1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pet peeves when flying?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by bigslope, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. When I move over so someone can have the isle seat and then they proceed to kick their legs out and go to sleep the entire flight so I can't use the restroom at all.
    2. People who bring carry on luggage. It's just such an ordeal. Just check the damn bag!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. HeatherC

HeatherC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't on a flight but on the shuttle from the car to the airport. My husband had just had distal tendon surgery and was in an arm ROM still. He couldn't lift anything over 5lbs yet. The only luggage port open was the top rack and 15 men sat there while I struggled to put our luggage into the rack. Not a single one of them offered to help. I may or may not have made a loud sarcastic comment about self absorbed assholes. :bang:

• Like Like x 3
  3. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me? You talkin' to me? 'Cause it sounds like you are. IIRC there is no seating restriction on marital status vis-a-vis seating on SWA. Then again, maybe I just didn't read the small print in the brochure. But if you think about it...my boarding position is A(x) and hers is A(y). So each individual seat, regardless of relationship, has to be accounted for. Once you pass the aircraft threshold, you simply pick any open seat. Neither of us feels an obligation to take a center seat, by virtue of matrimony. While some couples prefer to sit together, we could be the statistical outliers who value the aisle seats more than four more hours or wedged bliss. :whistle:;):D

EDIT: Now that I think about it, we used to do the window-n-center thing when flying. As we've gotten older, we value not having to crawl over other passengers to hit the head. The window seat kind of lost its appeal given that, over time, earth looks like earth. The coveted seats (SWA) are the emergency exit rows...anything else is just ok.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am fortunate. I have two drinks in the airport bar, use the bathroom before boarding and have two more on the plane. Time on board is usually 4 hours and I haven't used a plane bathroom in probably 10 years. So, I take the window and my wife takes the center and we share the dvd player.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, I have to be careful not to do this by reflex sometimes.

Of course, part of the problem is...reclining seats. Some planes, if the seat in front is reclined, you basically can't stand up straight. They should just get rid of reclining.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

How are you with couples that sit in aisle seats one behind the other on the same side of the plane?:poke::rolleyes::D

Seriously I've heard that peeve/complaint before and I just don't understand it. Most of the time you wouldn't know that we are a couple. I listen/read/watch something and he does the same. Sometimes we might not even say much to each other all flight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really have any serious peeves; I figure I'm riding a winged Greyhound, and anticipate a good deal of this behavior.

I wonder what some of us have unknowingly done that has annoyed others.

That said,
    The last time I offered to help a thirty-something having trouble lifting her bag to the overhead she hissed, "I can handle it!" I thought she was going to bite my head off. Guess I was exuding toxic masculinity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you were exuding BO. See #1 in the graphic above.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Kdiamond

Kdiamond Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve never seen this personally, but I can imagine it must be the worst!

08EB245A-C6EF-498B-9838-2BB8DF6BA9FC.jpeg

• Wow! Wow! x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You wrote "luggage". Probably should have checked it. NVM--you also wrote shuttle.

12. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm, that's all you took away from that post?
    In case there is a problem with your spellchecker, that is how you spell luggage.

13. pureguava68

pureguava68 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I'm isle or window seat, I feel like the middle seat has first dibs on the arm rests. I don't always get that courtesy when I'm the middle seat. I don't know if anything annoys me enough to be called a pet peeve, but come on people, throw us middle seat folk a bone!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why I like the window. The fuselage doesn't think it owns the arm rest and I can give the poor bastard in the center a little breathing/arm room.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. pureguava68

pureguava68 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it’s okay to hit on you?:cool::cool:

17. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, NOT getting the aisle-aisle problem when folks are flying together. There is a very easy solution ... if you don't like the seating process on the airline chosen, choose another airline. (And for those of you who will now chime in, but ShitAir is all we have ... yes, that happens. That's a function of where you live or being unwilling to drive x miles.) But, hell, even with Allegiant you can do stuff like pay for oxygen and a sober-pilot upgrade and SWA does have ways to increase your status.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

No Breeze, even with that username. You should never be injured in a passenger jet unless it bumps into the ground/water.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The person reclining in front of me has never inconvenienced me in any way. I paid for that 3" of reclining and I'm going to use it. And for the record, I'm no pipsqueak. I'm over 200 lbs. and just under 6' tall. Bring on the torches and pitchforks...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My pet peeve is people's pets, tarted up to look like service dogs. Also, people that want to talk the entire flight. Reason why I try to always fly first class. That way, the only person who can annoy me is my wife haha.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.