1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

High Ho High Ho, its off to Vegas I go 4/24-5/2

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LV2GAMBLE, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed our breakfast also! Hope your flight home goes smoothly.....I am off to lose more $$ today!:beer:

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Safe travels! Thank you for taking us along on your Vegas adventures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final recap:

Flight: Allegiant RT. Price was $87 each way. Plus, I paid for a checked bag. On the way there I opted to pay for a seat selection as I like to sit on an aisle seat. Flight was probably just over half full, thus giving me a WHOLE row to myself. On the way there a young gal had a pet cat named Carmen in a pet carrier. Pic will be added.

On the way back I just let Allegiant assign me a seat. Ended up with a window seat in row 19. The middle passenger here was traveling with a pet dog!! Geeez!!! You know when you are sitting at the gate and you see a couple of passengers and say to yourself “I hope I don’t end up sitting next to them”?? We’ll thankfully that didn’t happen as let’s just say it would have made for a VERY tight squeeze and uncomfortable ride.

Both flights were on time and actually arrived early on both ends. YAY. :woohoo:

Transportation: This trip I opted to just use Uber this time as the rate was just a tad cheaper than Lyft. Rides: LAS to Orleans $14.20, Orleans to Apothecary (on Flamingo) $7.75, Orleans to The D $12.31, The D to LAS $20.27. I could have save $18 by taking the WAX from DT to LAS, but I didn’t want to be hanging out in the street waiting for the bus at 5 a.m. I had actually pre-ordered/scheduled my ride to LAS the night before. All drivers were friendly with clean cars. :biker:

Hotels:

The Orleans – Spent the 1st 3 nights here. Had a premium 2 queen room booked. They offered me the 19th floor, but I requested to be closer to the elevators so ended up with room 1239. That is fine with me. This looked out over the pool area but couldn’t really see because of that ‘balcony looking’ thing. I appreciate the different lay-out of the rooms here and take advantage of the small sitting area. Shower was the tub combo. The bed was comfy but the pillows were awful! The room included a safe and was quiet.

The D – spent the last 5 nights here. The room was fine. Had a room on the 22nd floor overlooking Walgreen’s. The room was fairly quiet, but around 10 p.m. or so could hear some noise from Fremont. On Saturday night I heard some crazy motorcycles giving 'er hell (loud pipes save lives ya know!!) and also some police sirens. Not so much the rest of the nights. The beds here were not that comfortable, but the pillows were better. I don’t like that screen thing over the windows because it makes my eyes crossed trying to see, but I can understand why it’s there. Shower was a ½ wall shower with a cut-out that allows you to turn the water on without getting drenched. The AC unit was fairly loud and made various different sounds/noises. Kind of creeped me out a bit at times because it sounded like someone was in the room with me.!!!! Creep.Me.Out!!!! Plus, my room was a connector, which I don’t like when on vaca and traveling solo.

Dining: :feedme: Now, I am faaaaar from being a foodie and just opt for what’s handy most times. But, I always try to do at least ONE new place to try. Dining options I had were:

Orleans: Breakfast at the buffet, brekkie at Copper Whisk (new), Baliick, Big Al’s Oyster bar, and one night it was a couple of hot dogs from the sports book. Impressive huh??? LOL

The D (and DT): ate at The D Grille 3x because well…comps, grabbed a Sammy from Walgreens one night, Subway, Donut Bar (new), Le Thai (new), Pizza Rock (new). The Diavola pizza I had at Pizza Rock was excellent but it was SOOOO dark in there, which I didn't care for.

Hooker? lol: :eek: Twice I saw what I presumed to be working ladies. Both were at Orleans. I happened to be sitting out front and enjoying some outside weather. I see this lady park her car in the front lot and make her way to the front and ‘hang out’ and appeared to be waiting for her ‘ride’. The best-looking thing about her (? IF it was a 'her', Which itself was questionable?) was her funky high heel shoes….LOL.

The 2nd time was while I was sitting in Baliwick. I’m bellied up to the bar having supper and this older white haired gent is sitting along the side at the opposite end. Along comes this pretty young Asian girl and plops herself down next to him. Now, I may be a little naive, but there is no way that this girl is this person’s partner, well, it may be for a the next few hours……………..!!!!!

Gambling: Some days were miss, miss, and miss. Other days I actually got lots of play for my $$. I am a self-proclaimed low roller, but found myself, for whatever reason betting at a higher than normal rate for me!!! Hopefully, this will keep some comps coming my way. Bounced around Fremont gambling at The D, Golden Gate, Binion’s, 4Q, and The Plaza. Thankfully for my first-ever hand pay (The D Quick-hits) this turned into a winning trip for me. :clap: :headbang:

I think I came home about $500 ahead. Paid $300 towards the CC to cover hotel, Uber, and room charges and put all the remaining money back in my vacation club account for a ‘next’ trip. Right now I am scheduled for October Bike Fest, but we shall see if I can make it that long before hopping a plane again….LOL. Thanks for hanging in there with me. :nworthy:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. LV2GAMBLE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carmen, the traveling kitty [emoji3][emoji3][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
  5. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never flown Allegient, but is really saying something when you are happy that a flight lands on Earth. I think I would have to avoid this airlines a pay a bit more for my flight. ;)

Thank you so much for sharing, sounds like it was a great trip!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. LV2GAMBLE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I caught the typo earlier and fixed....Lol. Lands EARLY....not Earth...hehe

7. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't you love autocorrect? I thought it was a great typo, it really made me giggle. I might be sleep deprived though and in desperate need of my own Vegas trip!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wonderful TR. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Door-stop alarm. Remove batteries before packing. Just sayin'.......................

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. LV2GAMBLE

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. Yes, I did remember to remove the battery on both flights. That thing is so loud it could wake the dead!!!!

11. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sure do get around! Congrats on the HP. Somehow I think with having a winning trip you'll make it back before October - lol! Thanks for writing this up. Always interesting to "hear" how a fellow Solo traveler does Vegas.

P.S. Sounds like you did great. The first time back at something is always the hardest. I hope you found this trip cathartic and that you found your joy - even if it was for just a little while. {{{hugs to you}}}

• Like Like x 1
  12. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just seeing this TR for the first time. Thanks for posting.

Looks like OP's flight was 7:30am. The first WAX gets to the airport at 545am. Maybe some like to get to the airport earlier than that, but that's about the time I'd want to get there for a 730 flight.

https://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/wax.pdf

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, i would be okay with that arrival myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.