1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How much does one low play visit hurt at Mlife?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ezzy711, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been loyal to Mlife for over 10 years, earning gold each year (usually in 2 trips...about 40K TC per trip) and platinum once. I just got back from my trip and earned next to nothing...didn't even make pearl! Oops. I still lost a good amt of money but just not at Mlife. As much as I say I don't play for comps, I don't want to pay for a room either.

This trip I played at CET, Venetian and Cosmo but not enough to probably get offers there. I just checked my Mlife offers and they went from 4 nights at Aria & Bellagio to 3 - and I haven't even been home a week. Coincidence? My FP and RC amts went up but room nights went down. I still have 4 nights at all other resorts. I'm wondering if I should book one just to make sure I keep them?

On the plus side, this was really the most fun I've had on a trip outside of gambling. I had a huge bill to replace my HVAC that was unexpected just before I left. My trip and bankroll were fully funded but I was scared to come back without any of my bankroll. As a result, beside playing all over, I also played a bit more conservatively than usual. I probably would have won more if I wasn't such a wuss. That only makes me want to go back soon. I will try to get back in September if I can.

How long do you think one bad trip will effect my offers? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I low played last year on two back to back 4 night comp stays (Bellagio and Mandalay Bay) within a month of each other. I only maintained MLife Gold because of the amount of room charges.

I'll be back almost an exact year later, and I have two comped 4 night stays booked within a month of each other (Bellagio and Delano). I've continued to receive various comp offers throughout the past year, but couldn't make it back until summer. The offers actually got better with time.

I too am curious how low playing affects MLife offers. So far, I haven't been too burned by it. I do plan to try to give a decent amount of play, but I also want to dabble at Cosmo, Wynn/Encore, and Venetian/Palazzo and just don't have the bankroll or energy to massively play at all. We'll see....

Vegasworm

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be shocked if you have some decent CET offers for free rooms, also if you have never played at cosmo or venetian you may get teaser offers from them as well. Money lost has very little to do with comps, it's all about the ADT, so you may be okay. It could just be that the 3 night offers are reflective of a busier time in LV with summer starting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless they have released May offers early ("May" offers would have a June 15 book by date and go out to November 15), they have not generated a new offer since you returned. The next round should start getting rolled out early next week.

The most recent batch of offers would have been released starting around April 15th. It could take a couple of monthly cycles for them to catch up to your recent trip.

If you want to go in September and your current offer covers your dates, I would book it now.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard from a few people that offers have been slimmed down, even with normal play.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip for my bday hubby got sick and stayed in bed for most of the trip. I gambled but not nearly as much as we normally would. I still have a 4 days comped for Bellagio available in my offers. So I guess the one bad trip didn’t hurt much

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the answers!

These are new and go to Nov 3. The offers I'm seeing right now are the oddest ever. My Aria and Bellagio went from 4 nights to 3 with NO comps on weekends but FP and RC doubled. The offers for all other properties have the same amt of FP and RC but INCLUDE resort fees. Mirage, Mandalay and MGM Grand are standard rooms, NYNY, Park MGM, Delano (of course), Luxor and Excal are all suites.

Weekends aren't that important to me other than it is often cheaper to fly Tues - Sat than other days. I've never stayed at NYNY, maybe I'll try that because it's a good location

8. Gypsy21

Gypsy21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip I took was to the Mirage in September, and I ended up low playing them a bit because I spent most of my time at Cosmo. It's been a crazy few months, so this set of offers was the first ones I've checked since then. Almost all of my offers stayed consistent 4 nights, 200 RC, and 225 FP. What I thought was odd was that my Delano offer dropped to 3 nights, and my Mandalay Bay offers jumped from Elite or Executive Kings to the 1 bedroom penthouse or 2 bedroom panoramic. Either one low play doesn't hurt the offers much, or they're confused that I haven't been back in 8 months.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. insin

insin Speed Spender

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I low-played my last mlife comp stay but I spent more than normal on show tickets, restaurants and attractions so I made sure to use my Mlife cc to pay for it all. My offers went up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Robertb1

Robertb1 bon vivant

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Low playing for one trip won’t affect your offers much as others have noted. I’ve done this before (Bellagio) and nothing happened.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife is REALLY slow on catching up to past play... like months, slow. I don't think that this offer is based on your last trip.

Mlife is a dinosaur on how long offers take to reflect last trip stats, I think it's coincidence.

I do agree with @Chuck2009x though....if you did some seriously low play, book now, before dinosaur mlife DOES catch up.
    You can always cancel/rebook later.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do think MLife is either more lenient than CET when it comes to a one-off low trip, or else they use a longer history or don't weight your most recent trip as heavily as CET.

I think they also have gotten looser in general with room nights in the past year. I've cut my play in half in the past two years and I was able to get a Tower Fountain View King room at Bellagio comped on two trips in a row, but not in my last couple of offer cycles.

I don't this looseness will last forever.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.