1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Consecutive CET comp bookings... same room?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jcooper911, May 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi,

Off to Vegas on Friday, but have one night booked fri-sat palace king at Caesars, followed by 3 nights sat-tues julius 2 queens...

Reason is cos I added Friday night on to trip, but couldn’t modify original booking due to availability.

So question is, should I be able to keep the same room for my whole stay? Just ask at reception to combo the consecutive reservations? Would rather not change rooms on Saturday obv...

Anyone with experience I’d love to hear from. Thanks!

2. HeliBen

HeliBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea they should be able to do it. apparently the room type you book is never guaranteed anyways at ceasar's palace. Everytime I checked in there it seemed to be a negotiation... "let me see what I have available." one time I checked in late having booked augustus tower but had to take another one as there was no more availability.

3. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question is how were you able to book back to back comp bookings? Host?

4. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had no issues doing that by phone. The website won't let you. My understanding is 72 hour rule applies to limit of your offer. So if you get a 3 day offer 4 times per month you have to wait 72 hours after staying 3 nights. If it's a 4 night or 5 same thing. But if it's a 5 and you book 3 nights, you can add the 4th night without a wait. You may however not be able to get the same room or room type. If moving isn't important, ask if you can keeper the lower quality of the 2 rooms

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I added a day once, and because it was two reservations, they charged me an extra $30 for late checkout on the first reservation, but let me stay in the same room for the duration. I had the option of moving (even a comp upgrade was offered), but unless I wanted to check out at 11 and back in at 4, couldn't get around the early/late checkout fee regardless. That was my first trip to any cet property in several years though and I had near absolute zero status. I imagine they probably would take better care of you if you have status to get comps at the palace. I also didn't ask them to waive the fee because they didn't say they were doing it; just added it in the computer without mention and I didn't realize until I got my closeout statement.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just rang the reservations line up. 1 day and then 3 days... pretty straightforward actually and the reservations line was quite helpful even though couldnt get the same room type...

7. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ah ok understood. I am Platinum but put good play in my 1 or 2 trips a year so I am hoping I can convince front desk to let me keep a consistent room for the whole trip - maybe $20 will help lol

8. jcooper911

jcooper911 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    makes sense - pretty sure I have only stayed in the exact room I booked once out of 6 trips!

9. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only time I've ever booked a cheap room there, a forum classic, they gave me a palace premium without me asking for upgrades and no $20 sandwich. Makes it tempting to take the Julius comps once and see what happens

10. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from previous posts i read about the forum classic it seems that the front desk tries really hard to move the guest to another tower if there is room permitting, all at no cost to the guest...

I'm assuming that the forum classic is very much like MGM's west wing tower. But i can see how having too many guests occupy those room can wreck havoc on it's brand and reputation. An average person reading a yelp review might not be able to differentiate the different room types offered and base their bookings on the yelp reviews alone.

11. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am heading to the Flamingo in July with my son in law. Both Diamond. I have 4 days comped, he has the next three days comped - same type of room. I assume we will keep the same room for all 7 days. Will I be disappointed?

12. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What type of room are you comped? Flamingo recently had a huge renovation, including rooms.

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you ask, they will usually find a way to combine them. After all, they have no interest in TOTALLY cleaning a room for the next guest.

Then again, maybe you can get a better room on the second one? Maybe wait until you check out the first room, then ask.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's true that the Forum Tower is the one that has been renovated the least recently. But that tower and its rooms don't belong in the same sentence with the West Wing rooms at MGM Grand.

15. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A"flamingo room". High Roller view.

I don't really care about type of room. In it to shower and sleep only. I Just want to be away from the strip. Last time we had a strip view but was above Drai. Music until 4 am.

16. K-9treatbaker

K-9treatbaker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ask for a room away from Drai's and specify you would like a quiet room. They will oblige. :)

17. todd7764

todd7764 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe this is one of the newly renovated rooms. They are supposed to be really nice.

18. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So now I have another question: Do I need to "check out" after my part of the stay at the front desk? The reason I ask is I do not plan to do any gambling at a CET property that day - I plan to spend that day at MGM (pool, dinner and show) " and I would not want to have that day calculated as part of my average daily gambling for comps purposes.

19. HeliBen

HeliBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am guessing the entire time will count towards your ADT anyways. Even if you are technically "checked out" on saturday, you are still checking back in saturday too right...?

20. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will check in to my room atFlamingo on Wednesday and check out on Monday. I will stay in my son in laws room Monday night and Tuesday night. . I will play at MGM Monday and play at flamingo again On Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.