrote, I’m sorry we can’t offer you any, but maybe some back end comps based on your play, I would’ve not considered that rude at all. But there’s too much competition in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the praises! I keep thinking back on how lucky this trip has been for me. I'm going through withdrawal. LOL. My buddies just left there today so I've been getting text updates on how they are doing. Great to see them having fun but bad for me feeling like I'm missing the action. Hehe

I've heard as well that Cosmo doesn't value table players as much as slot players. I mean, I get that Slots generate a lot of revenue but so does Baccarat. There's a reason Vegas reports baccarat wins because there's a lot of action on that game. No idea why Cosmo treats it like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. westexrancher

westexrancher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing trip report! It gave me great pleasure that you spanked Cosmopolitan in the ass on the way out...

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slots are a more reliable money maker than baccarat. You're playing a 1.1% edge game, assuming you don't bet the tie. The slot players are often closer to 8 to 12% house edge. This being said, they should still treat you better, imo.

5. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more thing I'd like to add. I learned that the D is more than willing to drive me around to places around town in their limo by request (and as long as my level of play allows it). This was not a problem for me. However, when I asked Cosmo for the same service, they didn't even check my play and basically said "this is not something they do". She said they only offer rides to and from the airport. I find that hard to believe as I'm certain that the sharks and whales get this service no questions asked. But whatever. It is what it is. :thumbsdown:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. D in the D

D in the D Oldest ride, Longest Line

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report, thanks for sharing the rollercoaster ride!

7. spinette

spinette True Aficionado

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR! That's really too bad about the Cosmopolitan and how they'd quibble over $150 and furthermore whine when they got unlucky. Very chintzy and cheap. Something similar happened to me: asked a host for a dining credit (enough for lunch basically) and was told NO because I had won on my last two trips, and "45 cents" on the trip prior to those.

• Like Like x 1
  8. willslotforcash

willslotforcash MIA

It baffles me how they shrug their shoulders at your level of play. It reminds of broadliner food service companies like Sysco. If you don’t order at least 20 SKUs and $1,500 per drop, they don’t want your business.

Independents have now swooped in, and Sysco loses out on revenue. They now pay customers upfront money to buy from them.

9. BigSully

BigSully Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed your report! Looks like Cosmo is off my list too!

10. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your support. I'm still reminiscing the trip and miss the action! In terms of the petty charges from Cosmo, I did do the mature thing and emailed a semi-thank you to my host for the overall good stay but emphasizing my disappointment about the charge (I got no reply from him btw). It is a 5 star hotel that is in a great location in Las Vegas and I would stay again while being cautious how many charges I put on my room in the future. I can only compare Cosmo to the surrounding competition and I cannot say whether Mlife or CET would have done better. I personally doubt that they could.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  11. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally am not a shark nor whale and I have several times taken the limo to go downtown. Me thinks you got a lazy person that didn't even look into it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.