1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Resort Fee - WiFi Limited to One Device?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by zenvegas, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that the resort fees at the CET hotels only include wifi for one device. Is that new and/or enforced? Who goes away (not solo) and only has one device?
    I have a cell and an iPad. Am I missing something?

MODERATOR NOTE: I have split this off into it's own thread. It came from the 2019 Hotel Resort Fees Thread.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2019
    I need a vacation from my vacations
  2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hadn't seen that. Typically they will allow at least two devices per room. It is enforced because every 24 hours, you need to log into the system with your room number, name on the room and agree to the T&C. I think one device is too few. I travel with my laptop for actual work stuff and my phone. I suppose I don't need to link my phone to the wifi, but I like to save my data where I can.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. zenvegas

zenvegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is fine if you're travelling solo. But many people travel with spouses and friends. And each have at least 1 device.
    I know that when we were in Vegas about a year ago, they asked at checkout if we had used 3 devices. I said we hadn't, but we had.
    I used my phone and tablet. My buddy used his phone. So, I know you will be charged for the 3rd device.
    I'll be there tomorrow. I won't ask at check in because I don't want to alert them. I'll probably go back to the desk later.
    However, I know that both me and my brother in law will be using wifi for work.

I need a vacation from my vacations
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This drives me crazy. How much extra does it cost you to allow me to connect my phone, laptop, tablet and the same for however many people are in the room. If you have to limit it, how about you limit it to 5 devices, or something reasonable. Even if it's part of a "resort fee", I'm paying $40 a night, I can have a 5 devices connected. If I'm not running a server farm or spam factory out of room #16-224, back off and let me stream a movie and check Twitter and VMB how I choose. :)

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when you use their wifi, it’s not secured

6. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had wifi charges waived without argument. They've been billed to me multiple times at CET properties, and I always hear the same thing from CSRs... "Yeah, it's an old system, makes charges in error all the time, I'll reverse that for you."

Screw them and screw their one-device limit. I'll use as many devices as I want.

What's the worst that can happen, anyway?

If they don't want to argue with me, they'll waive the charge like they always do.​

If they suddenly decide to get cute, I'll just say it must have been somebody else who logged in using my last name and room number.​

After all, they never said I had to keep that information private. Oopsie.

Guess they can have fun chasing up whoever "somebody else" is...

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. bnlphan

bnlphan Degenerate In Training

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It used to be two because I remember noting last march that there were three of us, but I generally only need 2G or LTE or whatever you get anywhere you get service.

NYNY,Cannery,Sam's Town Jun4-11
  8. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, what a scam. Using 3 devices doesn't "suck more juice" from the network than using just 1, or cost them more in any way. It's pure gravy. It's like charging for more than 1 person watching the TV.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's currently 2 devices at PHo.
    Screenshot_20190503-011347_Chrome.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't give them any ideas!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Caesars 3x and Rio 1x in the last 4 months and even though the resort fee stuff on web says one device, I've been told 2 devices at check-in every time. I only use it for non cellular devices so it hasn't been a problem for me, but it *is* a dumb policy when resort fees are mandatory for regular Joe and for most people that's the only thing of value you really get for your money.

12. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently at Paris and am using 2 devices. It lists them as you sign in each day "1 of 2, 2 of 2". States "included in resort fee"

• Like Like x 1
  13. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past I would always use my own mini-router and plug in to the hard wired port in the room and then connect wirelessly to that. Added benefit that it protected my devices and kept them off the wireless connection at large. Most properties have slowly let their hard wired connections die and they rarely work now. On our last trip neither Mirage nor Lux the hard wired connection were live. On our last A C trip it did work at Harrah's. I travel a lot for business and even in the smallest towns and cheapest hotels more often than not the hard wired connection is 100% functional.

Restricting by number of devices makes little sense especially given the fact that tracking total bandwidth is an easy task at the router. One device can easily outstrip multiple devices in terms of bandwidth used. There are usually ways around the device limit anyway as security in the Vegas properties as far as this restriction is often rudimentary at best. They are truly cutting off their nose to spite their face in this incidence.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET's internet service policy...
    https://totalrewards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/892/~/las-vegas-properties--internet-service

WiFi Internet service is offered across all our Las Vegas properties.The pricing is as follows:

Basic (5 mbps)
    Free for Guests paying the Resort Fee (up to 2 devices)
    $14.99 for Guests not paying the Resort Fee (up to 2 devices)
    $10.99 for Each Additional Device

Premium (10 mbps)
    $8.99 for Guests paying the Resort Fee (up to 2 devices)
    $22.98 for Guests not paying the Resort Fee (up to 2 devices)
    $10.99 for Each Additional Device
    $10.99 for Upgrade Basic to Premium

When you first access the property WiFi system, a pop-up screen will appear on your computer or mobile device.You must enter your room number and last name to receive the discounted rate that is included in your resort fee. You will then be asked to pick a service: Basic (free with resort fee) and Premium (additional fee.)

15. jon_vegas

jon_vegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you connect to the wifi downstairs (free) before going up, sometimes it keeps the connection without having to login using the room#/name - and won't count as a device included in the resort fee.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is just extremely stupid to limit number of devices, after making people pay $40+ a day for the resort fee. This, along with the "I can get into your room and search whenever I want" policy of CET are just enough to make sure to never step foot at a CET property.

17. rgerards

rgerards Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That has been working at bally's (thats the only CET hotel where I got that working) for years now.

Also, many (mainly Samsung) phones are able to share wifi over wifi :D

18. Straitlover

Straitlover Low-Roller

So is that two devices period or just two logged in at a time? Say I have a phone and tablet and sis has a phone. If sis is logged in, can I log in and out to switch between my phone & tablet, or can I only use one?

19. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 per day period.

20. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true. I always use a VPN if I use the WiFi though secure URls like accessing your bank account are already encrypted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.