$20 TI - Treasure Island

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bueller?

2. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone?

3. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Colesc, I think someone may have answered you in your other thread on this?

Looking at the website above the Petite suite is Tower suite and there are no other suites available for your dates in July currently. The price difference is about $30+ per night so you may get something on a $20 trick or you may not. Its hard for others to answer your question as it all depends on the clerk on the day and availability.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the tower suite the biggest they have above the petite suite?

5. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No i think I saw other suites above that but they were showing as sold out for your dates.

6. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Attempted the $20 trick today at check in around 1 and the lady was very nice and tried but said there's nothing available above our petite suite so she put us on the 26th floor facing the strip. The room is nice and all but nothing special

7. lancerh

lancerh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the $20 trick for a stay last Thursday through Saturday. Was upgraded to a corner view room with two large windows, in my opinion a better view than the petite suites. Also a complimentary bottle of champagne and a late check out. I haven't done the trick in too many places, maybe 3 or 4 but seem to have the best luck at TI.

8. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were able to get that room last year and I agree, much better view

9. lancerh

lancerh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there again last week and got almost the exact same results as our previous stay. Corner room with an amazing view ( I am considering asking for the specific room number next time even though I know it's a long shot), champagne, and a late check out (3pm). I did ask for the late check out since the gal did not offer, but was very accomodating.

10. Mitty

Mitty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone tried this recently? If so, did work for you? I'm going in May and would like to try it out.

11. lancerh

lancerh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was there again in march. Pretty much the same as my previous trips. Corner panarama view room, champagne, and. Late check out It wouldn't hurt to ask if you wanted a petite suite which I have been upgraded to once or twice there but just not recently

• Like Like x 1
  12. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan to test the system next week. We are coming in on a comp for a King Deluxe Strip view for 3 nights. I'm going to try for a Petite Suite with panoramic view! Wish me luck!

13. TX Tim

TX Tim Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A relative and I separately booked two weeknights Run of House in mid-April 2019 through TI's website:
    1. Checking in around noon, the front desk was busy and a manager opened another station as I was next up. Handed over my $20 with everything else. Received Tower Suite on 37 (maybe not recently renovated -- the bathrooms seemed dated), immediate availability (no $35 early check-in), and bottle of champagne. It was my first time trying TI and I was quite pleased.

2. Around 12:30 PM, my relative checked in with a young female clerk who seemed new. (I was present at desk but reservations not connected.) The clerk recoiled upon seeing the $20 bill, said she could not accept it, and we had to take it back immediately. :nono: LOL! Relative received the room she expected, available immediately and without $35 early check-in, which they had been pushing to almost everyone else checking in. Her first time at TI and happy enough.
    Good luck, everyone!

14. Mitty

Mitty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried it today and got a panoramic view room on the 33floor..happy with the rooms nice a quiet

15. ryan1469

ryan1469 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any recent updates? Will be trying at the end of June.

16. squirrel263

squirrel263 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ryan1469 - How did it work out for you?

17. squirrel263

squirrel263 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whelshblonde, do you have a link for the site to check room availability?

18. STS05

STS05 Onward

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll be giving it a try on 08/04 and will report back. I’m staying on a comp offer of a King Deluxe with a Strip view and resort fees waived. I’ll be interested what they would respond with.

19. Prime

Prime Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you get on?

20. pbmeow

pbmeow Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 trick was a success for my boyfriend and I back in October. Upgraded to the 34th floor with strip view at the end of the hallway. Nice and quiet. I didn’t get much sleep because I wanted to see everything and it was my first time out west!